04/07/08 [Abel 2 #12] - Nothing you can't handle

Started by AndersW, April 06, 2008, 11:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dard

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 07, 2008, 04:56:01 AM
Quote from: Dard on April 07, 2008, 04:50:22 AM
My take:

Interesting, but there's one major objection that springs to mind, one that would make this chicanery somewhat unnecessary:

:shapeshifters
Oh, I thought about this one. But considering Abel's a cubi, Aniz' comment "The wings, the eyes. He looks just like them" just doesn't make sense. So there must be something about his looks so that simple shapeshifting just isn't enough.

You should wave the "Cubi are shapeshifters" smiley at Aniz, not me!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dard on April 07, 2008, 05:30:22 AM
Oh, I thought about this one. But considering Abel's a cubi, Aniz' comment "The wings, the eyes. He looks just like them" just doesn't make sense. So there must be something about his looks so that simple shapeshifting just isn't enough.
The way I see it, Aniz is interested in his son's appearance (i.e. his base form) as proof that he is of a certain lineage, not because it would help some plan.

If they wanted to infiltrate, shapeshifting alone should be enough.  The only situation I can think of where having a similar base form would be useful in infiltration is if there is some kind of spell that forces a 'Cubi to revert to base form.  Even that wouldn't help you too much since the clan mark would be wrong.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kuari

*facepalms*

OK, that's it, I just can't take it anymore...

*fricken shoves Aniz's foot into his mouth, then uses Harm Touch to melt his face, and make his foot permanently stuck there*

There...  moving on....  and seriously...  no sign of wounds anymore already?  Seriously, when is Fa'lina going to pull out the Legendary Kung Fu Ninja Muffins of Whoop Ass?

Lucheek

Them...Them...

Possibly a certain type of demon?

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 07, 2008, 04:17:08 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 07, 2008, 02:42:17 AM
Could this be one of those "shattered shells" of Aniz's children that Falina refers to, or is that just a result of Abel himself?

Realistically, it's Jouster's cameo, and probably nothing more than that.  So far as the story goes, the implication is that Abel didn't want him as a room-mate.

For your reading pleasure. link

Edit:
Note that this link requires a DeviantArt login, as the content is NSFW and rated Mature.

AndersW should have made a note to this effect.

-- llearch

Brunhidden

the only 'them' i could think of is if abels mom really was a bit loose, as people seem to think, and aniz was afraid she boinked with an angel.

hoo boy, they don't want any angels getting inside SAIA now do they? daddykins could probably home in on junior regardless how many wards were on that place.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

*Charles has suspicions... not that Edward = Aniz, but something just a wee bit different that is made possible if Aniz has other children later, and one doesn't end up a Cubi...*

Remember, we've got 400 years to work with!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AmigaDragon

Quote from: AndersW on April 07, 2008, 09:24:52 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 07, 2008, 04:17:08 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 07, 2008, 02:42:17 AM
Could this be one of those "shattered shells" of Aniz's children that Falina refers to, or is that just a result of Abel himself?

Realistically, it's Jouster's cameo, and probably nothing more than that.  So far as the story goes, the implication is that Abel didn't want him as a room-mate.

Edit:
Note that this link requires a DeviantArt login, as the content is NSFW and rated Mature.

AndersW should have made a note to this effect.

-- llearch
I guess I'll just have to miss that then. I don't go registering to every new linked site just so I can look at pictures. Having no artistic talent, I have no other reason to register either.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 07, 2008, 12:11:12 PM

I guess I'll just have to miss that then. I don't go registering to every new linked site just so I can look at pictures. Having no artistic talent, I have no other reason to register either.

I think you'll find it's a story.  To be honest, if it's NSFW I'm not sure I want to read it anyway...

Cogidubnus

Quote"The wings. The eyes. He looks just like them!"

I'd really take this as definitive proof of Abel having siblings, especially considering Fa'Lina's next question, and Aniz's answer to said question.
I also find the wings and eyes comment interesting, as we know that Abel has both unique wings and eyes. Heterochromia makes him both blue and green eyed, and we know that his wings are both bat-winged and feathered. At least gives us clues as to what a sibling might look like, anyway.

I get the feeling Aniz does this a lot. I also get the feeling that Fa'Lina isn't going to kill him. Call it a hunch.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 07, 2008, 12:22:23 PM
I'd really take this as definitive proof of Abel having siblings, especially considering Fa'Lina's next question, and Aniz's answer to said question.

Did you see Amber's post about that referring to potential future children?  Or are you talking about it from the present day point-of-view, as opposed to 400 years ago?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 07, 2008, 12:25:35 PM
Did you see Amber's post about that referring to potential future children?  Or are you talking about it from the present day point-of-view, as opposed to 400 years ago?

I did not, in point of fact. Goes to show what happens when I speculate and only skim the thread.

If so, than something is still up. Abel looks similar to someone, after all - several someones, in point of fact, in and of his wings and his eyes. If it isn't a sibling, it makes me wonder.

Sunblink

Huh.

I would have a really good speculative guess for this comic, but I'm feeling wonky from getting minimal amounts of sleep.

So instead, I'll just give Amber a gold star for her artwork and for renewing all the speculation-excitement in me. XD

I think this comic shut up any confusion I had about Abel's eye color and wing-style differences from Aniz. If it's possible to magically tailor or engineer someone's/something's (particularly a fetus?) appearance for a specific purpose, that probably explains the physical discrepancies.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 07, 2008, 12:22:23 PM
Quote"The wings. The eyes. He looks just like them!"

I also find the wings and eyes comment interesting, as we know that Abel has both unique wings and eyes. Heterochromia makes him both blue and green eyed, and we know that his wings are both bat-winged and feathered. At least gives us clues as to what a sibling might look like, anyway.

I get the feeling Aniz does this a lot. I also get the feeling that Fa'Lina isn't going to kill him. Call it a hunch.

It could be that Aniz did have other children at one point, but something happened to them, and now he's trying to recreate them. Or possibly the other members of his clan. We still don't know what, in particular, reduced Abel's clan to such a derelict state.

I probably am going to go with the last idea, since the first one sounds too sympathetic for someone as despicable as Aniz. Yes, I do greatly dislike the douche, now. Also, I doubt Fa'Lina's going to kill Aniz. After all, she did say there would be some repercussions if she did.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 07, 2008, 12:32:30 PM
I did not, in point of fact. Goes to show what happens when I speculate and only skim the thread.
Yeah, well, that particular post was very easy to miss, especially at the time it was posted.

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 07, 2008, 12:13:52 PM
I think you'll find it's a story.  To be honest, if it's NSFW I'm not sure I want to read it anyway...

I'm sorry for not marking the link NSFW.  I don't think it is any worse than the Shonen-ai Wallpaper.

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 07, 2008, 12:11:12 PM

If you don't want to sign up, you can bypass the filter by clicking the download link to the left.  It takes you to a html page with the text.

It is a fun read, and I would definitely recommend it.

Psaakyrn

I'm almost tempted to suggest pyroduck....

(with a heaping LARGE case of sibling rivary)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Lucheek

To above poster, of whose name I forgot, that might be a idea. He's trying to re-make certain cubi from his clan. Maybe the original clan founders looked something like Abel. Aniz may be doing a reincarnation-ploy.

And, since we've learned that a child looks like a being parent, Aniz must of hand-picked May for her traits.

Janus Whitefurr

Aiie! The ancient writing burns like pain! Pre-Abel's-Story-during-SAIA pain!

At least, people reading that will lose any idea that I'm competent at writing in the least, given the prejudices of this place regarding male/male humour.

*poof*
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AndersW on April 07, 2008, 02:39:47 PM
If you don't want to sign up, you can bypass the filter by clicking the download link to the left.  It takes you to a html page with the text.

... you mean the link that isn't there if you're not logged in?

Yeah. That'll work wonders...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lucheek

AndersW

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 07, 2008, 05:48:19 PM
Quote from: AndersW on April 07, 2008, 02:39:47 PM

... you mean the link that isn't there if you're not logged in?

Yeah. That'll work wonders...

This should work. NSFW link

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on April 07, 2008, 04:34:06 PM

Aiie! The ancient writing burns like pain! Pre-Abel's-Story-during-SAIA pain!

At least, people reading that will lose any idea that I'm competent at writing in the least, given the prejudices of this place regarding male/male humour.

*poof*

It was an amusing story, and I enjoyed it.  Don't put yourself down so much.  Remember, the older it is, the more distorted the impression of it.

Naldru

I don't think that Fa'lina will kill Aniz, but I believe that she is capable of making him wish he was dead.  I also think that she has something specific in mind for Aniz.

By the way, my opinion of Aniz is dropping fast.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ren Gaulen

Well, I can't say that I ever had a high opinion of Aniz, but he is no more of a jerk now than he was back at May's house. It is just the fact that he acts like he still has some control of the situation, and like he is not made of fail that makes me want to jab burning chopsticks into his ears. >:[
However, there is obviously something more about this whole situation than we can see right now, and Aniz clearly plays a major role in something important. Either way he is out of danger right now. I would even go as far as to say that he will be quite safe as long as he is near Fa'Lina.

Aleolus

!KCA

Quote from: Aleolus on April 07, 2008, 08:58:16 PM
...  Reminds him of who, now, I wonder?
You and everyone else. We'll never find out, of course. Much like Aniz's motives for killing Hennya, this question will always remain firmly planted in eternal twilight. Amber likes screwing with people like that.

Kuari

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 07, 2008, 07:44:59 PMI would even go as far as to say that he will be quite safe as long as he is near Fa'Lina.

I think Aniz is starting to think that now too, thus why he's getting cocky...  though I'm sure if he pushes Fa'lina too far, he's still screwed..  The muffins...  they are like NINJAS!!! 
Bwhahahaha....  don't ask how I got inspired to look for ninja muffin pics...  besides just that Fa'lina seems to like muffins...

(I take NO credit for the pic, it's all this guy: http://katwylder.deviantart.com/)

kaskar

8) When do the itty bitty Aniz pieces start flying again ???
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Kuari on April 08, 2008, 12:36:00 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 07, 2008, 07:44:59 PMI would even go as far as to say that he will be quite safe as long as he is near Fa'Lina.

I think Aniz is starting to think that now too, thus why he's getting cocky...  though I'm sure if he pushes Fa'lina too far, he's still screwed..

I doubt that Aniz would be able to say or do something that will push Fa'Lina too far. She is several thousands of years old. She must have more than enough self-control not to randomly kill annoying jerks. So don't be in such a hurry to release the muffins of war - there isn't going to be any work for them any time soon.

Quote from: kaskar on April 08, 2008, 02:06:57 AM
      8) When do the itty bitty Aniz pieces start flying again ???

No sooner than he is through with those plans, whatever they are. When he is through, you may tear him apart for all I care. :3

Aurawyn

Quote from: Alondro on April 07, 2008, 10:11:15 AM
*Charles has suspicions... not that Edward = Aniz, but something just a wee bit different that is made possible if Aniz has other children later, and one doesn't end up a Cubi...*

Remember, we've got 400 years to work with!   ;)

OooOooh.. I hadn't thought about that.... not a bad idea...

Aurawyn

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 07, 2008, 12:33:25 PMIt could be that Aniz did have other children at one point, but something happened to them, and now he's trying to recreate them. Or possibly the other members of his clan. We still don't know what, in particular, reduced Abel's clan to such a derelict state.

You know.. I don't recall if I read it or not.. but was the Derelict state of Abel's Clan a "Current" thing.. or something that was going on even 400 years in the past?