for some reason when I shave my upper lip goes numb.

Started by jakshep3, November 25, 2007, 12:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakshep3

for some reason when I shave my upper lip goes numb. does anyon know why?
thanks, jakshep3 :zombiekun2

Dannysaysnoo

Fuyudenki

This looks like spam to me.
That is not my call, however.

When you start shaving, it'll cause your face to numb and feel weird after you shave.  It'll stop after a year or two.

It also contributes to the fact that I still shave only once a week.

Eibborn

I recommend you ask 4chan. I understand that they're good at problem solving over there.
/kicks the internet over

Omega

How about consulting your local doctor, before asking us. He/she might know more about your problem than people over here.

*sigh*

Not trying to be rude, or anything, but I doubt your motives here.
If I have to make a guess, I'd say that your skin is a bit sensitive on that area. Try switching a razor or shaving cream.

Faerie Alex

If it helps, my face felt weird for a few weeks when I started shaving.

Prolly a safe bet that you can ignore it for now, but see a doctor if it gets bad/becomes a real problem.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

GabrielsThoughts

use barbasol, it sounds like your allergic to something.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Alondro

Oh dear.  It sounds like you have paranuclear trigeminal degeneration.  You die a terrible, terrible death.

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Joe3210

Quote from: Alondro on November 26, 2007, 08:10:11 PM
Oh dear.  It sounds like you have paranuclear trigeminal degeneration.  You die a terrible, terrible death.

That sounds some sort of special.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Alondro on November 26, 2007, 08:10:11 PM

It's times like this I realize being a molecular biologist must be a great deal of fun.

Sienna Maiu - M T

The title was just so random I had to come.
Anywho, I believe this may be due to the sensitivity of the face, which may possibly be a very thin part of all the body's skin. Anyways, what causes the "numbness" would be the flaking-off of the external layer of skin, leaving the more sensitive, living layer underneath.

However, this is entirely theoretical speculation, which is pending further, if any, research.

Alondro: Yes. :)