Dreamcast

Started by jakshep3, October 20, 2007, 11:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakshep3

what are the best dreamcast games??? :zombiekun2

superluser

Shenmue.

Also, Shenmue.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Saist

Grandia II
Skies of Arcadia
Alien Front Online
jet Set Radio / Jet Grind Radio
Crazy Taxi 1 & 2
Record of Lodoss War

superluser

Soul Calibur was very popular.

Never played it.

Evolution I and II were OK.  What else?  I always saw the Ecco the Dolphin stuff at the Gamestop, but I have no clue what it was and suspect that I'd hate it.  House of the Dead was OK.  Blue Stinger was crap (but I am told that I supposedly liked it).  Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm was worth playing, though I wouldn't call it great.  Gauntlet was OK (if you like Gauntlet).

jakshep3

the house of the dead 2 is very good as i get a little urge to get out the lightgun and get square eyes, and sonic adventure 2 was surprisingly good, and I'd like to try the daytona USA game for it as i had played the saturn version of the game in an amusement arcade when i was about five or six.
that's it for now, jakshep3 :zombiekun2

Fuyudenki

why has nobody mentioned...

Sonic Adventure 2

gh0st

Quote from: Raist on October 25, 2007, 12:33:38 PM
why has nobody mentioned...

Sonic Adventure 2

YES!!!!!! AH YES!! finally somebody else but me ok best game for the dreamcast is (drum roll) sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2 also if you ask me sega came out with a sonic game thats sorta like mario party... i loved that game... anyways i used to love the dreamcast to the point where i sniffed the ozone emanating from the sweet electronic insides!!!! :boogie

Saist

Sonic Shuffle. and that /sucked/ big time.

Sonic Adventure 1&2 were decent games... the real problem being you didn't actually play as Sonic for "most" of the game. It is a problem Sega still has today. They get parts of a 3D sonic game right, but nobody tells them when to STOP adding stuff and just leave it at Sonic.

Kenji

Sonics, Shenmue, House of the Dead 2, RE: Code Veronica, Zombie Revenge, Ecco from what I hear, Phantasy Star, Power Stone 1 but especially 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2.

King Of Hearts

I dunno Phantasy star was pretty meh to me...

the DC controller inst particularly kind to fighting games but id also recommend Tech romancer.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: je.saist on October 20, 2007, 04:19:31 PMGrandia II
Skies of Arcadia
Alien Front Online
jet Set Radio / Jet Grind Radio
Crazy Taxi 1 & 2
Record of Lodoss War
arrgh... dunno about others, but SOA is to me the worst RPG I've ever played.

and those who like fighting games, I'll recommend KOF series, DC has KOF 98 through 2002
a great pick is Metropolis Street Racer too

Quotethe DC controller inst particularly kind to fighting games but id also recommend Tech romancer.
good to know someone else remembers TR :3
tho I don't think the DC controller is bad for fighting games.
Crapcom insisted on having those damn middle punch/middle kick buttons, which doesn't have any use except for Killer Instinct (which is not made by Crapcom anyway)
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zedd

Im surpized no one mentioned Seamen. *watches half the fourm leave*
Heh heh..Lets see when I mention...LOL (Lack Of Love) A game people rarely even knew about for one reason...It had no language barrier...And it was full arthouse of gameness..You can spend doing one thing most games dont have anymore..Fun

Saist

Quotearrgh... dunno about others, but SOA is to me the worst RPG I've ever played.

Then you sir. Wouldn't know a great RPG if it smacked you in the face. Skies of Arcadia was one the best classical RPG's ever made, as well as being considered one of the few games making the Dreamcast worth a buy.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: je.saist on October 26, 2007, 05:53:29 PMThen you sir. Wouldn't know a great RPG if it smacked you in the face. Skies of Arcadia was one the best classical RPG's ever made, as well as being considered one of the few games making the Dreamcast worth a buy.
might be for many people, but not for someons intolerant for clichés as I am. heck, come on, the game starts with a girl being kidnapped O.o

wound have been a great game if the aspects the game shound be know for - the pirate part, exploring the world in an airship and ship-so-ship battles weren't ruined by and overgrown population of monsters and a minority of ship battles, respectively... oh yeah, it would help a lot if the ground battle system didn't look like leftovers from the 80's and the female characters weren't so useless.

I'm glad there's no sight of SOA2 in the horizon

Don't go blame me, I've seen lots of reviews of peoples who hated the game for about the same reason.

Grandia II, that is a great game, Finished it 3 times and would finish it again anytime. the battles are real fun and the story is really a masterpiece, unlike SOA
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

superluser

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 26, 2007, 06:28:02 PMmight be for many people, but not for someons intolerant for clichés as I am. heck, come on, the game starts with a girl being kidnapped O.o

Oh, yeah.  SoA had clichés up the wazoo. (and half the characters--especially EikoFina and BeatrixBelleza--were blatant rips, but that's true of just about every RPG)  It was still fun to play, though.

Actually, I thought that Grandia II's story was far more clichéd.  The battle progression was much more innovative, and I think it's to date the only game where I've used all of the characters' attacks.  Usually, I'll just use attack, or combo/special moves or magic or items, but in Grandia, you actually had incentives to use all of them.