Quote from: Netrogo on September 21, 2007, 12:57:58 PM
Quote from: Netrogo on September 21, 2007, 07:45:43 AM
Edit: Fixed suseptible for you. ;-]

Thanks Llearch, where would I be without your edit ninja skills. :mowninja

... much better off?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kalika36

notice how fae psychoticism goes hand in hand with baked goods. and on another note that view of the "angry anti-violent" mab seems like she could turn very pro violent very quickly...case in point: Super Mab v Molesternator

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_293.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_805.php

Wanderer

QuoteBrilliant.  Not to dissect the wonderful punchline too much, but when Fae are basically all-powerful, how do you enforce a restraining order against them?
Perceptions. Make the Fae believe that the law which enforces said restraining order is inviolate. Shouldn't be too hard, since the Fae are all about acting out "roles" in the world anyway.

It's kind of like what's been done with children in schools for ages: the children could, if they wanted, rise up and throw out all the teachers and faculty and staff and never have to study again. After all, there are far more students than any of those others. But there is an ingrained and unconscious belief that those adults have authority over them, which allows the adults to keep them under control. These days it doesn't always work, as there have been kids who were raised to never accept that ANYONE has authority over them. But for the majority, to varying degrees, it works.

Thus, the Fae. If they believe they are under the authority of that law, then they'll obey it. If they don't, the police will come along (authority figure!) and send them to the principal's office, figuratively speaking. Sure, they could fight, blow people up, and simply not go, but it's a lot harder to challenge that ingrained belief of authority than one might think.

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Naldru

There is something bothering me.  If the bands are so obviously due to Albanion's actions, how come Mab didn't mention Albasnion when she saw the bands and instead went after Molestrog.  I'm not even going to think about Molestrog came from.

Is it possible that the Fae-Human could be Albanion in disguise.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on September 21, 2007, 07:13:31 PM
There is something bothering me.  If the bands are so obviously due to Albanion's actions, how come Mab didn't mention Albanion when she saw the bands and instead went after Molestrog

I'm not sure she did see them.  By the looks of it she jumped to a conclusion from Jyrras' body language, and then didn't spot them, being too preoccupied with Molestrog.

QuoteIs it possible that the Fae-Human could be Albanion in disguise.

I suppose it's possible, but why would Albanion want to slag himself off?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 21, 2007, 07:23:46 PM

Are you expecting rational behavior?  Here?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alondro

Maybe Mab doesn't know about the bands since she's been exiled for so long from the Fae kingdom?  We don't know when he started into the habit of doing that.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

All things are possible.  I just had the weirdest vision of seeing Jyrras waking up in the morning and saying to Lorenda, "I just had the weirdest dream".

Edit:

Quote from: Alondro on September 21, 2007, 07:37:29 PM
Maybe Mab doesn't know about the bands since she's been exiled for so long from the Fae kingdom?  We don't know when he started into the habit of doing that.

If you look at the scene with Nutmeg, Albanion, and the Girl Scouts, you'll see that Nutmeg uses the word "I", indicating that this is before Nubmeg became Queen.  Since Mab left after Nutmeg became Queen, this means that Albanion was acting like this while Mab was around.

Before you complain, I know I'm being logical, and I previously said that the only logical assumption about the Fae realm was that nothing was logical.

Is it possible that the Fae-Human could be Albanion in disguise.
If Albanion was disguised as the Fae-Human, he would be acting a role as the Fae-Human and Fae will go to extreme lengths to stay in character.

I have now totally exhausted my quota of logical thought for the night.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Naldru on September 21, 2007, 07:44:44 PM
If Albanion was disguised as the Fae-Human, he would be acting a role as the Fae-Human and Fae will go to extreme lengths to stay in character.
We've definitely seen this before. Look back a few strips to where Nutmeg was disguised (not very well) as Albanion.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Reese Tora

QuoteIs it possible that the Fae-Human could be Albanion in disguise.

:3 who said the bands themselves actually did anything?  Maybe Albanion is here in disguise in order to cause the horrible things that he promised by placing them.  Maybe he's talking himself up(down) like that in order to gain Jyrras's trust and make it easier to enact his vengeance.  Maybe he just likes cross dressing as mythical creatures and/or has MPD?

There is something bothering me.  If the bands are so obviously due to Albanion's actions, how come Mab didn't mention Albasnion when she saw the bands and instead went after Molestrog.  I'm not even going to think about Molestrog came from.

I don't think she saw the bands; Jyrras had his back turned to mab when she first saw him after the bands were palced, and she immediately hugs him from behind before quick-changing clothes and flying away.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation