Disney steals idea? No way! ;P

Started by Alondro, August 24, 2007, 11:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

I-I just can't believe this accusation!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070824/ap_on_en_tv/hannah_montana_lawsuit

Imagine!  Who would EVER believe that the stalwart and honest Walt Disno Corpo. would STEAL someone's idea and not even give them credit!  It's unheard of!  It's slander!  It's rape!  I'll not stand for it!  I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!   :cuss :tantrum :headdesk :chainsaw :gun1

In case you didn't know, I was being sarcastic.   :villagepeople
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

xHaZxMaTx

Oh?  So you're all for it, then, eh? :P

Zedd

Well I know one thing for sure..Alittle off topic but it has to do with Disney..I cant belive this horror myself...Their going to direct the new Turok game..

superluser

Quote from: The Fine ArticleThe story was about a junior high school student who lived a secret double life as a rock star, according to the lawsuit.

Disney didn't steal it from Buddy Sheffield, they stole it from Hasbro:

And I'm not sure that I'd want people to know that I'd come up with a plot like that.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Netrogo

The list of things Disney has stolen over the years is probably long enough to be printed on paper, hung from the CN tower, and reach the ground.

The list of things Disney has lost lawsuits over however, not so long.

I remember having a huge discussion with someone once about this but the only one in particular that comes to mind is Monsters Inc. Someone had actually brought the idea of Monsters Inc to Disney a few years before they started making it, however Disney turned around and proved that their film was JUST different enough to count legally as a seperate idea.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

superluser

Quote from: Netrogo on August 24, 2007, 04:43:47 PMThe list of things Disney has lost lawsuits over however, not so long.

Indeed.  Ever hear of Twin Books?  It's been a long time since I've read the ruling, but they argued that Bambi was in the public domain so that they could take it out of the public domain.

And they won.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

RJ

Hannah Montanna both confuses and annoys me. (No really, I don't know what's happening in that show. Is she like the Superman version of a pop star where if she puts on a wig she's suddenly unrecognisable?)

Zedd

Side note..IF you tell Disney of anything they made in the past or refuze put on VHS or DVD..They will look at you like a deer to a couple carlights

GabrielsThoughts

yes, Disney needs to make a sequel to Songs of the South, then re release the  original along with an unrated version of both films, and then market it to young children, and they can use modern technology,  to edit out the violent language of the film.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Netrogo

There is one time that I remember Disney losing big (and still losing to this day) it involved Alladin and Robin Williams.

In a nutshell, to get Williams on for the Genie rather then paying him a ton of money they offered him a percentage of the gross (The gross being the total money the film makes, ever) Disney didn't expect the film to do as well as it did. I forget the exact details (and I'm too lazy to look it up) but the amount they owed him when all was said and done was somewhere between ten and twenty million I think, but they refused to pay him. So he took them to court. The court case, and Williams anger about them trying to backstab him, were the reasons he didn't play the genie in the sequel.

Either way, Williams won the case hands down cuz he had the contract all nice and legal like.

Alondro

When I take over the world, I'll subject every Disney exec to watching an endless marathon of the old Smurfs movie.   I expect ~68% mortality after the first 24 hours.  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Netrogo

Quote from: Alondro on August 25, 2007, 10:32:29 PM
I expect ~68% mortality after the first 24 hours.  >:3

We should be so lucky... :blankstare