Where to find a cheap scanner

Started by jeffh4, February 23, 2008, 12:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh4

Try your local Goodwill, ARK, etc.  It will be old, but it will be cheap, and if it powers on, it will probably work. If your bro has a laptop, you might even be able to test it.

Good luck!

Damaris

(Damaris)

We don't want a cheap scanner, to be frank.  Like it said in the rant, we actually do graphic design, and we will (in the near future) need a scanner in order to fulfill actual work orders.  Purchasing a cheap, stopgap scanner is something we are not interested in doing, as then we will have to actually figure out a way to dispose of yet another scanner when it comes to the end of what remaining time it has left.  We would prefer to invest in something that will work for another five good years, and older scanner technology is not one of those things, as we have found from experience.  However, as we have this little thing called a mortgage payment due in the next week, we are probably not going to be able to run out and purchase one.

We also do not intend to have Amber purchase one for use while she is here.  Like she said, she has a perfectly good scanner in Canada.  It is just not here.  There is no reason for her to get another one.

Believe me, guys, we're not just sitting here going "oops!  Guess there will be no comic!"  There has actually been discussion, checking of area resources, brainstorming of friends who live nearby that might have a scanner, and several other things.  There are no digital mediums readily, and financially, available.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Damaris on February 23, 2008, 01:12:14 AM
There are no digital mediums readily, and financially, available.

How about digital smalls?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears