Furrae: First Contact RP (OOC-discussion-Char. create/updates)

Started by KarlOmega1, August 11, 2007, 10:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

I have been thinking this over, and have come to one conclusion...It is better to RP than to write a fanfic. Therefore, instead of making a fanfic...I decided to make it an RP. The RP takes place 5 years after DMFA {I hope Amber will permit this}. Aliens visit furrae and crash land after experiencing a malfunction in the controls of their vessel. It is a mixed-genre RP...which means it's part Fantasy, part action/adventure, and part Sci-fi. In the RP, there are NPCs...these range from several types and subtypes:

Friendly
-Merchant/shopkeep: Sells and buys items...will be very helpful for when needing to pick up supplies or sell stuff you don't need.
-Restaurant/Tavern worker (merchant subtype): Restaurant workers sell and cook you food...tavern workers do the same, but also rent out rooms for the weary characters in need of sleep. Some are cheap, others can be expensive.
-Mercenaries/hireables: pay for some assistance when you need help for quests or whatever.
-information: these NPCs provide tips, hints and information...some for free, others for a small charge.
-other: Miscellaneous functions.

Aggressive: Any npc that likely will attack you...

Defensive/obstacle: any NPC or object that is meant to block your way until a certain action is performed.

Multi-type: The NPC that is this type can display any and all the traits mention above.

----------------------------------------

And as for players...the layout of the Character Sheet is this:

Name:
Age (birthdate if you want to be accurate):
Species:
Race*:
Class(Occupation)/Class lvl or Rank:
Money**:
Description: (eyes, skin/fur/scales, hair, Height)
Resistances:
Weaknesses:
Favorite element(s):
Items/inventory: (non-equipped items go here)
Equipment: (equipped items go here, start out with low level items)

Stats: (60 to start out with)
-Strength: Determines your atk damage when using non-projectiles, using unarmed combat, how high you can jump or how much muscle you can use to pick up and equip/use something.

-Dexterity: Determines how fast you can attack/use something, how fast you canrun/walk, how far can you jump, how good your defensive/evasive reflexes are.

-Health/integraty: Determines how long you will last during a fight...you are defeated if this reaches zero.

-Mana/Energy: determines magic or energy-using item's energy level.

Character lvl": (Determines how experienced your character is during the RP, starts out at level 1)

-Exp. Points: (determines the amount of experience your character has and how much is needed to level up)

(* Do not put Human as a race if the character is human, instead put the classification in the species field. Humans can be any race in this RP...yes I know I'm straying a bit off from the canon.)

(** Money is determined by gold and silver ...in that order. Each character will start out with 250 Gold and 0 silver. Each 100 silver equals 1 gold.)

(" Do not confuse Character lvl and Class lvl...they are two separate things. Also, to level up to Level 2 for your character...you need 500 EXP. Then to reach lvl 3, you need to earn twice that requirement and so forth. Example: 500 + 1000 = 1500, 1500 + 2000 =3500).

(note: HP and EP can regenerate faster or slower based on Species, Race, and Class....as well as some Regeneration-boosting items...such as food/drink. Stats can be temporarily boosted or Permenantly upped by certain items. Feel free to add background information about your character in or separate from your character profile. Also, not every wilderness encounter has to be a battle...may be trade, Info or some other non-combat scene.)

So how about it? Anyone interested?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Catffeinated

Hmm... Sounds intresting... I do agree with you too, to RP is more fun than to write a Fan-fic (that, and it doesn't feel like stealing ideas to me in an RP, either). Sure, why not! I'll post the info soon.

e_voyager

it does sound fun at that but i'll need time to create a charter.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

*fidgets nervously*
To join or not to join? That is the question...

KarlOmega1

I forgot to mention when listing your Favorite elements, to list one or more of the six categories:

-Fire
-Water/Ice
-Wind/thunder
-Earth
-Light
-Darkness

Also...if tempted to list Metal or poison, that is in the Earth category. Futhermore, Death/necromancy is considered a Darkness type.

and also...each stat point into the Health or Energy fields equals 3 HP and/or EP.

