11/30/07 [DMFA #847] - Kiii...?

Started by Stygian, November 29, 2007, 10:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt

A talking pip .. if it hadn't bee brought up before I'd have been more shocked. Mostly I was wondering ..  pip sounds quite smart .. yet he got his head stuck in a toaster.

Also good to see what kind of curses those faes dish out.

Sofox

Quote from: Gareeku on November 30, 2007, 05:57:17 AM
Quote from: Rika Banpaia on November 29, 2007, 11:25:19 PM
for some reason, i picture Samuel Jackson doing the voice for pip  :mowdizzy

...Drakes on a Plane? :<

Regardless, this is certainly a turn for the books. I am most intrigued to see what happens in the future.

(If www.rcsitravel.com hadn't changed their archiving system making hard to find old art, I'd have an extremely appropriate picture for you here)

RJ

Quote from: e_voyager on November 30, 2007, 02:08:09 PM
Quote from: Gareeku on November 30, 2007, 02:03:44 PM
Maybe some crazy fanfic is in the works. :U

fanfics are always in the works. mine simply don't see the light of day

Good. Don't ever let them roam free on the internet, or else you face the consequences.

It's really too bad I never learnt that lesson myself. Feel the pain of my many Naruto fics!

BarGamer

I have HAD it with these -bleeet!- drakes on this -bleeeet!- comic! (j/k!) Also, it's now apparent that there's more to Pip than meets the eye. What shadows lurks in the heart of Mab? Madness? THIS. IS. AMBER!

*Fleeeeees!*

bill

Quote from: BarGamer on November 30, 2007, 04:35:36 PM

I have HAD it with these -bleeet!- drakes on this -bleeeet!- comic! (j/k!) Also, it's now apparent that there's more to Pip than meets the eye. What shadows lurks in the heart of Mab? Madness? THIS. IS. AMBER!

*Fleeeeees!*
My jaw has dropped because this is such a bad post

Netrogo

*Fleeeeees!*

There's more cheese in that post then all of Wisconsin :U
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

bill

I should make a subforum in the mine just for that one post

Hellcat

*recovers from shock of Pip speaking* so ALL of Dan's feathers fall out when he eats shell fish, this raises a question, a cubi's lower feathers are also wing tentacles, extra limbs, so if one loses these extra limbs.... they must grow back, but do they become tentacles when they are detached, is it like losing an arm since they are technically limbs?

terrycloth

So... this *is* just Pip going 'kiiii kii kiiii' like he always does but us hearing what he's saying since Mab is the viewpoint character this time, right? He's not suddenly breaking out in english for no reason, I hope. :mowdizzy

Amber Williams

Quote from: ??? (Hellcat) on November 30, 2007, 06:06:01 PM

*recovers from shock of Pip speaking* so ALL of Dan's feathers fall out when he eats shell fish, this raises a question, a cubi's lower feathers are also wing tentacles, extra limbs, so if one loses these extra limbs.... they must grow back, but do they become tentacles when they are detached, is it like losing an arm since they are technically limbs?

Keep in mind Abel and Aaryanna both are able to make wing tentacles and they don't have large feathers.  Dan can pluck all his feathers out and still have wing tentacles.  The fact they look like they are from his feathers is simply aesthetic.  Any other day, his feathers are just feathers.

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 30, 2007, 07:34:52 PM
.. and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. ;-]

except for ones from Honduras, those are made specifically for latent homosexuals.

regardless of whether he can still 'use' his tentacles it still leaves him featherless, more or less bald really. besides, dan does not use his tentacles much other then to get hard to reach places.

if it were me i would have cursed him to turn hot pink and swell up any time he ate grain products, but i guess this was either a minor offense and a minor curse or dan reaaaaly misses shellfish
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Joe3210

*Fleeeeees!*
For this, I applaud you.  I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Also, getting replied to from a mod gave you two awesome points.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Skydancer

I suspect that it's Mab and Pip talking from their own perspective. I'm more shocked by Mab being involved in a long-term plot than by Pip vocalizing under those circumstances.

As for the toaster? Fae do NOT get along with technology... no matter HOW smart they really are. ;-)

AndersW

Amber Williams

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 30, 2007, 09:58:45 PM
Then I pity them.

I pity Jy more.  Everyone picks on him.  He should send his evil lawyer of doom mother on those evil people.

Alondro

Everything could be part of Mab's plan... the whole Dark Pegasus episode... Jy meeting Lorenda... even the Pokecraze! 

Wait... if I put it all together there seems to be some sort of hidden mathematical code which tells the story of the dark god's origin and Mab's secret society of Faeluminti and the Knights Ti'Fiona!

*Charles soon publishes "The Amber Code"... followed by it's sequel "Amber Alert"*

:giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

James Woods as Pip...Yeah..Now I am thinking like that

Kamunt

If no one said Tay Zonday yet...then Tay Zonday. The way he spoke so eloquently made me think that smooth and sexy baritone would be delightful to hear coming from him. :mowninja

Also, MY GODS!! I feel so sorry for anyone who just began to read this comic on this arc, this strip in particular.

Netrogo

Quote from: Alondro on November 30, 2007, 11:10:04 PM
Everything could be part of Mab's plan... the whole Dark Pegasus episode... Jy meeting Lorenda... even the Pokecraze! 

Wait... if I put it all together there seems to be some sort of hidden mathematical code which tells the story of the dark god's origin and Mab's secret society of Faeluminti and the Knights Ti'Fiona!

*Charles soon publishes "The Amber Code"... followed by it's sequel "Amber Alert"*

You said all that other stuff just to excuse using the 'Amber Alert' pun didn't you :U
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Hellcat

I'm not even sure the Pokecraze was cannon to the story since it was back when DMFA was set in Furcadia... I think.
I guess thats the extent of a fae's power though, breaking reality even when that reality was not even real

kazzellin

*Delurks* I think this is more hearing Pip speaking from Mab's point of view, for the sake of plot-twisting fun. :)

Secondarily, Mab understanding Pip is nothing new. Remember this? http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_496.php This is just the first time we readers have understood him (which I believe has already been pointed out).

As for questions. . . Are we going to see Merlitz' old adventuring group come back to Lost Lake to "confront the Cubi" only to discover Alexi no longer reeks of magic and Dan the Great Adventurer is staying there (since they didn't see him the last time)? It would be fun for confusing them, anyway. And is Merlitz going to be meeting up with them at all? :3

Also, when is Kria going to encounter Abel, and will there be recognition? She'll probably see him eventually, since she's spying on Jyrras and he goes to Lost Lake a lot. ^_^

*goes back to lurking*

Brunhidden

That is the second biggest fly agaric i have ever seen.... check the other side for bitemarks
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

BarGamer

Quote from: Joe3210 on November 30, 2007, 08:47:05 PMFor this, I applaud you.  I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Also, getting replied to from a mod gave you two awesome points.

Thanks! I knew there was someone here that would get all four pop culture references, including the clumsy Transformers one. If I haven't introduced myself in 8 months, then just keep in mind that I make horrible puns over on the Napping Cat's Dream, too, my main forum.

That doesn't mean that I can't occasionally come up with insightful and clever posts, just that puns come easier to me.

Pip faking his hatred of Dan? I wonder why? Could Pip be involved in the Anti-Dragon plot with Destania and Biggs? What kind of plot could Mab be involved in that can't be solved with an over-dose of Fae Magic? It's obvious that Amber is referencing this comic, but who is she missing? Dan's dad? Abel's real dad? And how is this supposed to save Dan, especially since the Albanion-protective-bracelet is on Jyrras? Could it be that one of Jyrras's inventions, or future inventions, which the Council-that-Alb's-on is interested in? Could it be that "Mab's friend," who is likely to be Albanion, be who cursed Dan before, and since the nature of his unhappiness is generally not well known, makes most creatures think that he's still out for Fae retribution? Of the people in the inn, Dan and Jyrras are the least able to protect themselves, irregardless of Dan's adventuring days.

What is Mab grooming Dan for? The end of the Dragons, and the interests of their families? Could Dan be some sort of prophesied Dragon-slayer, with the sword he got from Matilda? And why would Pip be concerned for Mab, and possibly her safety? Perhaps because Mab is on OPPOSITE sides of the conflict with Destania and Biggs?

One answer, hundreds more questions...

Naldru

Quote from: kazzellin on December 01, 2007, 12:52:13 AM
*Delurks* I think this is more hearing Pip speaking from Mab's point of view, for the sake of plot-twisting fun. :)

Secondarily, Mab understanding Pip is nothing new. Remember this? http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_496.php This is just the first time we readers have understood him (which I believe has already been pointed out).
I just realized something.  Since Azlan is a fae, this implies that Pip is capable of injuring fae.  Unless Azlan's fear is part of just normal play-acting.

Quote from: AndersW on November 30, 2007, 09:33:15 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on November 30, 2007, 01:58:16 PM
Quote from: AndersW on November 30, 2007, 10:35:34 AM
My question for Amber.  Is Jyrras gay or bi?

Does it really matter?

It matters to your fans.
Until Amber decides, Jy is sort of like Schrodinger's cat:  both until the box is opened and Amber reveals her opinion.

If you're writing fanfic (even if only in your mind), he can be in love with rutabagas or kumquats if you want him to be.

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 30, 2007, 09:58:45 PM
Then I pity them.
Didn't Wednesday say almost the same line in the last scene of Adams Family Values?  I remember what happened to the person she said it to.

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anri

Quote from: Naldru on December 01, 2007, 08:10:04 AM
Quote from: kazzellin on December 01, 2007, 12:52:13 AM

I just realized something.  Since Azlan is a fae, this implies that Pip is capable of injuring fae.  Unless Azlan's fear is part of just normal play-acting.

Could very well be, lest we forget Demo 101 telling us: One thing of note is that many Fae(likely due to the fact they live so long) will often play roles and take on a story as if in a theatre play. Choosing a life of adventurer, lover, savage, they will set themselves into certain guidlines and limits to play out according to their chosen field.

Azlan has taken on the role of an adventurer, yes? And they are crunchy to drakes. Or is that squishy. Tasty? It's some sort of -y!

Alondro

Quote from: Netrogo on December 01, 2007, 12:00:56 AM

You said all that other stuff just to excuse using the 'Amber Alert' pun didn't you :U

Yesh... all part of MY plans!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sofox

Quote from: Sofox on November 30, 2007, 02:21:53 PM
Quote from: Gareeku on November 30, 2007, 05:57:17 AM

...Drakes on a Plane? :<

Regardless, this is certainly a turn for the books. I am most intrigued to see what happens in the future.

(If www.rcsitravel.com hadn't changed their archiving system making hard to find old art, I'd have an extremely appropriate picture for you here)

Ha ha, by request, Darc re-uploaded exactly what I was looking for:
-Here it is-

zopey

is it me or has pip's eyes changed? or is it the expression? thers just something freaky about him now. mab too. i doupt we've ever seen that raised eyebrow and smirk before