9/15/07 AS #98 Plan B always come out messy

Started by Zedd, September 15, 2007, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

*Charline smirks*  You're all forgetting one thing as you contemplate survival probabilities of the remaining characters:  only those that appear in the present-time comic are safe.  The rest will almost surely die, for Amber must sate her demonic bloodlust... for blood and death and stuff.

In fact, the entire town could be exterminated!  Only Abel and Kria are guaranteed survival.  It'd be just like anime flashbacks in Naruto...

*listens to Amber scream in torment at the comparison*

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2007, 06:46:52 AM
Quote from: Lone_Wolf on September 15, 2007, 06:28:35 AM
What's Abel doing? Still paralyzed by his scratch? Or.........
My money is on a dead faint.
I agree. Abel had a screaming panic fit with just a trickle of blood down his muzzle: I imagine by now the whole room is... erm... substantially redecorated.   :erk

I wonder: remembering the "success" of Aniz reciting his big revelatory speech, does he remember what his backup plan was supposed to be? After all, he's SNAFU'd pretty much everything else...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Caswin

Quote from: Turnsky on September 15, 2007, 11:00:55 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 15, 2007, 10:43:59 AM
Obligatory out there theory with absolutely no grounding in reality or what I actually think will happen!

- Aniz uses morphing skills to clean himself up and look presentable.
- He then proceeds to paint May red with Hennya's blood.
- Screaming-wild mother is taken by the law while the father gets to abscond with his catatonic son.
a perfectly plausible scenario.
Frighteningly so. (Seriously.  I'm creeped out, and it hasn't even happened.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

AnizInDisguise

This probably makes me a horrible person, but I'm just liking Aniz even more because of this page. Kill me now. AND THAT MEANS YOU CHARLINE!

Sajoli

I get the feeling that May is doomed. :(
I honestly think that Aniz is all the cooler for this page. His mood swing-type things make me laugh. So does the arm.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Sajoli on September 15, 2007, 11:45:51 AM
I get the feeling that May is doomed. :(
I honestly think that Aniz is all the cooler for this page. His mood swing-type things make me laugh. So does the arm.

You know, even if Aniz doesn't kill her, she'd still eventually die of old age long before the current timeline..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Naldru

Quote from: Alondro on September 15, 2007, 11:20:03 AM
*Charline smirks*  You're all forgetting one thing as you contemplate survival probabilities of the remaining characters:  only those that appear in the present-time comic are safe.  The rest will almost surely die, for Amber must sate her demonic bloodlust... for blood and death and stuff.

In fact, the entire town could be exterminated!  Only Abel and Kria are guaranteed survival.  It'd be just like anime flashbacks in Naruto...

*listens to Amber scream in torment at the comparison*

>:3
If Aniz has a good bring them back to life spell, it isn't assured that Abel will escape death.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

rabid_fox

May really oughtn't to die, otherwise the keystone speech of the whole story so far (Flowers on grave) become virtually defunct.

I just like the use of perspective on this one. A gruesome scene sanatised, but not censored.

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2007, 09:48:35 AM
Not to prolong this OT thread much further, I'll just point out that the problem I had with Night and Day is that he tries to change the setting retroactively.  I mean, after having spent 17 years writing a well-received and well-thought-out swords-and-sorcery fantasy series set in an unknown world, he suddenly woke up one day and decided he wanted to be an SF writer instead.  IMHO he did a totally craptacular job of it, attempting to retroactively change the setting to far-future Earth and coming up with an 'explanation' for magic that breaks continuity with the rest of the series.  All in all, I was deeply disappointed.

Bloodstones and John Shannow again? Yeah, that sortof annoyed me, back about three or four years ago, when I ran across it.

Probably why I haven't kept up with his stuff - still, when he does S&S, he does them well. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Well, now we know why he was cursing in the last comic. Killing Hennya was bad, and everyone will know about it, because she's supposed to be having a wedding. Who were the people who speculated that?

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Alondro

*Charles hmms and has it!*  Plan B is actually a wacky bit of humor!  Aniz shapeshifts into Henya and marries the person she was supposed to marry!  And thus many hilarious antics ensue, kinda like "Tootsie"! 

:mowhappy
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Naldru

Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 15, 2007, 11:53:12 AM
You know, even if Aniz doesn't kill her, she'd still eventually die of old age long before the current timeline..

Well, I see at least two methods that May could be alive in the current timeline: suspended animation and bottling preserves.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Alondro on September 15, 2007, 03:19:15 PM
*Charles hmms and has it!*  Plan B is actually a wacky bit of humor!  Aniz shapeshifts into Henya and marries the person she was supposed to marry!  And thus many hilarious antics ensue, kinda like "Tootsie"! 

Why haven't you killed me yet Charline? I TOLD YOU TO KILL ME!

*Pokes Charline to anger her*

Angel

:giggle Aniz's expression in the last panel is really funny.

I'm not gonna offer any speculation this time around. No reason; I just don't have any.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Alondro

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on September 15, 2007, 04:03:10 PM

*Charline hmphs* You ain't the boss of me!  In fact, I'm going to make sure you live for a really really long time now just to spite you!   >:3

pseudocompulsion

Woah.  I was all kinds of wrong. Fair 'nuff.  Way to go to everyone who called that the problem was Aniz having lost control.

