A question.

Started by meany, December 19, 2007, 05:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meany

I'm not sure if this hasn't been brought up before, but here goes.

Cubi are unique in that they have a set of wings on their heads right?

Somebody, please explain this. [Sorry, I have no idea how to edit pics, so just focus on the head, please.]

xHaZxMaTx

llearch n'n'daCorna

What do you mean, unique?

Unique in that they're the only things with wings on their heads? Hardly. Hermes had that, I thought - at least in some representations thereof.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

Simple: that picture is not from DMFA.

You can't expect authors to adhere to conventions outside of their chosen universe.  In DMFA, Cubi grow wings on their heads, have either leathery or feathery wings, read minds, and exist off emotional output.  In some settings, it's vampires who have wings on their heads, and incubi and succubi only have one pair of wings, which is always leathery.  In some settings, incubi and succubi have tiny horns, in some they have massive horns.

In some settings, vampires *poof* and die when sunlight touches them.  In some settings, vampires can get away with simply wearing sunglasses.  In some settings, vampires aren't affected at all by sunlight.  In some settings, vampires have an aversion to silver, in some they don't care.

Don

...That picture is of a digimon known as lucemon, the file name says so. So yea...not a cubi.

I'd post the picture it's most likly based off of but, I'm lazy...

meany

Okay, just wanted to know whether it was a coincidence or not. Now excuse me while I try to scrub the stupid out of my brain.[This comment is directed at meany, and not anyone else. You can in no way claim that I am calling what you said or did stupid, unless your name is meany. That is all.]