03/30/08 [Hybrids #1] - Five halves make one character?

Started by Jadian, March 30, 2008, 08:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibneko

Quote from: Timothy on March 31, 2008, 05:19:55 AM
Wait ... Fluffy has a tail ?  :erk
I never noticed and always thought "it" was just a ball of ... well .. fluff.

Oh, good, so it wasn't just me~

[v. silly] T.T  The cute fuzzy thingie hates meeeeee~ [/v. silly / useless comment courtesy of procrastination 1.1.3... ]

rt

That's one angry fluffy.
Hmm I wonder what happens when you cross a fluffy with a ...
*stops before fluffy claws through the internet and comes after me*

Alondro

*Charline decides she'd like to 'hybridize' with someone!*  Who'd like ta volunteer?   >:]

*Charles and Alondro hide under a rock where they cannot be seen, vanishing without a trace...*    :mowninja
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on March 31, 2008, 08:34:42 AM
*Charline decides she'd like to 'hybridize' with someone!*  Who'd like ta volunteer?   >:]

You scare me... yet you tempt me, all at the same time. Naughty Charline... Very naughty...

Brunhidden

Quote from: Aurawyn on March 30, 2008, 08:00:13 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on March 30, 2008, 09:55:22 AM
hopefully this arc will forever end the whole 'how is dan a cubi and not a half cubi? what about alexi? is wildy half demon? if dan and matilda got it on what kind of freakbabies would pop out?' fiasco of pondering

I thought most all of those Were answered...

Q. How is dan a cubi and not a half cubi?
Because There aare no half Cubi, you either are or are not..

What about alexi?
They don't have the same Biological Mom, Alexi's mom was an Amazon.

Is wildy half demon?
I thought wildy was supposed to be a were...  >:3

If dan and matilda got it on what kind of freakbabies would pop out?
Cubi Mythos.. I think... I recall reading that is possible..

i had said that mostly to stop the incessant questioning that pops up- seriously, sinse ive been here ive seen at least seven people ask about alexi, and the whole half cubi thing was painful to listen to from the start.

however i now wonder- a cubi that looks like matilda? that would look kinda freaky with the wings, and if they have multiple children and not all of them are cubi, would those who are think they're better then the others or some typical sibling rivalry stuff like that?

and suddenly i realise there will never be an end to the questions, we can only try to kill the stupidest questions before they too breed
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Pagan

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 31, 2008, 09:10:40 AM

You scare me... yet you tempt me, all at the same time. Naughty Charline... Very naughty...

No Ren! Stay away before you hurt yourself. A real man is needed in this situation.
... At the same time, Charline is kinda scary.... you first.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Pagan on March 31, 2008, 10:36:07 AM
No Ren! Stay away before you hurt yourself. A real man is needed in this situation.
... At the same time, Charline is kinda scary.... you first.

*in Optimus Prime's voice* Stay away, lad! This is my... um... fight..
(I remember that it was not Prime's line, but whatever.)

e_voyager

Quote from: Alondro on March 31, 2008, 08:34:42 AM

sometimes i quest the wisdom of being a robotic entity among the forum. times like this i question it still.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: e_voyager on March 31, 2008, 11:33:23 AM
sometimes i quest the wisdom of being a robotic entity among the forum. times like this i question it still.

Are you saying that you are lucky to be a robot... or that you are very unlucky to be one?

Aurawyn

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 31, 2008, 09:55:23 AM
however i now wonder- a cubi that looks like matilda? that would look kinda freaky with the wings, and if they have multiple children and not all of them are cubi, would those who are think they're better then the others or some typical sibling rivalry stuff like that?

oh oh.. good question...

(( Pointless speculation follows.. feel free to skip it! ))

I think a Cubi that looks like matilda with wings would look awsome!

I don't think so tho.. because as seen in able's story, the fact that a child is a cubi doesn't show until much later.. so.. its possible for all the offspring to have a fairly normal childhood together... I think its also possible for them to get wings out of the deal wiouth the cubi part.. but that im not 100% sure about..

Also.. i think it would depend on if the Cubi parent had the same kinda attitude about cubi as Aary has.. but then.. if they had that much Cubi pride.. would they be marrying someone who wasn't a cubi??

Mmm....  This is why I should give this comic addicion.. soo many storys to speculate about.. i think my brain is going to pop!  :U

e_voyager

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 31, 2008, 11:41:05 AM
Are you saying that you are lucky to be a robot... or that you are very unlucky to be one?
if you can't answer that question how do you expect me to? on the plus side i was not always robotic.  i think the yahoo group downward spiral where i obtained my robotizer  belt
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on March 31, 2008, 11:53:17 AM
if you can't answer that question how do you expect me to?
I think he meant that he didn't quite understand what you were saying...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Valynth

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 31, 2008, 10:47:10 AM
(I remember that it was not Prime's line, but whatever.)

Indeed, it wasn't Prime it was Kup's line,

Hot Rod:  "I've got to help Prime!"
Kup:  "Stay Back lad, that's Prime's fight!"
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Valynth on March 31, 2008, 12:45:18 PM
Indeed, it wasn't Prime it was Kup's line,

Hot Rod:  "I've got to help Prime!"
Kup:  "Stay Back lad, that's Prime's fight!"

That is exactly why I said that I remembered it was not Prime's line. :3

Pagan

It's sound like you might still be a bit hesitant.
Wanna flip a coin to see who goes first?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Pagan on March 31, 2008, 01:20:10 PM

It's sound like you might still be a bit hesitant.
Wanna flip a coin to see who goes first?

I only hesitated about the word "fight". Then again, we might as well flip a coin. Everyone should have a chance. But do you think that you are ready for such risk? Doooo youuuuu???

Pagan

Yes. I can handle it. I'm only risking great physical and mental pain, my life, the further existence of my soul, right? And the prize? ... Well, surely there's a great prize beyond the trials. Yeah, it's worth it.

I'm ready, but are you, Ren?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Pagan on March 31, 2008, 01:37:25 PM
I'm ready, but are you, Ren?

I have just realized that if I dare do that, I'll be risking to invoke the anger of not one but two goddesses, one of which is me girlfriend, who can get really jealous. However, ultimately I am risking exactly the same you do: pain, suffering, death and total obliteration.

I am so going to do that!!! What's the life without the thrill? I am not going to live forever, anyway!!! >:D

Alondro

*Charline smirks*  Now now, no need to fight over me.  It's not like either one of you will survive the first time anyway.   :kruger

But I'll like, totally make it worth it! 

It's to die for!   :kruger

*prepares for some real soul food*   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

techmaster-glitch

sometimes i quest the wisdom of being a robotic entity among the forum.
Well, remember you aren't the only one. I'm fine with it.

Stig Hemmer

Hmm... robots.  How about a half-robot, half-mow?
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

llearch n'n'daCorna

How about not.

Your avatar is not yourself, people. Do try to keep the two separate, lest we be forced to intervene.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

*is under the general impression that hybrids of too many sorts tend to be part and parcel to horribly written fanfics, terribly made characters, or just the product of idiot players.*

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 31, 2008, 08:23:26 PM
How about not.

Your avatar is not yourself, people. Do try to keep the two separate, lest we be forced to intervene.

Awwww, and here I thought I was a non-existant...

Quote from: Turnsky on April 01, 2008, 12:11:16 AM
*is under the general impression that hybrids of too many sorts tend to be part and parcel to horribly written fanfics, terribly made characters, or just the product of idiot players.*

You can pretty much insert anything in place of "hybrid" as still be right.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

e_voyager

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 31, 2008, 03:03:56 PM
sometimes i quest the wisdom of being a robotic entity among the forum.
Well, remember you aren't the only one. I'm fine with it.
maybe not. say do you want plans for my robotiser belt? it makes flesh creatures robotic and robotic creatures fleshy if done correctly.
Quote from: Stig Hemmer on March 31, 2008, 08:07:29 PM
Hmm... robots.  How about a half-robot, half-mow?
Uhm no. mow eats robot parts also  magic / high end tech seem to interfere with each other. like magic and high magnetic field cancel each other out to a long effect.
How about not.

aww why you destroy us with common sense?

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: e_voyager on April 01, 2008, 02:32:17 AM
How about not.

Yea! Bad Llearch!

My theory on why mary-sue hybrid chars are so powerful is because of all the halfs; you take 5 halfs of anything, and your going to end up with 2.5 times it. So, I should think that a char that has 5 halfs in it should be 2.5x as strong as a normal char!
<_< What? It seems perfectly logical to me.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: e_voyager on April 01, 2008, 02:32:17 AM
How about not.

Who said anything about common sense? I'm laying down the law.

Don't make me get the boots out. You won't like me when I'm wearing. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Wow, all these posts and not one from Amber. Fluffy must have found that tranquilizer gun I asked her about. :gun1
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Eibborn

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 01, 2008, 11:17:41 AM

Who said anything about common sense? I'm laying down the law.

Don't make me get the boots out. You won't like me when I'm wearing. ;-]

Quoteo/` ~These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do
one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you. o/`
/kicks the internet over

Kuari

Quote from: Alondro on March 31, 2008, 02:58:44 PM
*Charline smirks*  Now now, no need to fight over me.  It's not like either one of you will survive the first time anyway.   :kruger

But I'll like, totally make it worth it! 

It's to die for!   :kruger

*prepares for some real soul food*   >:3

*tosses Charline a couple souls that have been tortured for years by "The Song that Never Ends"*

Here, here are my torture victims, now leave us alone!!!

*cough* anyways...  main thing I'm curious about is a were/cubi combo...  just for the sake of pure curiousity...