So now what?  I would assume that "plan B" involves silencing May in some way.  I'm also going to assume that the law he broke was against the killing of a Creature, meaning that Aniz may be stuck facing the Creature council.  Their punishment could be why we don't know Aniz in the DMFA timeline...

We'll see, I guess.

EDIT: Or he'll just bamf himself and Abel out of there.  To SAIA, maybe?  We know that he knows Fa'lina, so maybe she'd help him out.

Tapewolf

Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 15, 2007, 05:58:18 PM
So now what?  I would assume that "plan B" involves silencing May in some way.
EDIT: Or he'll just bamf himself and Abel out of there.  To SAIA, maybe?  We know that he knows Fa'lina, so maybe she'd help him out.

Yeah. 'Grab him and go' would be the sensible option.  After all... why complicate things any further?

If we look at strip 92/94, we'll see that his plan always was to leave, presumably with Abel, and since he mentions Fa'Lina in the same breath, it seems quite logical that his plan is to take Abel to SAIA.

QuoteI'm also going to assume that the law he broke was against the killing of a Creature, meaning that Aniz may be stuck facing the Creature council.  Their punishment could be why we don't know Aniz in the DMFA timeline...
I don't know if they had a Being-Creature council then.  Someone suggested that it was a fairly recent development, e.g. within the last 30 years.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 15, 2007, 05:58:18 PM
Actually, I was thinking of him teleporting Abel, May, himself, and the pieces of Hennya to  Saia where he would give a speech something like the following.

"Look, I know you told me I'd mess it up.  I know I messed it up.  Could you please help me put her back together again.  Then we can argue about the rest."

Edit:  I seem to remember something about Aaryanna discussing taking Merlitz's soul and putting it in some jewelery for her to keep, but had a feeling that Merlitz wouldn't like it.  Does anybody remember where that was in the archives?  I just hope that that isn't a standard Cubi method of ending relationships.  He could still put flowers on May's grave and then tell her about it.

Edit to edit:  Thanks Tapewolf.  That explains  why I couldn't find it by going through the archive.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on September 15, 2007, 06:26:55 PM
I seem to remember something about Aaryanna discussing taking Merlitz's soul and putting it in some jewelery for her to keep, but had a feeling that Merlitz wouldn't like it.

That's from Aary's journal: http://aary-kitty.livejournal.com/

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Regal

Ugh. Aniz is reminding me of the kind of guy who beats the crap out of his wife, all the while telling her she made him do it.

Manawolf

**** sake, they never taught you nonlethal measures.  You hold no excuse, may you pay the price in full as the devils flay your carcass on a daily basis.

thegayhare

Am I a bad person for thinking he might absentmindedly take abite out of her arm while he tried to figure something out

Kaerou

All hope may not be lost!

Maybe he'll bring her back as an undead.

Plan B: Zombies!

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Reese Tora

Quote from: Alondro on September 15, 2007, 05:32:19 PM
Quote from: AnizInDisguise on September 15, 2007, 04:03:10 PM

*Charline hmphs* You ain't the boss of me!  In fact, I'm going to make sure you live for a really really long time now just to spite you!   >:3

That's just what He wants you to think. D:  You're falling into his evil trap. :U

I don't have much to go on, but my opinion is that the 'rules' Aniz broke are rules that apply only to him and only in the 'here and now'.  I think that, at best, he's lost a bet,a nd at worst he's failed in the rules/orders that he may be following from higher up.  Kinda like a soldier or a cop breaking the 'rules of engagement', perhaps by killing an innoscent by stander.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

pseudocompulsion

Quote from: Reese Tora on September 15, 2007, 08:06:58 PM
Kinda like a soldier or a cop breaking the 'rules of engagement', perhaps by killing an innoscent by stander.

I would agree with you, if it weren't for that word "laws." If the guidelines were situation-specific, I'd've thought he would've said "rules."

superluser

Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 15, 2007, 05:58:18 PMEDIT: Or he'll just bamf himself and Abel out of there.

I don't think he has a warp-aci.  So maybe smoke bomb and run out the door?

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 15, 2007, 06:23:57 PMI don't know if they had a Being-Creature council then.  Someone suggested that it was a fairly recent development, e.g. within the last 30 years.

There's no reason for it to go to the Being-Creature Council.  We don't know how old the Creature Council is, though.

Also, to further comment on why Aniz shouldn't try to frame May, it would be pretty hard to convince a jury that May had the means to instantaneously slice Hennya into 9 pieces while tearing her arm off.  And without means, you wouldn't even need to go to motive or opportunity.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Amber Williams

Quote from: superluser on September 15, 2007, 08:25:52 PM
Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 15, 2007, 05:58:18 PMEDIT: Or he'll just bamf himself and Abel out of there.

You don't need a warp-aci to be able to teleport.  Warp-Aci at their best are simply novelty ways to show off as they do your teleporting and simple errands for you.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 15, 2007, 08:30:15 PM
Quote from: superluser on September 15, 2007, 08:25:52 PM

You don't need a warp-aci to be able to teleport.  Warp-Aci at their best are simply novelty ways to show off as they do your teleporting and simple errands for you.

Tapewolf's probably going to like that little piece of information ;)

Or is this old news?

superluser

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 15, 2007, 08:31:49 PMOr is this old news?

I certainly wasn't aware of it.  Maybe this means that all `cubi can teleport?  Quick!  Before she gets away, let's pin Amber down and force her to reveal more secrets!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?