08/24/07 [#810] yo mamma

Started by AndersW, August 24, 2007, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

Abel- Before I am completely honest with you, could you put down that axe?

Dan- Sure

Abel- and sit down, quietly, over there

Dan- ooookay

Abel- and wait a half an hour for me to drive to an undisclosed location where I will use a public telephone to call you and tell you

Dan- Really, how could it possibly be that bad

30 minutes later

Abel- *whisper whisper*

Dan- You know, I will try to kill you now, I think if i concentrate hard enough I can do it over the phone

Abel- *choke noises*
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Fuyudenki

Nice, Brun.  I like it.

And yeah, Amber has said that Ed and Abel never met.  Multiple times, in fact.

Also, just to help stay out of conspiracyland, what she's mentioned about the inner workings of hybrid genetics indicates that Ed could not possibly be Aniz in another disguise, even if what we know about the plot does allow it, because that would make 'Lexsi a succubus, and she's a very confirmed Being.

Similar to how we ought to all know that May was a Being.  Abel got most of his phisical characteristics from her, and what's been said before is that most hybrid offspring take most physical characteristics from the Being parent, but are of the Creature parent's species.

She's also mentioned that such rules are subject to change, of course...

Yeah, I think I'm guessing with the ones who say thumpa-thumpa was involved.  Also, on a totally unrelated note, I smell watermelon right now.(the artificial flavoring which doesn't taste anything like watermelon, by the way, not the actual fruit.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raist on August 24, 2007, 09:03:57 AM
Also, just to help stay out of conspiracyland, what she's mentioned about the inner workings of hybrid genetics indicates that Ed could not possibly be Aniz in another disguise, even if what we know about the plot does allow it, because that would make 'Lexsi a succubus, and she's a very confirmed Being.
Alexsi's mother was a Being, and we never saw her. I'm not convinced that a mix always results in a Creature.  This was one of the Devin theories - that Devin was Aniz' child, but he left when he saw Devin wasn't a Creature.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

How'z about this:  Destania is Aniz' sister!   :U  And Aniz is actually Dan's father's father!   :U  So Dan is the result of an incestual pairing... thus the reason he's a moron most of the time.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Paul

Quote from: Zina on August 24, 2007, 12:38:38 AMAbel and Destania totally boned.
That's my theory. And it's the right one. Or so I hear.

Heh. But why would that mean Abel saying something bad about her?

Unless...

"Dan, the horrible truth is... your mum gave me herpes."
"Oh..."

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2007, 09:30:05 AM
Alexsi's mother was a Being, and we never saw her. I'm not convinced that a mix always results in a Creature.  This was one of the Devin theories - that Devin was Aniz' child, but he left when he saw Devin wasn't a Creature.
I always figured the odds for Being-Creature offspring to be Being or Creature was fifty-fifty...

Rithm Alfortele

In which case... Edward is probably responsible for Aniz' demise.  In which case... "Go, person who killed my evil father!"
(I like how we're all assuming that Aniz is dead...)

Anyways... if it's not yaoi (and honestly, we have Jyrras and whatever Wildy writes for that stuff), then...

Abel boned Destania.
I'm gonna laugh if we're all wrong, though.

xHaZxMaTx

I'm gonna laugh if you're right!

GabrielsThoughts

did Abel sleep with Dan's mom?

Is Dan's mother really a man Cubi?

Find out next time on DMFA...
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zachski on August 24, 2007, 10:50:09 AM

In which case... Edward is probably responsible for Aniz' demise.  In which case... "Go, person who killed my evil father!"

That's been my working theory.  Despite their bickering and the bat incident, Abel is being very protective of Dan, seemingly because of the Edward connection.  Even the paint trick was ultimately for Dan's greater good.  It's like he owes the Ti'Fiona line really big, and ridding the world of his abusive father (who killed his mother's husband, and likely Hennya too) might fit the bill.

If Abel was jealous because Ed ended up with Dee instead of him, he ought to loathe or at least dislike Dan, kind of like Snape in Harry Potter 7 (minor spoiler!).  At the very least he would have pointed and laughed when Dan got molested by Nirfy.  Instead he was horrified and not just because of the robe.

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2007, 11:00:42 AM
Quote from: Zachski on August 24, 2007, 10:50:09 AM

That's been my working theory.  Despite their bickering and the bat incident, Abel is being very protective of Dan, seemingly because of the Edward connection.  Even the paint trick was ultimately for Dan's greater good.  It's like he owes the Ti'Fiona line really big, and ridding the world of his abusive father (who killed his mother's husband, and likely Hennya too) might fit the bill.