Anyway, Here comes one of the player characters that was in the alien group.
------------------

Name:Karl H.
Age (birthdate if you want to be accurate): 4-30-1985
Species: Human
Race: Being
Class(Occupation)/Class lvl or Rank: FIA Naval SF Officer/ Captian.
Money: 250 Gold, 0 Silver.
Description: Blue eyes, Lightly colored skin, Brown/short hair, 5'10"
Resistances:Fire (75%)
Weaknesses:Spiders (fear) , over-attractive females (shy or gah-gah, tries to be chivalrous), the Cold (hates cold temps except when it's coming from an air conditioner)
Favorite element(s): Fire, Light, Darkness
Items/inventory:Med kit, 6 beverage pods full of Root Beer, 3 ration packs, 1 Health potion, 1 Energy/mana potion.
Equipment: FIA Naval SF uniform with captian's rank ensignia, Cybernetic scanner, Katana with 1-3 fire and light damage bonus, Class 1 Saber-blaster (blaster mode uses 2 EP per shot)

Stats

-Strength: 14

-Dexterity: 16

-Health/integraty: 18 (54 HP)

-Mana/Energy: 12 (36 EP)

Character lvl: Level 1

-Exp. Points: 0/500

(2 more of the 5 aliens will be posted soon...the rest are NPCs. But for now, I give you guys some times to think of what characters you will post.)
I'm a Skype User.

Catffeinated

YAY! Here's mine:  :3
Name: Blaze Dandrae
Species: Feline
Race: Incubus
Class (Occupation): Rouge (Assassin)
Money: 250g 0s
Resistances: Fire
Weaknesses: None
Favorite element(s): Fire, Darkness (Death)
Items/inventory: None on hand
Equipment: Black Cloak, Dagger of Venom (Magical poison, same as a weak poison), Bracelet of Flames (Gains fire resistance).

Description: With his brown eyes, white fur, silver wings, and blonde hair, you might be wondering why Blaze was named as he was. This was due to two things: His affinity for fire, and his reaction when mad: when mad, Blaze's fur turns a fiery red, his wings outstretch, and his mind turns into a one-way road.
When faced with a problem, Blaze either: 1.) Sneaks behind it and slits its throat, 2.) Sets it on fire ( :3 ), or 3.) Uses loaded threats. For everything else, he simply dodges them, or puts them onto someone else.
He feeds upon hatred and curiosity.

-Strength: 13

-Dexterity: 19

-Health/integrity: 11 (33 hp)

-Mana/Energy: 17 (51 ep)

-Character lvl:  1

P.S. He uses magic to do his job most of the time, I don't know what catagory shapeshifting should be...

techmaster-glitch

KarlOmega1

Like Techmaster-glitch said, you might want to correct that misspelling...everything else in the profile looks ok, if there is no complaints.

Character Approved.
I'm a Skype User.

KarlOmega1

Take your time...sometimes even I need time to create a character....
I'm a Skype User.

nikename2

Heh, alright here's what I came up with.  :P:

Name: R. Cortez
Species: Quetzalcoatl (Winged Serpent)
Race: Mythos
Class(Occupation): Mage? (unemployed)
Money: 250g 0s
Resistances: Cold/Thunder
Weaknesses: Clothing (can be disruptive when performing magic, and it itches.)
Favorite element(s): Ice/water, Thunder/wind
Items/inventory: Nothing
Equipment: Axe(Electric Guitar) that can fold into a scythe.

Description: His scales are dark navy blue, his skin dark turquoise; his long flowing hair is also turquoise, but of a bright shade in contrast. His eyes pure black, but the iris' are yellow. His wing span from tip to tip is around 20ft and he is capable of flight, the wings themselves are feathered and have a blue crystalline hue. He has no legs and moves around on the ground much like a snake/gorgon would with his long body which is around 12ft long from the tip of his tail to his head. Down his back to his tail on his spine he also has small fins about every foot.

Cortez doesn't wear anything, to him clothing always seemed pointless because he never gets cold enough to warrant the meager protection it offers. He doesn't wear any kind of jewel, trinkets, or bands either, but that is because to him it's a hinderance when he's trying to focus on his guitar or when he's spell casting. His hobbies include shredding, perfecting his magical prowness, and relaxing on the beach surrounded by beautiful women. 

Stats:
-Strength: 12

-Dexterity: 12

-Health/integraty: 12 (36hp)

-Mana/Energy: 24 (72mp)

Character lvl: 1

KarlOmega1

Sorry for taking so long... was busy with other things.

Anyways, Xeksue...your character is approved...
I'm a Skype User.