03/10/08 [DMFA #884] A Fluffy Mystery

Started by Timothy, March 10, 2008, 04:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 10, 2008, 12:36:12 PM
Arrancar? Nah, she is obviously a revenant. Or, maybe, she has a nether symbiont - but then she would have been able to simply drain the energy of the magical barrier. So, I think she is some sort of undead, but not the kind you're talking about.
Actually, the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw her was 'Dead Inside'.  Too much Last Resort, I guess  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

PurpleCheeseLlama

I adore the bunny <3 especially in the last panel XD

Aleolus

Heh, good thing he doesn't acknowledge that he's got Cubi blood, otherwise she might be a bit more trepidous about being so close to him and embracing his wing so closely

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on March 10, 2008, 01:24:29 PM
Heh, good thing he doesn't acknowledge that he's got Cubi blood, otherwise she might be a bit more trepidous about being so close to him and embracing his wing so closely
He doesn't know that yet  >:3

Aleolus

...I thought he always knew his mother was a 'Cubi, he was just in denial about him being one?  That would mean he would know about his having Cubi blood, just not being a cubi.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on March 10, 2008, 01:34:38 PM
...I thought he always knew his mother was a 'Cubi, he was just in denial about him being one?  That would mean he would know about his having Cubi blood, just not being a cubi.
Ah, got you.  Some people - me included - had a problem where they/we forgot this was a flashback.

Of course, he might still not know he has 'Cubi blood.  We don't know when Dee left, after all.  It's always possible that #388 marked the point where he discovered that his mother was a succubus...

SpottedKitty

Hmm... I see that even cool and aloof magical bunnies aren't immune to Dan's fluffy charms...

(And yes, I realise just how bad that sounds out of context...   :rolleyes  ;) )
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Aleolus

...That sounded bad even in context, kitty!  But that
s ok!

Aisha deCabre

I have to say, I also went "aw!" when I saw this comic.  xD  Seems the rabbit doesn't always have as dignified a composure.  She fascinates me too, especially with the eyes and the teeny pupils.  I assumed at first that she was blind, or may just see in a different spectrum.

I've also been waiting for an "angel" comment to pop up about Dan's wings.  This leads me to wonder though...if one's heritage route will be 'Cubi, they seem to be born with wings...demon wings don't usually come until later...I don't recall seeing whether or not angels are in fact born with their wings or that they are instead more similar to the demon aspect.

Regardless, the characters are getting interesting.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Akisohida

I could be wrong but either Dan did not know his mother was a Succubus or he thought he was not. He DID once say he thought the only thing he got from his mother was his back-wings. That leads me to believe he knew but thought he took after his father much more.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Akisohida on March 10, 2008, 03:11:44 PM
I could be wrong but either Dan did not know his mother was a Succubus or he thought he was not. He DID once say he thought the only thing he got from his mother was his back-wings. That leads me to believe he knew but thought he took after his father much more.

For some reason your words made me think what could have been if Daniel took more after his mother.

*thinks for a while*

Evil Daniel is sure scary... :paranoid

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2008, 12:40:29 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 10, 2008, 12:36:12 PM
Arrancar? Nah, she is obviously a revenant. Or, maybe, she has a nether symbiont - but then she would have been able to simply drain the energy of the magical barrier. So, I think she is some sort of undead, but not the kind you're talking about.
Actually, the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw her was 'Dead Inside'.  Too much Last Resort, I guess  :3

*Alondro notes*  Actually, the creepy eyes are characteristic of a Vizard.  The Arrancar don't have a common eye form.

*Charles ultra-fails*   :C
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 10, 2008, 02:49:26 PM
I've also been waiting for an "angel" comment to pop up about Dan's wings.

(Whistles "What Did Daniel Think He Was?")

QuoteThis leads me to wonder though...if one's heritage route will be 'Cubi, they seem to be born with wings...demon wings don't usually come until later...I don't recall seeing whether or not angels are in fact born with their wings or that they are instead more similar to the demon aspect.
A good question.  It would be interesting to know the answer to that.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 10, 2008, 03:36:37 PM
For some reason your words made me think what could have been if Daniel took more after his mother.
Evil Daniel is sure scary... :paranoid
Indeed.  I've often thought that Dan gone evil would be quite an interesting sight, which is one reason I went into raptures of delight over strip 615 before I realised he was actually being imprisoned.

