[Art] My first bit of posted art

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, October 11, 2007, 11:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

If you don't count way back when I started reading webcomics and tried my hand at a rather simple and silly sprite one.

link'd since I didn't feel like messing around with resizing

Anyways, my first scan is a freehand sketch using a google image searched photo as a reference. I did it on regular lined paper since that's what I had available at the time I decided to do this. Comments welcome, but I think it turned out quite nicely considering some of the stuff in my old sketchbook.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Faerie Alex

The near ear looks a bit rigid to me...or maybe it's angular. Other than that, it's rather nice.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

techmaster-glitch

Huh. That's pretty good. Missing it's paws, though :P

Kitsune Ascendant

reference photo had them hidden in the grass and I'm just beginning. Might do another sketch this weekend.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Sienna Maiu - M T

Well... I guess I better post something...

I like it. It starts off well, although there does appear to be something strange with the haunches (I'm not really one to talk though...) and that one ear.
I like that you did it in lead.

Well, my links to other windows aren't opening, so I'm going based off what I remember from seeing it last night.

Tezkat

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on October 12, 2007, 03:31:08 PM
I like it. It starts off well, although there does appear to be something strange with the haunches

I'd say that the hind legs look slightly off because the bones of the upper and lower leg should be roughly the same length on a canine, so digitigrade ankles would normally be visible in a picture like that. Right now, the rear looks almost like a plantigrade biped bending over.

Aside from that, it's pretty good.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...