What graphics art tablet schould I get?

Started by GundamX67, October 06, 2006, 08:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GundamX67

Hi everyone, I have a guestion for any drawers out there. I'm getting a Wacom art tablet, but I'm considering other choices. Does anyone recremend tablets that are cheap, yet are still moderately nice?

Thanks.
Peace, and visit my comic here!--> http://www.drunkduck.com/Ergaon_Independance/index.php?p=88876

P.S. The art Will get better, and I appreciate all help or comments I receive.

Have a great day!

Zedd

Get what you need not want as they say in buying stuff

LionHeart

The Wacoms are definitely the good ones - I can tell you both from my personal experience, and from my own research on the net when I was shopping around for one myself.

The basic models are the Graphire series - I use a Graphire3 4x5 model, and I love it.

My first tablet was an Acecad Flair, which worked very well - until I upgraded my computer, and couldn't find any way to get it to work under Windows XP. *sigh* So, I shopped around, and found my Graphire, and I've never looked back.

Hope this helps.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Aridas

Quote from: LionHeart on October 07, 2006, 05:17:03 AM
The Wacoms are definitely the good ones - I can tell you both from my personal experience, and from my own research on the net when I was shopping around for one myself.

The basic models are the Graphire series - I use a Graphire3 4x5 model, and I love it.

My first tablet was an Acecad Flair, which worked very well - until I upgraded my computer, and couldn't find any way to get it to work under Windows XP. *sigh* So, I shopped around, and found my Graphire, and I've never looked back.

Hope this helps.
couldn't even get a website with drivers?

Shadrok

I use a Wacom Graphire 3 tablet and it work fine for me, bought it for about $100 and it included two art programs (Corel Painter Essentials 2 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2).

My preciousssss. >3

GundamX67

Thanks a bunch, everyone! I'm definately Wacom 3, then. I hope to get some of my artwork redone with it. It should be coming in this week. :mowcookie

Nikki

Ok guys...for Christmas...

SOMEONE GET ME A TABLET!!! *crywhimperwhine*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

GabrielsThoughts

ok, at the risk of necromancing the thread two days late, You can get cheap tablet off of amazon, I only use for hair detail and touch up and even spending $50 is still a lot of money for nothing, everything else can be done with a mouse and software, Sometimes more effectively. Tablets are good for touch ups, or flash though so it depends on what you need.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

He's not used to seeing such an old post, not realizing that this is the only place that can happen, so his mind assumes it would have to have existed only in 2007 (and beyond)

or something like that. Get back to me when I have my brain with me.

xHaZxMaTx

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on October 17, 2007, 02:08:04 AM
He's not used to seeing such an old post, not realizing that this is the only place that can happen, so his mind assumes it would have to have existed only in 2007 (and beyond)

I figured, which was why I merely commented, rather than castigation and locking of the thread...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

Well technically that's what it's here for anyways, right? For referrence.
And except for the fact that this advice wont help the original poster anymore (assuming they managed to get a tablet. If they didn't, chances are they didn't want one that badly to begin with). However, new people requiring this information could find it valuable.

Just some thoughts.