Anyway, for evil Dan, there's this strip:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_Fools003.php

And this, although the original no longer seems to exist:
http://dmfa-fanclub.deviantart.com/art/Evil-Dan-darkgreen-21320593

**EDIT**
You know what's really interesting?  We may get to find out if there really is a Dark God.

Naldru

Actually, seeing this made me think of Mr Whipple saying "Please don't squeeze the Charmin".
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2008, 05:02:40 PM
You know what's really interesting?  We may get to find out if there really is a Dark God.

"And if there really is a Dark God, it will be necessary to abolish him!"

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Jadian on March 10, 2008, 05:37:53 AM
Seems as if one of them already wants to sleep with him   :)  Though she may just want to cuddle with his wings...

More like sleep ON him, at this rate XD comfy wings are comfy!

Darkdragon

I'll also stand over... there and join the "Aww, that's fairly cute" crowd...

Joe3210

Oddly enough I want to cuddle them both.  Both the bunny's extremely cute ears and Dan's wings bring me comfort and joy. :3

This strip almost made me cuddle myself while mummbling something about fluffyness.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Sodapop

I have a question.
Why is Dan just sitting there? :erk
He has a girl allover him and he's not on her.
Did he get hit in the head too hard.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Sodapop on March 10, 2008, 09:33:48 PM
I have a question.
Why is Dan just sitting there? :erk
He has a girl allover him and he’s not on her.
Did he get hit in the head to hard.

Don't like to be a spoilsport, but it's not the time or the place for something like that. Also, Dannie probably was too shy to actually try direct approach back then, anyway. :P

Sodapop

Your right.
I just got carried away.  :P
First get free then hit on girls. ;)

Gamma

Damn it Amber, you make me hate you for your talent for creating incredible amounts of cute! :mowmeep

First Mab, then Wildy, Mows, Pip, Abel (i'm like an arrow but have a soft spot for any feline with a fluffy tail), and our new black eyed bunny.

Of course I really do want you to continue with that sort of thing, 1/3 the reason I love this comic. :kittencute
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Kayriel

Damn she's shexy. ._. And so huggable!
<3 Abel

GabrielsThoughts

If Dan didn't know he was a Cubi, and he had a nice fluffy set of angel wings, what the heck did he think he was ... a meowth?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zorro

Quote from: Kirishala on March 10, 2008, 04:46:52 AM
Looks like the bunny shares my liking of Dan's fluffily sexy wings, though I am happy enough to share so long as she doesn't mind an insane foxie chewing on her ears while she snuggles up to them  :mowwink

What makes you so sure she is a bunny?  Looks more like a Fennec Fox to me.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 11, 2008, 01:06:39 AM
If Dan didn't know he was a Cubi, and he had a nice fluffy set of angel wings, what the heck did he think he was ... a meowth?
Phoenix (B) and Griffins also have feathered wings - how much crossbreeding you can have with regular Beings is difficult to say.

Also the guy in 263 looks like a feathered demon.  Mind you 'You are of Demon blood?' isn't much of an improvement...

Kuari

The bunny seems simply to be a dark arts magic user, nothing more...  at least, that's my thoughts on the matter.  I mean, you don't have to be evil to use dark magic :p

Edit: That or a young, currently wingless, demon....  considering her eyes are very similar to Dark Pegasus's

Alondro

Dan:  What Inuyasha would be were he a cat.

Danuyasha!

:3

PS:  The eyes!

See?  The bunny's a Vizard.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on March 11, 2008, 08:42:45 AM
Dan:  What Inuyasha would be were he a cat.

Danuyasha!

:3

PS:  The eyes!

See?  The bunny's a Vizard.   :P

Danuyasha and Aberomaru (not Abelomaru, since there is no "L" in Japanese)... Heh, Abel fits for that role (aside from the fact that he has a "bllod-o-phobia")!.

As for the bunny being a Vizard... I have not watched "Bleach" (or read the manga), so I don't know for sure, but are not all of those Shinigami and Hollows basically some sort of spirits? I still think that the bunny is a revenant.