Ah-ha! (Rereading the archive and..)

Started by Akisohida, December 14, 2007, 09:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

For some reason, when I saw Dan say 'Dude' in #122 'Yo! WE just walked along the trail dude!' I remembered that Amber had set the title to a later comic to 'The first and last time Dan says 'dude''. SO I read ahead to #150 and I was right! In 150 he says 'Hold up dude!' and it is titled 'The first and last time Dan will probably say dude'. It got me thinking..why not see if you can find other obscure things? Like a little game of sorts? Not poking fun at Amber or anything but I know I find it fun to see if I can strain my brain to find little ripples and wrinkles in the storytelling of people as good as Amber; it's like a brain exercise. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

AndersW

Amber's recent rant seems to directly contradict this comic.

But her opinions may have changed over time.

techmaster-glitch

I'm fairly certain 'this comic' was a joke...

Sid

Well, you could view it this way: You should definitely work on actually fulfilling your dream instead of just dreaming endlessly, but be warned that starting a comic is going to keep you very busy and that you will have a few big players to compete with. (Starting a major story doesn't really have the direct competition part, but it will also keep you busy.)

So in a way, both advices are valid in a "If that's your wish/dram, go ahead, but don't say I didn't warn you" way.
:boogie

Joe3210

She did use the word "probably" in that title.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: AndersW on December 14, 2007, 10:05:39 PM
Amber's recent rant seems to directly contradict this comic.

But her opinions may have changed over time.

Agreed.
I just didn't want to say anything...

Insert Witty Name

What's the contradiction? Just because you think someones' dream is insane doesn't mean you can't also think that they should shut up already and have a try at it.

EDIT: I need to employ a proofreader. All CV's to this address. Anyway, I know what I mean.
The lurker formerly known as "Zombie_Hunter".

Hermie

Oh, yeah. I was going to say something about the dude thing. ^^;

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zombie_Hunter on December 16, 2007, 05:16:30 AM
EDIT: I need to employ a proofreader. All CV's to this address. Anyway, I know what I mean.

If you're talking about a story, I have a beta service I do...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears