11/30/07 [DMFA #847] - Kiii...?

Started by Stygian, November 29, 2007, 10:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

I just noticed the window-effect. I don't know if we've seen that before here, but it reminded me of the 100 themes picture with the prominent window.

KarlOmega1

Quote from: bilbo-sama on November 29, 2007, 11:29:45 PM
2. Johnny Yong Bosch

the black ranger as Pip?  :mowdizzy

anyways...this comic strip is quite a shocker.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Aleolus

I have only one thing going through my mind from this comic.   :erk Za?

On a sillier note, I didn't know all of Dan's feathers fell out when he ate shellfish!  What kind of curse is that?  Who in their right mind would eat shellfish anyway?

On an even more silly note, can anyone else see Pip with a Sean Connery accent?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Aleolus on November 30, 2007, 12:28:00 AM
:kittyno

British, maybe. Sean Connery....ack!

Fuyudenki

just tried it.  Sean Connery makes anything sound good. 8)

Anri

buh... za... uh... fwah...

I'm not so sure my wee minky brain can handle this...

...Without going to Robot Chicken - What a twist!

Aleolus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 30, 2007, 12:28:47 AM
Quote from: Aleolus on November 30, 2007, 12:28:00 AM
:kittyno

British, maybe. Sean Connery....ack!

What's wrong with Sean Connery?  He was absolutely superb as James Bond!

On a different note, YES!  My second kittyno!  I'm on a roll!

Jakon

Falcarthum

I could bet that the Spanish Inquisition was more expected that a Pip' speech...

Anyway, my congratulations, Mrs. Williams...

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

kaskar

8) What else about Pip will we learn ? Does Pip have Pipettes ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

ShadesFox

Heh, it has been a while since I've posted on this particular forum ;p

The only problem that I have with Pip speaking like Sean Connery is the that last sentence.  I don't think Connery would use 'dislike' over 'hate'.

That said, maybe a 'set the askers of questions on fire' marathon would be fun?  I've been running one for at least a year or two around these parts and it has been fun.
The All Purpose Fox

Manawolf

::Capable of another D&D reference, waits to see if Zina spazzes out again::

Fex

*Reads the comic and shoots tea through my nose like a firehose* wha? ......... pip can speak?!?!?!?! hmmm he should have the voice off John Cleese.

superluser

I still say Harry Shearer would be fun.

...Hal Holbrook might be fun, too.  ``I'll keep you in the right direction if I can, but that's all.''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zina

Quote from: Manawolf on November 30, 2007, 01:11:46 AM
::Capable of another D&D reference, waits to see if Zina spazzes out again::

Posting with the intent of baiting others is considered trolling, Mana, and is a ban-able offense.
FYI.

Manawolf

It's not baiting, it's an educated guess at possible replies.  In any case, familiars do naturally grow in intelligence alongside spellcasters, and are perfectly capable of communicating with their masters, even if they can't do it with anyone else.

In regards to the comic, I'm a little confused by what Pip meant.  Was he trying to make Dan hate him more than Mab?  We haven't even seen Dan's reaction to the news of what exactly went down.

I also vote Pip having the voice of Christopher Walken.

Kuari

Did he...  and then....  but he...  Pip he just....  whaa????  *foams at the mouth*

Zina

Quote from: Manawolf on November 30, 2007, 02:28:31 AM
It's not baiting, it's an educated guess at possible replies.
"::Capable of another D&D reference, waits to see if Zina spazzes out again::" Sounds an awful lot like baiting to me, Mana.
If you want to make D&D references, then there's not a whole lot I can do other than roll my eyes. But if I get the impression that you're only doing it in order to see if I'll "spazz out", then that's baiting and I will take action.
Especially since I don't remember the last time I "spazzed out" over a D&D reference you made. In fact, I think the last person mentioned anything about them was Damaris, not me.

Manawolf

Note that we've never really seen Mab and Pip alone together in the comic, at least not when Mab is open for motivation building.

As for you Zina, I speak metaphorically.  You certainly give an irked reply over it everytime I do it.

I certainly don't have you in mind when I first started, but you've managed to shove yourself into the spotlight of the whole issue.

Frankly, you could always say nothing and let the discussion continue, or we can start taking two shots whenever you show signs of gripage over my posts.  It's your choice.

Zina

Quote from: Manawolf on November 30, 2007, 02:41:50 AM
Note that we've never really seen Mab and Pip alone together in the comic, at least not when Mab is open for motivation building.

As for you Zina, I speak metaphorically.  You certainly give an irked reply over it everytime I do it.

I certainly don't have you in mind when I first started, but you've managed to shove yourself into the spotlight of the whole issue.

Frankly, you could always say nothing and let the discussion continue, or we can start taking two shots whenever you show signs of gripage over my posts.  It's your choice.
....what.
How is "::Capable of another D&D reference, waits to see if Zina spazzes out again::" NOT having me in mind? You mention me and only me.
Honestly, Mana, I'm not very fond of you essentially taking shots at me and then telling me to say nothing in response. Posting with the intent of picking fights is against the rules, and I'm starting to think that's exactly what you had in mind.
I'm not in the mood for this, Mana. Don't bait people, either other people or myself.
That's my final word on the matter.

Manawolf

::Takes two shots of milk, goes to bed::

CubeGuy

What the heck can I add to THAT?

DO A BARREL ROLL!

Yeah... that'll work.

Mwa

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on November 29, 2007, 10:26:15 PM
I totally picture Pip with a British accent, for some reason.
As do I.
To which, I will be recording my own rendition of that speech as soon as I have time! :>
That said, Sean Connery would make it amusing.
I might also record me trying to pretend to be him doing that as well...

Also, why does Mab not have rainbow hair?

Reaver225

I quite literally just said "AAAAAAA!" quite loudly on seeing that last panel.

:/

Magic

And people wondered why the drake enjoyed tea with me.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Kuari

Quote from: Reaver225 on November 30, 2007, 03:58:57 AM
I quite literally just said "AAAAAAA!" quite loudly on seeing that last panel.

:/

*shakes himself free of mouth foamage*

I almost yelled out "WHAT THE F$($"

Amber upgraded from her Steamroller it seems lately...  instead she's dropping mass quantities of 10 ton weights from a bomber plane.

Tapewolf

Oh my.

Those of you who are wondering what he is supposed to sound like should read this:
http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum2933.htm#ref32
...the mp3 file is still live, by the way although it turns out I pronounced 'mow' wrong.

So, Amber apparently visualises him as having a London accent, or did at the time.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kuari

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 30, 2007, 04:16:44 AM
Oh my.

Those of you who are wondering what he is supposed to sound like should read this:
http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum2933.htm#ref32
...the mp3 file is still live, by the way although it turns out I pronounced 'mow' wrong.

So, Amber apparently visualises him as having a London accent, or did at the time.

Huh...  that's a bit deeper then I imagined, but hey, it's her character.

Clicky

My mind sorta died when he talked.

My only guess is that Pip was just attacking Dan to try to lessen the amount of dislike after this all happens. I wonder, is Mab really as naive as she looks half the time, or is it really all an act?

Kuari

Quote from: Clicky on November 30, 2007, 05:29:03 AM
My mind sorta died when he talked.

My only guess is that Pip was just attacking Dan to try to lessen the amount of dislike after this all happens. I wonder, is Mab really as naive as she looks half the time, or is it really all an act?

More then likely just an act as fae are basically all powerful, and could probably be all knowing if they chose to be...