Honor Circle Returns! (OOC) - Open

Started by Boog, November 02, 2007, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

I've had enough of something. I'm taking a leave from the forums. Seeing as how no characters of mine are engaged in anything meaningful and pertinent, I do not see how this could present a problem.

Sunblink

I'm sorry to do this to you guys, but I'm going through some very bad things currently related to my medication. Among the myriad terrible side-effects - I'd rather not go into the details in this particular forum - I can't write. Everything I produce is bullshit.

So I'm going to be inactive indefinitely. I could feel better soon, could feel better later... I don't know. I'm not terribly optimistic regarding any sort of recovery. I'm sorry to anyone and everyone who's waiting on my response in Honor Circle. I've been trying to work on a post there, but the frustration resulting from my lack of quality has been counterproductive. I'm still going to try and do some writing exercises every so often to see if I improve, but, again, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm sorry, guys.

Boog

It's alright Keaton, feel better soon.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have to say, Boogey...

...I'm still unsure as to what the heck Big Bad is. Er, was.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Boog

Eh, Black Angel figured out the basics of it; something that needs people around. The rest... Will probably get more apparant as more people fight things from the book.

Angel

Quote from: Boogeyman on January 24, 2010, 10:16:39 AM
Eh, Black Angel figured out the basics of it; something that needs people around. The rest... Will probably get more apparant as more people fight things from the book.

...And here I thought it was the magic words that did the trick. The earthquake wasn't on purpose at all and THAT'S what did it?

Wow. Chaos magic is way more useful than I thought it would be. :3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Dekari

I've already talked this over with Boogeyman and I will be temporally pulling my character Dekari out of this RP.  This is mostly due to the fact that as nothing about the story in which he came from was set in stone when I made his profile.  Now looking at it, everything in his profile for the most part wrong.  I will soon be having him make an "exit".

However, while I fix Dekari's sheet I would like to enter a new character in his place......if that's ok.

Name: Azshanas Morrígan

Nickname(s): Harvester of Sorrow

Species: Wolf (real life species counterpart: Mackenzie Valley Wolf).  Faolchú Dorcha Cubi  (Faolchú Dorcha is both the clan name and the race name)

Family and Association(s): Raul Luchtainé (husband, deceased), Nuadha Morrígan (brother), Crystal Camulus (clan member), Karla Manannán (clan member), Keith Manannán (clan member), Dekari (relationship unknown)

Place of Origin: Originally from the Faolchú Dorcha city Aonghus.

Physical Description:

Height: 5' 5"

Weight: 125lbs

Build: Thin/Athletic

Eyes: Left eye: Red iris, white sclera.  Right eye: Silver iris, black sclera

Hair: White

Fur Coloration: White arms, legs, chest, and lower jaw fading to blond then dark gray going up the head and around to the back.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lobo_en_el_Zoo_de_Madrid_01_cropped.jpg for better idea.

Distinguishing features: Besides her eyes, Azshanas has two features that stand out, her clan mark and her wings.  Her clan is located on her back and stands out rather significantly due to it being white and rather large.  And although Azshanas is a Cubi, she doesn't have head wings or back wings.  Due to events in her past both sets of her wings have been replaced by a vaporous void essence that takes on the shape of her original feathered wings.  Azshanas prefers to hide her "wings" when not in combat as they, and her right eye, are a constant reminder of the mistakes she made in her past and the atrocities came about from them.

Dueling Info:

Abilities:

Healer:
Aside from shapeshifting and mindreading abilities, Azshanas is extremely talented with healing magic.  She is able to passively heal minor cuts and scratches.  Beyond that, the concentration needed to heal a wound is dependent on the size of wound.

Void Zones:
Although Azshanas is a healer by birth, she is not without offensive abilities.  During the time in her past when she was under the influence of the Voxthern, she learned how to infuse her healing magic with the void and use it as a form of "life leach".  At the time she became feared for her ability to open vast void zones under large armies and sap them of their life essence in a painful and agonizing death.  However, now free of the influence of the Voxthern, her ability with this technique has diminished greatly to the point that she can only open a void zone large enough to ensnare a single person and, depending on how resilient the person, weaken them.

Weaknesses:
Due to the side effects of being exposed to pure void energy while under the influence of the Voxthern, Azshanas is not very physically resilient.  Extensive physically activity will cause her to tier quickly and she must rely on magic infused elixirs to last longer than five minutes in a fight.

Weapon (of choice):

Sorrowfang: Azshanas's double ended scythe that she can summon from the void.  Standing at 6 feet with blades measure 6 inches at their deepest and 4.5 feet in length, this weapon helped Azshanas earn the nickname "The Harvester of Sorrow" when she was under the influence of the Voxthern.  Sorrowfang is inscribed with runes that make it as light as a feather.  It can also be separated mid shaft with a "cord" of seething energy connecting the two ends and used as a kind of throwing sickle.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

techmaster-glitch

Corgatha Taldorthar

Name: Corgatha Taldorthar   
Nickname(s): The Stonefish
Age: Eighty Four (Appears to be in his early thirties however. See below)
Species: Human.
Family and Association(s): No living family. Associations: The Black Tower, Dragonsworn.
Place of Origin: A small unnamed hamlet in northern Kandor. (Wheel of time setting)

Physical Description: A tall man, standing at six foot five inches, and muscular, weighing roughly 230 pounds. Black hair, gray eyes. Scars and tattoos absolutely litter his body.  His skin is the same hue as his eyes, possibly a side effect of his protective spells, but also possibly from Saidin rot. He walks in a shambling, lumpy fashion, turning his hips into his steps in an almost exaggerated fashion.

Dueling info (combat strengths, weaknesses, weaponry, etc.)

Equipment.

Power made Obsidian Zweihander. Corgatha built a sword made out of obsidian to the dimensions of a two handed blade, and then used his magic to toughen the usually easily shatter-able material. The blade is lighter than a steel weapon, incredibly sharp, and while not completely invulnerable, will not break, chip, or shatter by ordinary usage.  He keeps it strapped across his back in a boarhide sheath.

3 power wrought obsidian daggers. Similar to his greatsword, but made to the specifications of simple soldier's daggers. Balanced for throwing. One is kept at his belt, and the other two are each tucked into a boot.

Other equipment is just a standard Asha'Man coat, with the Dedicated pin and the Dragon pin, boots, a commander's baton, a bit of food, belt with pouches, shirt and pants, a handful of silver, etc. He keeps six, roughly fist sized rocks in one of his belt pouches, to use as ammunition and shields should his location have a dearth of loose rock to work with.

Strengths.
Sharp senses. Just holding onto Saidin enhances the senses of channelers, allowing to see in more detail, hear softer decibel tones (although it does not extend frequencies) smell more discerningly, etc.

Magic. Corgatha is a wheel of time channeler. He accesses a magical source called Saidin, and from there weaves the energy into various elemental forms to cast spells. Corgatha is a strong, albeit somewhat clumsy channeler. He can grab large quantities of Saidin, but unless he's weaving in Earth (his best element) he tends to only be able to form very simplistic, straightforward spells.

Generally, Corgatha can cast a spell at anything he can see, and can keep up regular channeling for several minutes at a high pace before getting tired and having to let go of the power. 

(If someone wants a more complete "spell list" I can provide one, but it's getting a bit late as of the time of this writing)

He's clever, and has no sense of fighting fair. Loves to come up with ways of striking from a hidden or secure position. He has the magical talent and concentration ability to handle several weaves at once, as long as none of them use a lot of energy. Usually rotates several rocks around

Weaknesses.

Many old injuries, and he's not agile at all. On the battlefield, tends to use short teleportation spells (Gateways or Traveling gates) to get around.

He has very little in the way of defense, especially against attacks towards his mind. He can wrap himself in stone or harden air to deflect many purely physical assaults, but magical attacks tend to leave him flat-footed.

Personality:
Obsessive, unstable, violent. Obsesses over abstracts, and has very little regard for people. Tends towards single-mindedness, but what he happens to be focusing on can change in the blink of an eye. Has no real sense of humor, and views anything less than absolute, 24/7 dedication to a chosen cause as shirking

History:
Corgatha Taldorthar was born on a small farm near the Blightborder in Kandor. He was noted for his size, build, and for almost always winning wrestling competitions in his home village. Despite living on the edge of the Blight, Corgatha never really showed an aptitude for weaponcraft, although he was not deficient either. He fought powerfully, but without real grace.

At the age of sixteen , he began channeling. By eighteen he had already succumbed to the madness that was then extant in the Taint, and vanished from most recordings in history. If Corgatha even remembers what happened during this time, he does not share his recollections. However, sometime during this he managed to get a strong grip on the Power, lost quite a bit of his nervous and motor function, acquired many scars and tattoos, his mottled gray appearance , and perhaps strangest of all, a frighteningly skillful grasp of military matters,not so much in the area of inspiration, or of keeping troops loyal to him, but in logistics, in maneuver, and in battlefield construction.

Sometime after the cleansing of Saidin, he was found by one of the Asha'Man recruiting parties, and one of the new Healing weaves were able to cure some of the Saidin madness. (*note. Non-book Canon possible), although he still remained unstable, but not a direct, imminent threat to everyone he laid eyes on.  He quickly rose through the ranks of the Asha'Man heirarchy,  having already an extensive knowledge of Saidin usage, and eventually earned a command in the Legion of the Dragon, seeing action in Arad Doman and along the Blight.

However, his latest incursion into the blight came afoul of one of the unraveling threads of the Pattern as the Dark One strove to escape his prison. As his vision swam and he faintly heard the shouts of those around him, he found himself in  a place completely unlike any he'd ever seen before, in life or in deluded vision.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lucheek

Name: Xena
Nickname(s): N/A
Species: Wooden Vantriliquist Puppet and Garter Snake
Family and Association(s): N/A
Place of Origin: "The Toy Trolley"-- A broken old cart that used to be a traveling toy shop. Was once known for it's magical living toys, but has been destroyed for a while now. Xena is the only remaining thing from the Toy Trolley that hasn't been broken.
Physical Description: Xena actually has two bodies. The vantriliquist doll body is made out of a light, smooth wood and stands about three feet tall. Her feet and hands consit of three congruent boards of wood,with no thumb. She makes up for the lack of thumb by being able to bend the "fingers" in both directions. Around her neck is a pink-cloth frill that points out like a six-sided star (when seen from above), and at each point is a jingle-bell. Xena is meant to be the puppet of a white tiger. She has fur ears and a tail, made out of real old rabbit fur that is beginning to fray. The fur is died in black bands for "stripes", with 3 stripes per ear and 5 on her tail. Her eyes are blue beads attached the face. The pupil, a black slit, is painted on. Black vertical lines are painted around her head that go through her eyes. She also has a painted on pink triangle nose. The hatch to her puppetry (that allows somebody to put their hand in and control the opening and closing of her mouth) is steathily hidden by the pink frill. She can not change her facial expression at all, and is only able to open and close her mouth. There is no reason, however, for her to have an open mouth and she keeps it closed at most times. Xena compensates the blank/hallow face with exagerated body language.
Xena's snake body is about 18 inches long, from head to tip, and is 1.5 inches wide at her thickest point on the body. She is a Garter snake, with the typical light-green color of one. However, Xena has fangs. Her snake-eyes are the same light blue of the puppet-eyes. She useally keeps her snake body close to the puppet body, often curled up around an arm or across the neck.
Dueling info (combat strengths, weaknesses, weaponry, etc.)
Xena('s puppet body) is incredibly strong, expecially considering her diminutive stature. With enough focus, a single punch can have enough force to brake a normal human's bones. The solid wood portions of her body are also very resistant to being broken or scratched. She can block a sword blow, for instance, by crossing her arms infront of the blade. However, the joints of the puppet body are weak points. They are suseptible to being cut off the rest of the body with a well-aimed slice. If the wood is not completly destroyed or smashed, Xena can continue to move disconnected limbs. She's sufficently fast, but not really agile or dextrous. Xena would have no problem following someone across a field, but would be pretty challenged to follow the same someone across a tight-rope or beam, for instance. Her hands,likewise, are capable of grabbing objects, but are not close to be dextrous enough for skilled climbing or aerobatics. Her wooden body is resistant of scratching, tearing and breaking but is as vunerable to fire as any normal wood would be. This body can function in enviroments without air, as she doesn't need to breathe.
Xena('s snake body) has no altered strength or weakness from a normal snake's body. That is to say that it is very weak and vunerable to attack. As such, Xena protects this body with extreme vigor. This body has no magical healing properties. Unlike a normal Garter Snake, Xena is slightly poisonous. The poison numbs or can even temporarily paralyze the limb bitten, depending on the size and strength of the victim. The snake body has to be able to breathe.
Damage to the puppet-body doesn't affect the snake-body. However, if the snake-body is killed, so is the puppet-body. Xena's ears and eyes on the puppet can hear and see. This body has no other senses, including the sense of touch and pain. Xena's snake body has all senses. The two bodies can manuver independently and do not need to be close to eachother at all. Greater distance tends to take greater focus to properly control both bodies, and Xena tends to keep herself together. (Just a note, actually Xena's snake body is the only one able to communicate. She is, however, an incredibly talented vantriliquist and often throws the voice to make it appear as if the Puppet body can talk as well, even if the snake is biting something or even asleep.)
Her weapon of choice is a bean-filled hackysack. Xena uses it as a projectile. She has the strength/skill to throw the hackysack with about the same force of a proffesional baseball pitcher. While she has pretty good aim, the downside is that once she has thrown the hackysack she has no more long-distance fighting options untill she gets it back.When she isn't using the hackysack, such as in more close combat battle, Xena carries it on the top of her head.
Personality: Xena has the personality and intelligence of a human 8-year-old. She is very curious of the world. She is guillible, has a short attention span, and is considerably naive and opptomistic. It isn't very often when she takes things seriously, most of the time following the desire to play and have fun . However, her definition of "playing" and "fun" is of violent battling. Xena doesn't quiet understand the concept of pain or of the permenance of death. She has the selfishness of a bratty young child and doesn't really think about the prediciments or feelings of others. Xena is also a sore-looser, often throwing fits and calling others "cheaters" or "jerks" when she looses. Likewise, she doesn't understand why others tend to be scared or creeped out by her violence, slithery snake-voice, or unmoving stoic facial expression. Running away is an easy way to upset her.
History: Pretty unclear at the moment. Xena originates for the Toy Trolley, once famous for their magical living toys. The toy-maker kept how he gave life and intelligence to the inanimate objects a secret that followed him to the grave. All of his creations consisted of two bodies, an inanimate toy-body and an animal body. Xena was the only one of his creations to have such a violent, brutal concept of playing and likly was the one who ulitimatly killed the toy maker and the other toys. She is also the only one of the Toy Trolley creations who cannot magically manipulate their inanimate body's face to make facial features and a voice.
You can see a picture of her here!

Boog

Ah, Arryo? I never said Boog vanished again. Seeing as his opponant's looking right at him, he kinda can't. You may wanna edit.

techmaster-glitch

whoops, just remembered to update the Character Index. Corgatha and Lucheek added, stygian removed.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Boogeyman on March 16, 2010, 06:44:18 PM
Ah, Arryo? I never said Boog vanished again. Seeing as his opponant's looking right at him, he kinda can't. You may wanna edit.
Ok, its fixed ; 3

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm something of a newbie to HC, but I've heard something about a book of monsters. I was thinking that if nobody was interested in Corgatha's challenge (and at least in my out of forum chatting, there seem to be few takers), I was hoping that Boog could open his book and throw something at the Asha'Man.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Boog

Ah, Arryo? Our fight seems to have stalled, want me to just end it with a circle containment breach?