Yo! New Member here!

Started by Silver Pomeranian Genji, November 24, 2007, 11:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Pomeranian Genji

Haldo, I'm new here. Expect me to insert my ¥5,000 whenever possible.
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

bill

Reese Tora

big spender, ain'cha?

I think 5 yen would suffice for an equivalent to 2 cents, taking in to account exchange rate and fees to perform the exchange. :P

<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Roureem Egas

Silver Pomeranian Genji

Oops, it was supposed to say "new member". I phail at kanji. And thanks.
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

Zina

I don't think you need the "u" there. Just make it "ニュー" should work just fine, but that's just my two cents.
Also, in before weeaboo.
And in after.
Take THAT, this forum.

Eibborn

The lines and dashes! How thrilling.
/kicks the internet over

Sienna Maiu - M T

Oh how marvelous it is that I can actually see the symbols ^-^

Alright, so welcome most new Hikari-nin Genji,

As I am sure you have already discovered, the members of this here forum can be very helpful (although often in their own interesting ways) while Bill is not. (watch out for him)
Here is a pointy-stick *reaches into a plot-hole and pulls out a seemingly ordinary stick* I found a spare in the back room. It should concievably help protect you from dangers you percieve in your mind.

Well, have a nice one, thou that mades't me believe was of Japanese origin, decent or bearing,
Sienna Maiu - Moonshine Tallgrass

xHaZxMaTx

The more you use Japanese or whatever characters, the less I like you.  Seeing as you haven't used much, I don't dislike you much.  However, I have no reason to like you, so watch your back.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm wondering if this is an egregious breaking of the forum rules, or merely a unique entrance.

I haven't decided yet.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

I am hoping for the latter myself.

Although I would still like to know what the 45 dollars is for

xHaZxMaTx

Zina

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 25, 2007, 04:02:56 AM
I'm wondering if this is an egregious breaking of the forum rules, or merely a unique entrance.

I haven't decided yet.

I was under the impression that as long as there was a translation or one of the admins could read it, it was fine.

Reese Tora

I was thinking of saying something about the kana breaking rules, but I is not a mod.

Mods have super powers, like flight and heat vision and banning yer arse.  I can't even cause things to start burning.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zina on November 25, 2007, 04:32:59 AM
I was under the impression that as long as there was a translation or one of the admins could read it, it was fine.

I don't remember seeing katakana as being on the list of things the admins admitted to being able to read. ;-] At the time it was posted, it wasn't obvious, and there was no translation included. Now, of course, it's a different matter...

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 25, 2007, 04:40:34 AM
I was thinking of saying something about the kana breaking rules, but I is not a mod.

Good call. ;-]

Mods have super powers, like flight and heat vision and banning yer arse.  I can't even cause things to start burning.

We do? I must have missed that memo. *grin*

Silver Pomeranian Genji

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 25, 2007, 05:52:43 AM
Quote from: Zina on November 25, 2007, 04:32:59 AM

I don't remember seeing katakana as being on the list of things the admins admitted to being able to read. ;-] At the time it was posted, it wasn't obvious, and there was no translation included. Now, of course, it's a different matter...

Good call. ;-]

We do? I must have missed that memo. *grin*

Eh? There's a rule against my doings? Well, ain't this a kick in the pants. Guess I'd better fix it, don't want to be banned on my first few dys here.

TheGreyRonin

*tosses Reese a box of matches and a bottle of napalm* Here kid, go nuts.

Welcome to the forum, Hikari-nin.

Eibborn

Actually, y'know what, well done. Positive first impression, despite the whole wanton use of Japanese. I'm impressed- that prejudices me against you, but then you swung it all around with an actual grasp of English spelling and grammar, not to mention the use of the term, 'kick in the pants.'
/kicks the internet over

Angel

Haldo indeed. From your greeting, I can tell you're a Homestar Runner fan, so you can't be that bad. Welcome, watch the third step, and make sure you have a clue!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Hikari-nin Genji on November 25, 2007, 11:46:36 AM
Eh? There's a rule against my doings? Well, ain't this a kick in the pants. Guess I'd better fix it, don't want to be banned on my first few dys here.

See rule 8. Obviously, with Zina knowing Kanji, we need to update that... ;-]

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 25, 2007, 06:34:03 PMObviously, with Zina knowing Kanji, we need to update that... ;-]

Looks like Kana to me. ;)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on November 25, 2007, 06:37:18 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 25, 2007, 06:34:03 PMObviously, with Zina knowing Kanji, we need to update that... ;-]

Looks like Kana to me. ;)

Did I say -I- knew what it was? No. Shush, or I'll get the boots out. :-P

Sienna Maiu - M T

oh I don't know... the use of Kana was actually what drew me to the thread in the first place. Otherwise, I would have by-passed The Villa entirely.
This of course means my attempt to make a break for it has failed (except for that I haven't wandered back into the Lost Lake yet...)

Eowyn

What Eowyn types-biitkkklassssssssss,,,,,,,,    yaaaaahhw

What Eowyn says- beya class, yeah

What Eowyn means- Finally someone I can understand

Sienna Maiu - M T

:sweatdrop

You don't want to know what I read that as...

Anyone ever heard of Sai? :T