A couple questions, more or less dmfa related.

Started by RobbieThe1st, February 22, 2008, 03:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

Well, this first question I have been meaning to ask for a while, but never got around to it:

What is the status of the comic reconstruction project, and does anyone with some of the originals still want to scan them?
Back when the DMFA original comic-sketches were auctioned off, several people planned to scan them, and upload them for people to reconstruct better quality comics out of them.
I am one of the latter group.
Note that the reason I didn't get a set myself is that I am 16, don't have a job, and couldn't possibly have bought any. However, being 16, I do have spare time, so if anyone is willing to scan and upload their originals, I would be perfectly willing to spend lots of time working on the reconstruction project.

Next question, and somewhat related:
A few months back, I ran across an interesting topic. When Amber's hard disk failed one time(I forget which time), several people had plans to retrieve the lost data off of it, and so Amber mailed it to one person, and it ended up getting passed around a few times.
My question is: What is the status of this? Has Amber gotten her hard disk back? has anyone recovered data from it?

Note that I didn't post it in the DMFA comic forum as while it is DMFA related... I just didn't think it would be appropriate there.
If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

Thanks,

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Tapewolf

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on February 22, 2008, 03:47:14 AM
Well, this first question I have been meaning to ask for a while, but never got around to it:

What is the status of the comic reconstruction project, and does anyone with some of the originals still want to scan them?

GreenReaper has most of them, I think.  I don't know what he's doing.
I have a slight problem with mine in that they won't fit in my A4 scanner and I'd like to do a single-pass scan to make exact duplicates rather than have to make several scans and stitch them.  That means getting a cheap A3 scanner which I haven't yet done.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

**UPDATE**

In case anyone is interested, I have now augmented my 10-year old scanner with a brand new 10-year old scanner.  (That the packaging says 'Windows 98 ready!' is a slight clue that it is New Old Stock).

Anyway, the 'new' one is a Mustek A3 ScanExpress, and it works like a charm, so I am now in a position to begin scanning the DMFA strips in my possession.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RobbieThe1st

This is great news! If you don't mind, when you scan some in, could you send me a copy? I would like to try my hand at restoration.

Thanks,

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.