Fall of Giovani's World(interest check, character creation and OOC)

Started by Lisky, February 25, 2009, 07:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

I'm going to scrap that last idea... for i thought of something that may prove far more interesting... i'll have to change the name in a little bit... but for now i guess i'll get started with how this is going to play out... depending on how much people really want to know about whats going on, this has gone from a combat focused PvP game, to a Team working together for the sake of survival game... (the beginning is going to be interesting, and i'm going to need to come up with an excuse as to why the players arn't effected... )

I'm not going to give away too much, but this is going to be taking place around 700 years in future, were interstellar travel has been established via jump drive, though ships need to be a considerable distance away from a star to activate the jump system...

The story so far, An spacecraft, of unknown design and unknown origin has crashed on the peaceful planet of Giovani's World... the planet is fairly industrialized and has a tech base pretty much equal with most colonies of old earth...  the crash has only caused a disturbance in the science community as it smashed into a relatively barren continent...
(i really want to say more, but it'll kind of ruin the fun of early on... just know that this is going to turn survival horror within the first 10 in game days)

Players can play as straight humans, genetically modified humans, or human/animal hybrids...

Technology for the players:
Weapons: Several varieties, and styles, weapons fall into one of 5 major categories, and each category comes in 3 basic styles.

Standard Firearms:metallic projectile, propelled down a barrel using chemical explosives, fairly simple, very cheap, against an unarmored target, it's still extremely lethal to humans if used properly... the largest enhancements are in recoil and cold bore accuracy... the weapons damage depends on it's type, though penetration is fairly low.

Rail Guns: Long copper poles or coils that magnetically accelerate a projectile down the 'barrel' of the weapon, achieves far higher velocities than a standard firearm with minimal recoil, granting rail weapons higher accuracy, both cold bore, and while under sustained fire, as well as higher damage and penetration compared to standard firearms... though they do cost a good deal more (usually reserved for military and police use)

Gauss Guns: A Gauss weapon is a combination of rail and standard firearm technology, granting massive velocity out of shorter weapons, the largest drawback is weight, these weapons generally weigh 50% more than either rail or firearm weapons... costing more than rail weapons gauss weapons are almost always seen with military personnel only, and are particularly favored by steal oriented special forces groups

Laser weapons: Lasers are fairly simple, a coherent beam of energy capable of melting or vaporizing material caught in the beam.  Running on standard energy cells, these weapons have zero stopping power, but when fired within their effective range, they have massive penetration... cheaper than railguns but more expensive than standard firearms... weapon of choice for people looking for protection...

Plasma Weapons:  firing a charged bolt of superheated gas, plasma bolts will melt most known materials on contact, the bolt explodes or diffuses when impacting a solid surface.  These weapons are 'cartridge' fed, a cartridge contains a small copper cap, a plastic case, a pre-charged capacitor, and a small shot of pressurized liquid nitrogen to cool the barrel.  The copper cap is flash vaporised by an ARC torch, powered by the capacitor.  Immediately after the copper is melted, the capacitor releases the rest of it's energy down the electro-magnet barrel, this collects and fires the gaseous copper particles in a rough bolt.  Before leaving the barrel, the nitrogen goes to a gaseous state from residual heat from the forming of the bolt.  The nitrogen has a tendency to cling to the edges of the barrel, providing an insulator against overheating and prevents the barrel from melting as the bolt leaves (if kept under 200 BPM [Bolts Per Minute] the weapon will have no fear of overheating, any higher, and a molten barrel or destroyed gun is common on any plasma weapon) the telltale signs of most plasma weapons are the goldish tint of the inner barrel, and often an over sized barrels as well.   Almost exclusively military, these are the most expensive weapons for ground forces, but they also pack a massive punch with zero recoil, and accuracy equal to that of a laser...

The 3 basic styles all weapons come in are Pistol, SMG, and Rifle
Other variations exist, but those are the basics
On top of those, there are firearm style shotguns, and Gauss style Flechette guns...

Besides weapons, players are going to have a wide range of other technology such as their PDAs which act as communication devices as well as store a wide range of data, and allow access to the massive data nets that the planet leaves open to anyone interested in just about anything...
(set 700 years in the future, nothing too outlandish, but it's mostly an up to the player kinda thing)
there is body armor, but getting some is going to need to come with some type of weakness to counteract it's overall effectiveness...

basically, all i'm asking when you decide your equipment, no god-moding...

as for the players themselves, all i need for now is

Name:
Race: (human, hybrid, modified)
Physical Description:
Job/Occupation:
Skills/Hobbies outside of job:
Weaknesses:
Other interesting notes(if you want):
Equipment:(starting gear is going to be decided by your career, and i'll need you to add and take away from this as you buy, find, and use/dispose of gear)

... this is a survival horror game, so chances are it's going to be mature...

thanks for showing interest again... and sorry i butchered the last idea if you were interested, but this seems a little more manageable on my end.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->