[Video, Information Design] superluser makes a video (series?)

Started by superluser, December 28, 2007, 08:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

This video has been formatted to fit Youtube's screen, and edited to fit in the time allowed.

Monty hall analysis animatic

- It's an animatic, not full animation yet, so that's why it's just a series of stills.
- As to the voice, I was ill at the time, and I had to cut out a lot of unintentional pauses, wet coughs, and assorted illness-related problems, so I'll probably redub it.
- The whole thing was supposed to be another 5 or so minutes longer, but YouTube caps at 10 min.
- I'm hoping to make a longer version at 640x480 and put it up at archive.org, if they'll take it.
- And as the video suggests, I'd like to turn this into a series of videos.

Suggestions for improvement?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

There are a lot of points where the narration should leave a pause for what you're saying to sink in.  There are a couple of places where it even runs together in a way beloved of Bal-Sagoth and other studio-rock groups where the narration is overdubbed it onto two tracks which overlap slightly...

In short, I think you should put the pauses back and add a few new ones.  Maybe add some kind of introduction sequence or theme music to pad it out, and split it into two parts.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 30, 2007, 07:24:18 PMIn short, I think you should put the pauses back and add a few new ones.  Maybe add some kind of introduction sequence or theme music to pad it out, and split it into two parts.

In fact, I am planning that.  Like I said, I had to condense it down into ten minutes.

As to intro/theme music, I've got an idea for an introduction animation, but I don't really know anything about music, so I'd have to get someone else to do it.

The feel that I'm going for is the old AIT/TV:Ontario TV shows (things like It Figures!, Thinkabout and Eureka!).

And yes, I will know if someone nicks the music from Look Around You.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 31, 2007, 04:23:07 AM
In fact, I am planning that.  Like I said, I had to condense it down into ten minutes.
In case it hasn't quite clicked, I'm suggesting you split it into two 7 minute chunks or something, like we did with the YouTube edit of Warrior For Hire.

(Must start work on the Disasters video)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 31, 2007, 05:56:55 AM
Quote from: superluser on December 31, 2007, 04:23:07 AM
In case it hasn't quite clicked, I'm suggesting you split it into two 7 minute chunks or something, like we did with the YouTube edit of Warrior For Hire.

No, I got it, but 10 minutes was good for getting me to actually get something done and out available for viewing, rather than my other work, like the fanfic (still going to do it, honest!) and the programming project (I'm getting stalled by the URL of unlimited length -> Unix hierarchy bit).