3-24-08 (the non-existant comic!)

Started by Alondro, March 24, 2008, 04:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

It wasn't a flamethrower. I was saving that willie-pete for November.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

On the other hand, a flamethrower keeps a person warm for the rest of his life. (from Blue Crash Kit, and probably several other sources)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Brunhidden

the original was a parody on "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish and you feed him the rest of his life" wherein the substitution was "give a man fire you keep him warm for a day, set a man on fire you keep him warm for the rest of his life"

no, i have absolutely no clue who first did that, but i do know a different joke started on 'grumpy old men' where someone was kicked out of his house and pleaded out of pity for his friend to let him in cause it was cold "heres some matches, go light yourself on fire"
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

thegayhare

Quote from: ShadesFox on March 24, 2008, 07:50:22 PM
*nods sagely*
Perhaps it is time for a religious conversion?  The Flying Spaghetti monster is a favorite.  Though I prefer my home grown favorites, The Cult of the Great Mole, The Church of the Great Holy Potato in the Sky, or The Cult of the Floating Shrub.  The Cult of the Great Mole is my personal favorite.

My personal favorite diety is Anoia The Goddess of Things That Get Stuck in Drawers

ConfusedNewbie

Quote from: Naldru on March 25, 2008, 05:02:51 PM
On the other hand, a flamethrower keeps a person warm for the rest of his life. (from Blue Crash Kit, and probably several other sources)

Build a man a fire, he's warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

Brunhidden

wow, i knew people ignored me but thats just stunning

Quote from: thegayhare on March 25, 2008, 09:32:06 PM
My personal favorite diety is Anoia The Goddess of Things That Get Stuck in Drawers
so long as your not a follower of nuggan, god of paper clips. i hear they have a crusade going on against each other

Ill stick with herne the hunted, god of pathetic things destined to die in a wet crunch
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 26, 2008, 06:16:36 AM

I don't think that one was ignoring you. I think that one was "I'm an idiot and want to prove it"... ;-]

Jadian

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 25, 2008, 03:40:49 PM
It wasn't a flamethrower. I was saving that willie-pete for November.
Not sure I'm remembering the date correctly, but "Remember, remember, the Fifth of November"?

...I'm quite lame, I only learned that from watching V for Vendetta   :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. gunpowder, treason, and plot. I see no reason that gunpowder season should ever be forgot.

Yes, the usual suspects play with fireworks on the 5th November.

zopey

*peeks in* oh yay randomness :P *throes asparagus and chocolate buttons in the air*

Joe3210

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 26, 2008, 06:16:36 AM

He is a Confused Newbie.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl