Started by AndersW, November 02, 2007, 12:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 02, 2007, 01:49:27 AM
Quote from: Zina on November 02, 2007, 01:44:58 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on November 02, 2007, 01:39:02 AM
Quote from: Zina on November 02, 2007, 01:30:43 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on November 02, 2007, 01:16:28 AM
See, you've thrown out so much bullhonkery that you've left us jaded.  This is now rated a 'meh' on my surprise meter.

If Mana isn't amazed, NO ONE IS.
Try harder, Amber.
>:[

Sorry!  Perhaps if you actually fed me and gave me a blanket down here in this cold basement... :U

I told you, you have to EARN food and warmth. Have you earned it? >:[

:<

*Sneaks Amber some food and a small but easy to conceal blanket*

Shh! One of the stones in the wall has a strange design on it. You'll know it when you see it. It's loose, remove it and you'll find a place to hide the blanket. In a few days you will find the razor blade inside it. Then you know what to do.

Kenji

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Kenji on November 02, 2007, 03:52:11 PM
:batman  :mowninja
No feeding the artists!

Excuse me! they prefer to be called art monkeys.

Kenji

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 02, 2007, 03:53:36 PM
No feeding the artists!

Until she starts throwing stuff she shouldn't be, no monkey for her.

M

Huh. I sort of assumed Rose was an apprentice or admired Mab or something, seeing as how they dressed similarly. Didn't see "daughter" coming.

Dannysaysnoo

i just thought that they were old friends, it seemed sane at the time.

DarkAudit

I have a sneaking suspicion that the steamroller is circling the block for another go.

And she hasn't fired the nitrous yet. D:
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

LoneHowler

I noticed their antenna glow bits are both green is that a sign of family relation?
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Fuyudenki

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on November 02, 2007, 03:35:50 PM
In a few days you will find the razor blade inside it. Then you know what to do.

Down the road, not across the street?

Naldru

I was just wondering how long Mab has been holding the grudge about being exiled due to the fluffiness of her tale.  I would assume that it occurred after Rose was born but before Dan was about five years old.  The main question is how much contact Rose and Mab had during this period.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Saist

Quote from: Raist on November 02, 2007, 06:16:15 PM
In a few days you will find the razor blade inside it. Then you know what to do.

* je.saist grabs Janus and TGH, stuffs them in a trebuchet, then fires the both of them upon Raist.

superluser

Quote from: Sid on November 02, 2007, 11:33:48 AMDon't get me wrong, it's not a bad or underwhelming comic

Oop!  Forgot to add this.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Anri

Quote from: Naldru on November 02, 2007, 07:11:40 PM
I was just wondering how long Mab has been holding the grudge about being exiled due to the fluffiness of her tale.  I would assume that it occurred after Rose was born but before Dan was about five years old.  The main question is how much contact Rose and Mab had during this period.

Aha, but what if Mab can change her appearance! I have a kitsune character who got bored once, sort of a mid-life crisis after she hit 600ish and changed herback into a child form just to be young again! Of course.. she did get bored with that too but...

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Raist on November 02, 2007, 06:16:15 PM

You've got it! XD Sorry about that comic but I recently read 1984 and the razorblade idea stuck in my head.

*notices Janus and TGH flying at Raist*

I got it!

*grabs Kenji and tosses him, intercepting the other two*

DarkAudit

Quote from: Tikki on November 02, 2007, 11:12:10 PM

Aha, but what if Mab can change her appearance! I have a kitsune character who got bored once, sort of a mid-life crisis after she hit 600ish and changed herback into a child form just to be young again! Of course.. she did get bored with that too but...

There's also Danae/Flute/Aphrael. many centuries old, but chooses the appearance of a little girl.

ShiningShadow

But the question here is that when did Mab's had Rose i'm guessing age here in terms of a being i see Mab's at a age of mid to late twenties but in Fae years i'm thinking that Mab is maybe in the thousands of years old in this department. Because the age of Rose is somewhat similar to Mab of much younger like maybe 18 or 19. I'm wondering what age she went with somebody and have that night of passion and who is the father. But all in all that shocked me that Rose revealed she is Mab's daughter will wonders never cease.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: DarkAudit on November 02, 2007, 11:34:53 PM

There's also [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphrael#Aphrael]Danae/Flute/Aphrael[/url]. many centuries old, but chooses the appearance of a little girl.

It's easier to get cuddles that way - and that's where she's most dangerous.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Anri

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on November 03, 2007, 01:21:54 AM
Quote from: DarkAudit on November 02, 2007, 11:34:53 PM

There's also [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphrael#Aphrael]Danae/Flute/Aphrael[/url]. many centuries old, but chooses the appearance of a little girl.

It's easier to get cuddles that way - and that's where she's most dangerous.

Exactly! Also would help with filling the 'to hug' list.

Naldru

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 24, 2007, 06:35:04 PM
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on October 24, 2007, 03:58:10 PM
And then of course their is children of her own... but wouldn't she need the genetics of a spouse/life partner in any way? And on top of thought, I suppose it could be kind of weird to have your mother as your child...
What about gender though... where does that fit in? Is each soul a set specific?