If Abel was jealous because Ed ended up with Dee instead of him, he ought to loathe or at least dislike Dan, kind of like Snape in Harry Potter 7 (minor spoiler!).  At the very least he would have pointed and laughed when Dan got molested by Nirfy.  Instead he was horrified and not just because of the robe.
Plenty of chalked up theories but as I said before...Amber holds the key to our answers and she'd never say anything unless it was 50% truthful

Naldru

Perhaps Abel is afraid that Dan would be upset at the idea of his mother teaching pain and terror at SAIA.  As an adventurer, Dan spends his life fighing creatures (except cubi) who spread pain and terror throughout the realm.  Abel had promised not to be a monster, and Destania was essentially teaching Abel how to be a monster.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alondro

The Edward-killed-Aniz hypothesis only works if the supposed killing happened only a few decades ago.  Let's not forget that Abel is, what was it, 400 years old? 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on August 24, 2007, 11:43:06 AM
The Edward-killed-Aniz hypothesis only works if the supposed killing happened only a few decades ago.  Let's not forget that Abel is, what was it, 400 years old? 
He's almost that but not yet kitty..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on August 24, 2007, 11:43:06 AM
I do not grok.  Edward can't be more than about 50.  Therefore, any interactions between Edward (Edward is specifically named) and Abel or his line can only have taken place within that timespan.

Do you think you can clarify what you meant?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zedd on August 24, 2007, 11:24:22 AM
Plenty of chalked up theories but as I said before...Amber holds the key to our answers and she'd never say anything unless it was much less than 50% truthful

Just edited that to be correct. Hope you don't mind, Zedd... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

I personally believe Amber to be truthful but deceptive.  Sometimes, what she says is not what you think she's saying.  In other words, tell the truth, but not necessarily the whole truth, and let the readers make fools of themselves with their assumptions.

By the way, I just noticed that Abel referred to Alexsi as being very scary.  Since Destania was an instructor of pain and terror, perhaps she gave Alexsi some private turoring.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Zedd

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 24, 2007, 12:09:40 PM
Quote from: Zedd on August 24, 2007, 11:24:22 AM
Plenty of chalked up theories but as I said before...Amber holds the key to our answers and she'd never say anything unless it was much less than 50% truthful

Just edited that to be correct. Hope you don't mind, Zedd... ;-]
Nah no problem amgio

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on August 24, 2007, 12:25:42 PM
I personally believe Amber to be truthful but deceptive.  Sometimes, what she says is not what you think she's saying.  In other words, tell the truth, but not necessarily the whole truth, and let the readers make fools of themselves with their assumptions.

Heh. Confusion, there, methinks. I was referring to the ideas of everyone in channel being less than 50% truthful.

Amber herself, I believe she tells the truth as much as anyone.

Naldru

Er, if everyone here is less than 50% truthful, and Amber is as truthful as anybody here ...

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2007, 05:17:09 AMIt's kind of sweet that Abel isn't tempted to say it anyway out of revenge for the melon attack.

Well, you don't start fights for no reason.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2007, 11:00:42 AMIf Abel was jealous because Ed ended up with Dee instead of him

Yeah, I don't think it was ever anything serious enough for Abel to get jealous over.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2007, 11:49:35 AM
Quote from: Alondro on August 24, 2007, 11:43:06 AMThe Edward-killed-Aniz hypothesis only works if the supposed killing happened only a few decades ago.  Let's not forget that Abel is, what was it, 400 years old?
I do not grok.  Edward can't be more than about 50.  Therefore, any interactions between Edward (Edward is specifically named) and Abel or his line can only have taken place within that timespan.

I thought it was pretty simple.  For that to work, Aniz and Edward could never meet in Abel's story, and Aniz cannot have died more than 50 or so years ago.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

nikename2

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2007, 11:49:35 AM

That's not entirely accurate. Since we don't know the exact circumstances for why dragons have Ed, it's possible that mabye he was aligned with them at one point and traveled through time with them, until he did something to warrant his imprisonment.

Fuyudenki

I thought it was pretty obvious that the dragons are holding Ed hostage to get to Dee, which is also the only reason he's not dead yet.  If Edward and Destania had never married, Ed would have been happy-go-lucky free.

I should warn that this has never been explicitly mentioned in the comic, only vaguely implied, so there's a good reason that I'm very very wrong, but I'm shaving with Occam's razor.

Anyway, if Edward is to have done anything to make Abel think significantly of him, then it has to have happened within Ed's lifespan.  Also, I'm fairly sure Amber said that Abel felt a debt of gratitude towards Ed, even though they've never actually met.  This multiple times, as well.

