Metroid Prime 3

Started by Rakala, March 25, 2008, 10:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

I just recently purchased Metroid Prime 3 and quickly beat it and I was mostly satisfied. The one major bad thing I can say is that you need to have friends online in order to purchase some of the more major unlockables and some of the silly useless ones that don't do much for gameplay, but are fun none the less. Also some of the bosses have ridiculous attacks that the creators assume people can dodge with the difficult to pull off way to dodge. All around I'm satisfied though. What is everybody else's opinion?

Ryudo Lee

I was quite satisfied with it, especially since we get some closure about the phazon.  I got it when it first launched and played the heck out of it... and in doing so learned just how long the batteries last in this thing.

I have the same complaint though, you have to trade all those friend vouchers before you can get all the bonus stuff.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Kenji

Yeah, it was a great game. I do wish there was a co-op mode, what with the other hunters and all.

As far as the unlockables go, I got lucky and had about... 7 friends with the game, so I got some friend tokens coming in from all angles. Only downside is... I didn't have many to send back. : /
Ah well.. I guess someday at some point I can start a new data to get the last few event tokens I need and just send the friend vouchers over to someone.

But I know a couple people on here have MP3, maybe they'll share codes to get the vouchers for ya and them.

Rakala

If anybody wants to trade friend vouchers I have 19 available and for what I want I only need about 4 in return. Although more would be appreciated. I will only give as many as I get in return.

pyrohamster

what are the friend vouchers?

Kenji

Quote from: pyrohamster on March 27, 2008, 08:12:38 PM
what are the friend vouchers?

As you play through Prime 3, you perform certain events. These can be anywhere from killing specific enemies, defeating bosses, or doing something such as getting away unscathed in an event.

You pass these vouchers onto friends, as they have no use to you, and the friend converts them to green tokens. Green tokens being the hardest to obtain type of token when it comes to purchasing hidden items.

Rakala

There are some pretty cool friend voucher awards too, like "Bowling for Bots" where you kill robots by charging into them while in morph ball, or the one where you kill a specific enemy by freezing them and their boomerang comes back and shatters them.

Ryudo Lee

My favorite is "Crash Landing" -  Burn away an Aerotrooper's armor with the plasma beam.  When you see the grapple symbol, use the lasso to tear away the trooper's jet pack.  You gotta be quick though, as you only have a second or two.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!