03/12/08 [DMFA #885] - Hallelujah!

Started by AndersW, March 11, 2008, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo-shadow

Quote from: Volfram on March 13, 2008, 11:25:27 AM
Right, then, let me rephrase.

Y'all seem to have an unhealthy obsession with lizard boobies.  Her hair covers more than her top did in the first place.

Pretty, yes, but that's par for the course here.

Talonr

On a completely different note, I don't think Shanna's necklace is ever coming back again. :<

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Talonr on March 13, 2008, 01:15:45 PM
On a completely different note, I don't think Shanna's necklace is ever coming back again. :<

We won't miss it, just like we don't miss her top. :3

Eibborn

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 13, 2008, 12:13:50 PM
You are correct. But all the chars have been anthropomorphisized, thus acquiring humanlike anatomy. But the reptiles are still not supposed to have boobies! *ker-nerd: part two* :B
You are correct. But all the chars have been anthropomorphisized, thus acquiring humanlike anatomy.

thus acquiring humanlike anatomy.

thus acquiring humanlike anatomy.

Just pretend the last two lines were increasing in size, seeing as it's not an option with this forum. ;)
(It occurs to me that this post could be taken as overtly offensive. It is just intended to point out the flaw in the logic, and I thought it was funnier this way.)
/kicks the internet over

Ren Gaulen

It was meant to be confusing and logically flawed so people would make fun of it. My job here is done. Knight vanish! *vanishes with loud metallic noises*

jo-shadow

I just realized something when I went looking back through the archives some.
Early on, dan repeatedly makes it clear that he wants to be hooked up with "cute canine friends"
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_281.php, http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_294.php

Now, I may be going out on a bit of a quite a huge limb here, and we haven't even established if the canine-ish girl is really canine, or hyena, or what, (not to mention this seems to always be connected to arya, and was more of a running joke because of dan's only hearing what he wanted to hear) But heck, slight chance there might be a bit more of a relationship between the two? They did seem awefully cute together.

Buuut then again the bunny-ish girl hugged his wings, and the lizard girl... well obviously dan likes her too, so no idea... just freeform though.

Tapewolf

Quote from: jo-shadow on March 13, 2008, 01:32:56 PM
Early on, dan repeatedly makes it clear that he wants to be hooked up with "cute canine friends"
Now, I may be going out on a bit of a quite a huge limb here, and we haven't even established if the canine-ish girl is really canine, or hyena, or what, (not to mention this seems to always be connected to arya, and was more of a running joke because of dan's only hearing what he wanted to hear) But heck, slight chance there might be a bit more of a relationship between the two? They did seem awefully cute together.

A year or so ago, Amber published some old archival sketches from '99-2000 or so.  IIRC, she said that the succubus who introduced the 'Cubi concept was originally going to be a canine, before she cameoed Aary for the role.  His insistence on canines was left in as a homage to that, or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

jo-shadow

MT Hazard

There is a huge amount that can (and probably has been) written about why people can find fictions characters attractive but it boils down to three things

1. Humans are 'programmed' to see patterns, even where there are none, because of this a curved line and two dots can be seen as a face, and human bodies can be represented easily

2.Due to the amount of our brains that is dedicatedly to sexual reproduction (more in men) and the fact that fictions females can be 'perfect' ideals (a line drawing has no imperfections unless there added) means that we can be attracted to things we know aren't real.

3. People can (and will) shag inanimate objects and non-human animals surprising often with no regard to weather the find them attractive or not.

Yep, people are a messed up bunch but these kind of fantasies are harmless if kept in your head or between consenting adults....

There's more that can be said but I won't add it unless asked.

Edit:Grammar repaired 
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 13, 2008, 12:13:50 PMYou are correct. But all the chars have been anthropomorphisized, thus acquiring humanlike anatomy. But the reptiles are still not supposed to have boobies! *ker-nerd: part two* :B

Wait, I think the boobies were just approved by Optimus Prime. Alright, it's fine then! :3
I see what you mean. And I think Amber mentioned once that in matilda's case, the breasts store flammable liquids, and some other artists assume it's a stock of fat. It's likely that the reptiles on furrae follows this line as well

(I can't see the link -.- )
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Amber Williams

You are correct. But all the chars have been anthropomorphisized, thus acquiring humanlike anatomy. But the reptiles are still not supposed to have boobies! *ker-nerd: part two* :B

That would make no sense. In theory reptiles shouldnt have normal two legged walking, hair, humanesque reproduction, or the proper vocal chords to emulate human speech.   There is no logic to it being ok to anthromorphize one part of human quality to a reptile character but others are just "too unrealistic"  Its a 5'7" walking talking reptile with blue hair.

When it comes to anthromorphizing, I tend to lean heavily towards more humanesque than animal. Which means save for certain types, the girls have the bewbs, the blood tends to be warm, and the wangs are not freaking animal-wacky.  Not that it matters what wangs are wanging since thats never gonna get featured in this comic, but I am anal retentive enough to cover as many aspects of things as I can...even the naughty bit ones.  Its just how I roll. :U 

llearch n'n'daCorna

eeek! No rolling anyone's wangs!