Additionally, Amber has not confirmed that Aniz was Devin's father.  That, the community came up with on our own, and I personally think it's false.  Remember, there was some degree of surprise at Alexsi not being a succubus, and she explained that Dee was not her biological mother.  I think the odds for a Being/Creature offspring to be a Creature are significantly greater than 50/50.  My guess is closer to 9 in 10 in favor.

Because 100% is a lot closer to 90% than it is to 50%.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on August 24, 2007, 03:44:21 PM
Well, you don't start fights for no reason.
Dan started it.

QuoteI thought it was pretty simple.  For that to work, Aniz and Edward could never meet in Abel's story, and Aniz cannot have died more than 50 or so years ago.
That's self-evident.  I can't imagine anyone expecting Edward to turn up in Abel's story, because it was set 350 years before he was born.

Quote from: Xeksue on August 24, 2007, 03:50:39 PM
That's not entirely accurate. Since we don't know the exact circumstances for why dragons have Ed, it's possible that mabye he was aligned with them at one point and traveled through time with them, until he did something to warrant his imprisonment.
I don't know if they have time-travel.  We never figured out if Pyroduck was telling the truth about that.

nikename2

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2007, 04:53:26 PM
I don't know if they have time-travel.  We never figured out if Pyroduck was telling the truth about that.

Well we don't know if they don't got it either, so that one is kinda up in the air. For that matter it's possible that the reason behind why Abel feels he owes Ed could be based on a lie as well. A theoretical example being Fa'lina is sick of Abel spiraling into depression so she lies to Abel and says Aniz was killed by some adventurer linked to Ed or Ed himself. Why she would choose said name, I don't know, it could have been completely random, or she might have heard of Edward because of his adventuring antics.

AndersW

Here is the quote where I originally posted the Edward killed Aniz idea.

Quote from: AndersW on April 28, 2007, 12:31:46 PM
Lets see how well my first crazy theory holds water.

First a review of the relevant facts.

• Cid, Edward, and Aniz all have a reasonably similar appearance(fur color at least)
  • both Cid and Edward were adventures
  • Abel appears to owe Edward for something (See #527)
  • Amber has said that Abel and Edward have not actually met

For this theory lets assume that Cid was an actual person, and Aniz killed him and pretended to be Cid.  Lets say after Cid was married, but before Abel was conceived.  Aniz has likely done this sort of think in the past, and will continue to do so in the future.  He picks an adventure that looks reasonably similar to him, and kills them so he can pretend to be them.  Aniz probably tried to kill Edward so he could impersonate him, but Edward got the better of him and killed Aniz.  Lets say when Edward was married to his first wife, but before Alexi was conceived.(Don't want other siblings around that look normal)  Abel somehow hears that Edward killed Aniz, and feels he owes Edward.  It explains how Abel could owe Edward without having to ever meet him.

There it is, feel free to pick it to pieces.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raist on August 24, 2007, 04:09:18 PM
Additionally, Amber has not confirmed that Aniz was Devin's father.
That's why it's a theory and not fact :P

QuoteThat, the community came up with on our own, and I personally think it's false. 
This is true, but one good reason why the story about Devin's father is likely to be significant is that Amber included it over a longish stretch when she was also saying that Abel's Story was going on and on.  In other words, it could easily have been edited out.

Quote from: Xeksue on August 24, 2007, 05:04:55 PM
Well we don't know if they don't got [time-travel] either, so that one is kinda up in the air.
Yes, but it adds an extra supposition which we have very little evidence for.  Occam's Razor :B

The idea that Aniz might live until about 30 years ago until he is slain by an adventurer named Edward Ti'Fiona doesn't really require anything else to support it.  Unless of course Aniz is killed by Hennya in the next week or so  >:3

Naldru

My feeling was that the reason the bit about Devin's father was included was to provide Abel with a role model of somebody who faced a really crummy youth and managed to live with it.

I believe that this scene was the point of discussing Devin's father.

As I mentioned before, Aniz and Devin's father are totally different types of monsters.  Devin's father was looking for people he could dominate, while Aniz wanted people who would stand up to him.  Unless Aniz is suffering from multiple personalities, I can't see them being the same person.

However, there is another possibility if Abel felt a strong obligation to Destania.  Since Edward saved Destania's life, he might feel indebted to Edward for that reason.  As for why Edward and not Destania is mentioned in this scene, would you trust anything said by this sadistic doctor?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on August 24, 2007, 06:32:30 PM
However, there is another possibility if Abel felt a strong obligation to Destania.  Since Edward saved Destania's life, he might feel indebted to Edward for that reason.
A very elegant theory.  I'm impressed (and also going "why didn't I think of that?").

As for "why not Destania" - that's unexplained anyway, even if we completely ignore the Edward link.  Why didn't he mention it when he was flicking through Dan's file if he knew Destania that well?

llearch n'n'daCorna