I would love a Castlevania related thread!

Started by Paavo, August 29, 2005, 08:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paavo

So simply I will make one. :erk

Gamespots:

DoS
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/castlevania/index.html

CoD
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/castlevaniacurseofdarkness/index.html

Soon it is the time to buy DoS...But will there be enough time to have the pink DS launched in Europe with the new, cheaper price? I guess we have to wait and see... :sigh

Darkmoon

I still will not likely buy it. I just don't do portable gaming.

Mageknight Locke

:yeahthat , ill probably just buy the game itself and hack it with my super duper laptop and get the DS emulator  , perfectly legal as i own the game  :D

Helena

Yes and DOS looks...kinda weird. I don't like portable gaming much either. I do have a game boy adv. but I rarely play it...like only when I'm going on vacation and I'm trapped in a car for like 7 hours.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Darkmoon

I bought the Game Boy Player so I wouldn't have to deal with an actual Game Boy.

Helena

game boy player? My town is so small I don't think we even have those cuz I've never heard of it.

Mageknight Locke

you mean that thing for the GC that allows you to play gba games? i managed to hook that upto my laptop with a bit of hitech bodgery, voided the warrenty though  :laugh

Darkmoon

That'd be the one. I like it, all except for the damn fact that the GC controller isn't meant for use of the DPad.

Helena

:laugh I feel stupid now...but my town is still small and to buy a GC even you would have to drive for about an hour or so to the city.

Darkmoon

I'ev seen... and lived... in towns that small.

ilpalazzo

Sisters, OR

Been there, really small, and scary.

Helena

Well my cousin has a GC maybe I can just steal hers. I'm sure she won't kill me....much.

Jorge D. Fuentes

Quote from: Darkmoon on August 29, 2005, 12:36:59 PM
I still will not likely buy it. I just don't do portable gaming.

But you have a Gameboy player.

Too bad there will never be a DS Equivalent... or Will there be?
I dreamt up an equivalent for the Gamecube/Revolution last night!

All it is, is a controller with the touch-screen, and a thing under the 'cube with the DS Card Slot(s).  Basically the same as what the Dreamcast+VMU thing was, only that's the touch-screen, while the TV is the top-screen.

The problem?  Not all games have the action on the Top Screen.  Hence the fundamental flaw in the dream peripheral.  See, DoS's action is on the touchscreen, so it's STILL gonna be teeny... unless they went and Copied the video from the Touch-Screen and relayed it to the TV.  But then, you've got two smaller screens on the Television, and a whole lot of extra space to their left and right.  What WOULD be cool is if the Revolution somehow read the gamecard data and put game stats on the right, like they do when you're selecting a Gamecube Game from the BIOS (it has the game and a tiny blurb on it).

Hey, it's just a Dream, a guy can dream, no?

Darkmoon

Yeah, they'd have to do some sort of weird peripheral for the DS. Like a little controller you buy along with the GBPlayer like adapter, wich has the controls and the lower screen built in, and the tv would be the upper screen. But that seems damn inconvenient.

Honestly, I just doubt they will ever do a GBPlayer/Super Game Boy like thing for the DS. So mostly likely I will eventually have to break down and buy one cheap just to play DoS... or I'll wait for the emulators.

Mageknight Locke

the beta for a DS emulator is already around, so the full version should be done before febraury, dont know how theyll deal with the touch screen though, probably drag the mouse all over the screen the could be a major stumbling block though

Darkmoon

Well it could work better than anything available to the GC.

Paavo

Quote from: Mageknight Locke on August 31, 2005, 01:59:24 PM
the beta for a DS emulator is already around, so the full version should be done before febraury, dont know how theyll deal with the touch screen though, probably drag the mouse all over the screen the could be a major stumbling block though

Good luck with waiting for that one!  :D

Mageknight Locke

the ds is less powerfull in al regards to a pc, so the actual workings of the emulator (minus the touch screen) are absolute childsplay to replicate, the only probelm is the touch screen if its pressure sensitive then the coding of that wont be too hard to transfer, but if it works through current disturbance you can expect it to be done around 2036 ^_^

Paavo

DoS European release date 09/20/2005. Isn`t that 2 days before US? Woah, CV in here before US, this would be the first!

Mageknight Locke

current disturbance= magnetic disturbance in a circuit, it can produce a signal that can be processed by a computer chip

Darkmoon

So there would be a constant current under the touch pad, and when someone touches it, it distrbs the current, yes?

Mageknight Locke

yup, it would translate the 'dimple' in the field into a 0 signal from a 1 signal, thereby causing the effect of the press ingame

Darkmoon

Mageknight Locke

depends wheter the screen bends and is specially treated with tiny bits of iron or copper, or its soo sensitive that it can pick up your bodys electreic field but i doubt it

Darkmoon

Mageknight Locke

probably...........i know too much technical stuff  ^_^

Mageknight Locke

i havent seen a DS so i wouldnt know wheter the screen could be triggered by anything or just the stylus