... or at least wait until I get out of reach. Sheesh...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 13, 2008, 04:39:20 PM

That would make no sense. In theory reptiles shouldnt have normal two legged walking, hair, humanesque reproduction, or the proper vocal chords to emulate human speech.   There is no logic to it being ok to anthromorphize one part of human quality to a reptile character but others are just "too unrealistic"  Its a 5'7" walking talking reptile with blue hair.

Actually I just said that for fun. After all, I could not miss an opportunity to act like some nerd that I am not and poke fun at the discussion concerning "lizard boobies" that was going on at that time. I even put up a *nerd* warning at the end of my post so everyone could see that I was not being serious about that.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 13, 2008, 04:42:52 PM
eeek! No rolling anyone's wangs!

... or at least wait until I get out of reach. Sheesh...

...Jesus Christ, llearch!.. :erk

Amber Williams

I will roll whatever the heck I want to roll Box! :U

NOTHING CAN STOP ME!  :mwaha

Rafe

Aww, c'mon - lizards can and do have boobs.  Look at Grendel's mother from Beowulf here:

Too bad you can't see her talons and prehensile tail in this image.  If Niel Gaiman can give a lizard boobs, then that settles it.  Maybe next time he could add nipples.
Rafe

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Rafe on March 13, 2008, 05:56:59 PM
Aww, c'mon - lizards can and do have boobs.  Look at Grendel's mother from Beowulf here:

Too bad you can't see her talons and prehensile tail in this image.  If Niel Gaiman can give a lizard boobs, then that settles it.  Maybe next time he could add nipples.

Those are the most disturbing tits I've ever seen.

Shiny, floppy milk-bags do not look good.  :<

Gabi

...And here I was thinking this section of the forum was PG-13. :mowwink

But the conversation between Amber and llearch made me laugh a lot.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on March 13, 2008, 06:02:36 PM
...And here I was thinking this section of the forum was PG-13. :mowwink
What's really disturbing is it's in a thread named 'Hallelujah!'.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rafe

Well, the movie was PG-13, so I assume the image was.  And I'll leave judgement calls to everyone else.  After all, she's a demon water-lizard thing from ninth-century Denmark.  There's bound to be some creepyness there.  Just be thankful I didn't post naked animated Anthony Hopkins as King Hrothgar.
Rafe

MT Hazard

Good to see that my post on the human condition didn't stop people talking about reptile boobs.  :mowwink

Unrelated Note: Anyone think red italics are a suitable way to display written sarcasm on forums?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 13, 2008, 07:27:47 PM
Good to see that my post on the human condition didn't stop people talking about reptile boobs.  :mowwink

Nothing can make people stop talking about reptile boobs. NOTHING!

Not anymore, at least..

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 13, 2008, 07:27:47 PM
Unrelated Note: Anyone think red italics are a suitable way to display written sarcasm on forums?

A mow is fine too. :mowwink

thegayhare

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: thegayhare on March 13, 2008, 07:44:41 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 13, 2008, 07:36:20 PM
A mow is fine too. :mowwink

and the reach of the Chairman grows

Venerate the immortal Chairman!

Wait, that does not sound right...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 13, 2008, 05:05:41 PM

Oh, I'm sure. I was just asking for a little space.

After all, you don't want me to enjoy it too much, do you? ;-]

Fuyudenki

Well for what it's worth, I'm happier with the current topic.  Now it's just talking about boobs in general, instead of obsessing over a character who sacrificed her cleavage-coverings* and is now more covered with her own hair**.

I'm picky when it comes to boobs.  They should be just right-sized, not too big, not too small, but most definitely, should be the right scale for the girl attached.

*not that they covered her cleavage, per-se, but you know.

**I thought the general rule of thumb was that when a lizard has hair, you should throw it out.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 13, 2008, 09:00:34 PM

:erk

Amber Williams

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 13, 2008, 09:00:34 PM

True true...the happiness of the people on the forum is the bane of my existance afterall.  :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

hey, aren't you supposed to be working, anyway?

Fuyudenki

Pfft.  I'd rather see Amber this happy than have a Friday update, if I had to choose.

Though if I had to choose, I'd rather see happy Amber give us a Friday update.  And maybe a bonus comic on Saturday.  NEVER COMPRIMISE! :woot (we really need a fist-shakey emote.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

... ok, ok. I guess you're right. Happy Amber beats Grumpy Amber and No Update. ;-]

Amber Williams

I'm testing out a new mouse/keyboard. When I returned, I found my old ones were pretty much...blarargh'd.  So I had to go out and get some new ones. Their both cordless and I am still not used to them. Colouring is very wierd...so odds are this is gonna be a late night update (I'm estimating 4-5AM).

...granted the sleeping 16 hours and waking up at 5PM may have something to do with this decision as weeeeeeell...*cough*