Considering the means in which Fae have children, one doesn't necessarily need a partner or even a particular gender for that matter.  There have been many times when there was only one parent.  Or the one parent is considered male.  The way it works tends to involve more *poof* "Theres a bebe" than any actual pregnancy.   Most Fae do like to have children as a couple though, they find it delightful.

QuoteTime travel stories always affect me because of implications such as these.
Also, does this place Rose as just short of 100, or did she only recently get out to the mortal world?

Rose is just short of 600.  And she's only recently started hanging around in mortal worlds.  There is quite a bit to do in the Fae world after all.
I just looked through the old posts again and it seems I was mistaken in my memories.  One possibility is that she have come to the mortal worlds soon after her mother's self-imposed exile.  Which would put the length of her separation from the Fae world at about a century.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Zedd

I need some ice...Head is still hurting from all the crazyness

DarkAudit

Quote from: Zedd on November 03, 2007, 02:01:56 PM
I need some ice...Head is still hurting from all the crazyness

Here's the ice. I took the liberty of surrounding it with a glass of scotch for you.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 03, 2007, 01:18:19 AM
But the question here is that when did Mab's had Rose i'm guessing age here in terms of a being i see Mab's at a age of mid to late twenties but in Fae years i'm thinking that Mab is maybe in the thousands of years old in this department. Because the age of Rose is somewhat similar to Mab of much younger like maybe 18 or 19. I'm wondering what age she went with somebody and have that night of passion and who is the father. But all in all that shocked me that Rose revealed she is Mab's daughter will wonders never cease.

Had you been reading some of the other conversations in older topics you'd know that Rose is about 600 years old.

You'd also know that fae having babies does not require sexual interaction, or two parents even, nor does the parent in a case of there only being one have to be considered female (Therefore I believe it's safe to assume that in the case of two parents they don't have to be of the opposite sex. It's also possible that a fae could have more than two parents, but who knows with Amber). Instead it's just that once the soul is in the process of being recycled after it has decided to "die" it goes to whatever parent(s) is/are chosen, or to one at random if a parent is not selected after a certain amount of time of the soul being "dead". Then it's more of a "...*Poof* 'There's a baby'..." scenario, as Amber so elegantly put it.

Also, I don't think it's possible to label a fae as being at any certain stage in life, because they could live forever if they wanted to.

<.<
>.>

Why's everybody looking at me weird? I can pay attention sometimes too!

Azraelle

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 02, 2007, 03:53:36 PM
No feeding the artists!

I thought I was the only one who used the term "art monkey."  It's on my business cards.

Naldru

I know that they say that artists are supposed to starve and suffer for their art.

However, if we let Amber starve, we'll suffer mightily by not being able to read more.

Is egoboo nourishing?

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Azraelle on November 03, 2007, 11:57:19 PM
I thought I was the only one who used the term "art monkey."  It's on my business cards.

I will try to remember that!

Quote from: Naldru on November 04, 2007, 12:35:39 AM
I know that they say that artists are supposed to starve and suffer for their art.

However, if we let Amber starve, we'll suffer mightily by not being able to read more.

Is egoboo nourishing?

And that is my reasoning for feeding her!

LionHeart

Agreed. Too much starving and suffering interferes with the creative process.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: LionHeart on November 04, 2007, 06:49:23 AM

Agreed. Too much starving and suffering interferes with the creative process.

it also delays the updates. DARN YOUU!!!!!!!!!!!

Madmann135

Mab is a master of transformations.  When Dan was younger she had the appearance of a child.  Forgot what strip that was but Mab looked so child like and cute.  Mab still acts like a child at times but her years and wisdom show through at random times.

Now that Dan is probably going to live a few thousand years I think Mab will keep the teen-ish look for a while.

Though one question comes to mind.  Who IS Rose's dad (if she has one considering Fae are Big on recycling).  Considering how Pyro made the joke about coming to Lost lake to protect Dan and Pyro was from the Future, which he denounced a second later.
For all we know Rose could be part cubi (Dan's daughtor considering how she acts at times) but I doubt that's the case. 

Probably Mab got lucky and is an only parent to a bright (and troublesome) daughter.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 04, 2007, 08:20:18 AM
Mab is a master of transformations.  When Dan was younger she had the appearance of a child.  Forgot what strip that was but Mab looked so child like and cute.  Mab still acts like a child at times but her years and wisdom show through at random times.

Now that Dan is probably going to live a few thousand years I think Mab will keep the teen-ish look for a while.

Though one question comes to mind.  Who IS Rose's dad (if she has one considering Fae are Big on recycling).  Considering how Pyro made the joke about coming to Lost lake to protect Dan and Pyro was from the Future, which he denounced a second later.
For all we know Rose could be part cubi (Dan's daughtor considering how she acts at times) but I doubt that's the case. 

Probably Mab got lucky and is an only parent to a bright (and troublesome) daughter.

I still say that Pyro is from the future somehow. how else would he know everything?

Rambon

You know... it could be that she SEES Mab as a mother figure....i got a lot of friends that call me  "mom" even thou I'm only like a year older than them :hug