Random Hugs The Third

Started by xHaZxMaTx, February 25, 2008, 03:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liatai

Today's random-hug recipient is Corgatha Taldorthar!

insidexml

KarmikCykle gets a hug today.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Liatai

Today, Jairus gets a hug from me.

insidexml

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats gets a hug today.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

techmaster-glitch

Missed a hug, two hug recipients today are... SquirrelWizard and Vanvidum!

Liatai

stardf29 gets a hug today.

insidexml

-Baroquemonger

techmaster-glitch

Today's hug goes to... Garsemor!

Liatai

Demont got a hug today from me.

insidexml

Scrap Fish gets a hug today.

-Baroquemonger

techmaster-glitch

Today's random hug goes to... stormknighthec !

Liatai

I'm giving out two hugs today! Why? Just because I can. :mowtongue

1. D R Dracowolf
2. TypoNinja

techmaster-glitch

Today's random hug goes to... Psaakyrn!

TypoNinja

Quote from: Liatai on March 15, 2010, 08:04:12 AM
I'm giving out two hugs today! Why? Just because I can. :mowtongue

1. D R Dracowolf
2. TypoNinja

You hugged a Ninja! That's some serious stealth hugging skills you got there :D

insidexml

Joe3210 gets a hug today.

-Baroquemonger

Liatai

Zaejue gets a hug from me today.

insidexml

-Baroquemonger

techmaster-glitch

Today's random hug goes to... Xanidel! (a new account)

EDIT: Okay, something -really- funky is going on here. I cannot seem to sen Xanidel a message, because when I do, the system returns an error that it cannot find the the member. But it's not because the member doesn't exist, for some reason, after attemtping to send the message and getting the error, it decapitalizes the "X", and says it can't find "xanidel", not "Xanidel" (including actually decapitalizing the name in the "send to" field). I'm not sure what to do :/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 16, 2010, 09:59:34 PM
Today's random hug goes to... Xanidel! (a new account)

EDIT: Okay, something -really- funky is going on here. I cannot seem to sen Xanidel a message, because when I do, the system returns an error that it cannot find the the member. But it's not because the member doesn't exist, for some reason, after attemtping to send the message and getting the error, it decapitalizes the "X", and says it can't find "xanidel", not "Xanidel" (including actually decapitalizing the name in the "send to" field). I'm not sure what to do :/

User has changed email addresses, and not yet activated his account (which suggests either he got it wrong, or is a bot, given what it changed to) so you can't access that account, although it does exist.

The random huggler looks for "does it exist", not "is it active", since the former is a simple check and the latter requires knowing the entire list of options providable by the SMF code. I don't feel like digging into the code, but I'll make a note to look into it some other time.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Actually, intead of modifying the random hugger, I think changing the error message would be better (if it is possible). It kept saying 'could not find member", not "member is inactive" or something like that.

In any case, re-hugging. The hug really goes to... Nyomi!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Er... yeah.

The random hugger is, like, 50 lines of code in one file.

SMF is, like, several tens of thousands, spread amongst hundreds (literally) of files.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Liatai

Today is Saint Patrick's Day, so I'm going to rely on a little bit of luck to determine how many hugs I should give out today. c: I have a four-sided die (that happens to be green) here. Whatever number I roll will be how many hugs I give out.

Here we go! *shake shake shake... roll...* Three!

1. nicoreon the tyrannical
2. Torano
3. senrath

Sunblink

Are you guys hiring? I'd like to try my hand at distributing Random Hugs. You do a service for us all. :)

nicoreon the tyrannical

thank you, for the hug.   :bunny

Scrap Fish

Thanks for the hug!
Delay time between sending and recieving: three days. Good thing hugs have a long shelf life.   :)

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

insidexml

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 17, 2010, 01:49:56 PM
Are you guys hiring? I'd like to try my hand at distributing Random Hugs. You do a service for us all. :)

:3 If you want to do it, then I'm not stopping you. Then again, could I stop you even if I wanted to?

stardf29 gets a hug today.

-Baroquemonger

Liatai

Turnsky got hugged by me today.

Sunblink

Woo, my first day on the job. c:

If I'm using the randomizer thing right, then my first Random Hug goes to Stupid N00bie. :tighthug

This is fun.

techmaster-glitch

Glad to have you onboard, Keaton! :mowhappy

I missed a hug yesterday, so two huges today go out to... Dannysaysnoo and Fresnor!

insidexml

Cogidubnus gets a hug today.

-Baroquemonger