Greyhound

Started by Jakon, January 25, 2008, 01:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakon

As anyone who's used said transportation service can agree, your description of it is dead on, Missus Williams. XD

I took a Greyhound from Asheville, NC (where I was attending school at the time) to Evansville, IN (the nearest Greyhound stop to my hometown) which probably would've been a 6-8 hour drive, but took the better part of 24 hours on the buses. :B

Pagan

Whoa  :eek... And I thought MARTA had delays.

Is this an thread about Greyhound buses or Amber's rant?

by the way, for those not in the know, MARTA is Atlanta's bus and rail mass transit system.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

pyrohamster

grayhounds are also dogs that are practically worshiped by the coast.

bill

Greyhound is the most depressing form of transportation in the world.

Naldru

Unfortunately, Greyhounds are treated with a minimum of care as long as they can win and are abandoned when they stop winning.  I wouldn't call that worship.  If people cared more about what happened to them, there wouldn't be so many organizations devoted to saving them.

www.adoptgreyhounds.org
www.greyrescue.com
www.greyhoundrescue.org

A similar problem exists with horses used in harness racing.  I remember an organization that  uses rescued horses to pull small carriages in Lake George, New York for tourists.  (Lake George is near Saratoga Springs, a major harness racing track.  It is also the site of Fort William Henry, which was mentioned in the book Last of the Mohicans by James Fennimore Cooper.)  If you don't think this is a problem, look here.

And now to a lighter subject.  My submission for worst bus company has got to be Houstrans (Houston, Texas).  It has been some years, but they left an indelible impression.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

pyrohamster

well that is very true but every school there says they are the school of the greyhound, i call that worship.

Damaris

I do have to say-  The Evansville Greyhound station is awesome.  I had no idea you were so close to our old stomping grounds, Jakon.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber