01/12/08 [Abel 2 #1] - Faulty Logic

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, January 11, 2008, 07:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabs

He's looks quite sully and depressed. Which is not good.

In fact, coming into the second part of Abel's Story, I was expecting a change of pace, a little. Like perhaps a different scene entirely - not too far, time-wise, from where the first part left off, but just enough to recapture some interest.

Still, it's not like I can complain. The art is wonderful, and the arc has tons more potential. I can't wait for the rest. <3

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 12, 2008, 01:00:11 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 11, 2008, 07:37:36 PM
*damn you and your weird British date system, Llearch!  I thought this was a necro!  ~Love, Dam.

What, just because American's can't count up accurately is no reason the rest of us should suffer. ;-]

And bah. That was an evil cheap shot. Dx

Chaos

Considering the way part one ended, I think what the two parts have done is let us skip the hour or so of him being completely catatonic, and skip to him beginning to deal.

AndersW

Sad depressing theory time.

What if May kills herself?  Like before Kria shows up even.  She just lost everything and everyone she cared about; her husband was an impostor, her son is gone, Hennya is in pieces on the floor.  That information would really mess Abel up more than he already is.  Imagine, Abel spends 50 years or so "being good" so Aniz doesn't go kill her, and you find out that she was dead before you left the room he is currently sitting in.  That would really mess with his head.

If May killed herself, does Abel even know?  If he never went and found out when or how his mom died, he might not know yet.  The thing is, Kria would know.  And its only a matter of time until Abel and Kria run into each other in the main comic.  How would Abel react to finding out his mother killed herself.

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2008, 01:25:45 PM
I think it's the same evening.  After all, what purpose would it serve Fa'Lina to have Abel sitting there like a lemon for years on end?

...isn't that basically what she did with Jakob? ;)
(It's been a LONG time since I read CJP, though, so I could be wrong?)
:boogie

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Sid on January 12, 2008, 04:24:41 PM
I think it's the same evening.  After all, what purpose would it serve Fa'Lina to have Abel sitting there like a lemon for years on end?

I think that was a test, or something...

Tapewolf

Not exactly.  That was more like a cross between The Prisoner and DMFA 503/504.
Either way, Jakob was put in unfamiliar surroundings to see what he'd do - Abel is doing precisely nothing whatsoever.

Other than that, good catch  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2008, 04:48:10 PM
*snip*
Abel is doing precisely nothing whatsoever.

Aniz told him to stay there.  Abel doesn't know what else to do.

Sid

Either way, Jakob was put in unfamiliar surroundings to see what he'd do - Abel is doing precisely nothing whatsoever.

Well, his emotional output might be good... He might be feeding a whole bunch of Cubi who like Despair, Confusion, and stuff like that. ;)

sabs

Quote from: Sid on January 12, 2008, 05:44:12 PM

Well, his emotional output might be good... He might be feeding a whole bunch of Cubi who like Despair, Confusion, and stuff like that. ;)

"Oooo~! I smell breakfast in the other room. Bitter sorrow and angst - ah, my favorite! : D"

Alondro

*Charline wishes she could appear and whisper in Abel's ear*  Yes, it was all your fault.  You were careless, you were stupid, you were weak and naive. 

It's all because you're inferior, Abel.   >:3

*Charles  :< * That's what she tells me every day.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Pagan

Although the CJP is a good story, it isn't cannon, so we can't exactly assume how Fa'Lina would act according to that evidence.

Personally, I think it's been long enough for Abel to start thinking coherently (though judging by his eyes, he's still freaked out), but not very long amount of time. Anywhere from half an hour to 2 hours.

An interesting start for Part 2, it looks like it'll be good.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Sid

Quote from: Pagan on January 12, 2008, 08:47:14 PM

Although the CJP is a good story, it isn't cannon, so we can't exactly assume how Fa'Lina would act according to that evidence.

It was more of an in-joke since Tapewolf, author of CJP, asked why she would do such a thing. :P

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Sid on January 12, 2008, 05:44:12 PM

Oooh, yum! Confusion!

Pendolse

I'm actually, main DMFA-wise, amazed that Abel and Kria haven't met accidentally yet.

AndersW

Amber is delaying their meeting as long as she can, because it will be really important to Abel's character development.

WhiteFox

Ooh. That sounds interesting. Didn't Kira kill Abel's friends? (Abel's Story: Page 68)
(Edit: And, for that matter, teach him gradeschool Magic, now that I recall.)

Um... Do we know Abel's Dad's real name? I'm tired of calling him "Cid".

(Edit2: Aniz. Right. How is it I miss this stuff?)
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kayriel

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 14, 2008, 04:59:43 PM
Ooh. That sounds interesting. Didn't Kira kill Abel's friends? (Abel's Story: Page 68)
(Edit: And, for that matter, teach him gradeschool Magic, now that I recall.)

Um... Do we know Abel's Dad's real name? I'm tired of calling him "Cid".

(Edit2: Aniz. Right. How is it I miss this stuff?)

Possibly, not entirely sure. There was a squad of demons out for Adventurer-killing training, apparently. Maybe some sort of agent exam. All we know is there were AT LEAST four of them. One killed by Devin with his ice punch, likely one killed by Glory and whoever was left of her party, Kria herself (who reputedly did not kill anyone), and the unseen taskmaster who chided her for not slaying any adventurers and letting Abel get away.
<3 Abel

WhiteFox

Huh. That's right, she didn't kill anyone.

Abel did state directly afterwards that he didn't know what Kira was doing there. So he doesn't know what side she was on. Since Amber specificly pointed that out in Abel's dialogue, I'm betting it comes up.

(Random tidbit: anyone else notice that the sword that Fi hid in was the sword that Matilda gave Dan?)
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

techmaster-glitch

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!