08/04/07 Abel's Story [94] Might be a problem

Started by AndersW, August 04, 2007, 12:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

I was thinking that perhaps Hennya "hungers for revenge"

There was also the quote from Shakespeare that "Revenge is a dish best served cold", on in this case cubi body temperature.  Of course since snakes are normally cold blooded, this could be a "cold blooded" attack.

I'm looking forward to what happens tomorrow.  I have a feeling that we're going to see an episode of "Let's make a deal" tomorrow or the following week.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Rafe

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" isn't from Shakespeare.

It's a Klingon proverb, used by Kahn Noonien Singh, in The Wrath of Kahn.
Rafe

Zedd

Quote from: Rafe on August 10, 2007, 11:50:55 PM

It's a Klingon proverb, used by Kahn Noonien Singh, in The Wrath of Kahn.

And I will leave you like you left her.....Buried alive...

kaskar

:mowmeep Is Hennya protecting May, Abel, or is she just getting pissed at Aniz's ego ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

A little of column A, a little of column B...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

Aleolus

Quote from: Naldru on August 10, 2007, 09:50:55 PM
There was also the quote from Shakespeare that "Revenge is a dish best served cold", on in this case cubi body temperature.  Of course since snakes are normally cold blooded, this could be a "cold blooded" attack.

Boo.  Bad pun!

Paul

Quote from: Rafe on August 10, 2007, 11:50:55 PM
True - it's a paraphrasing of a line from Pierre Choderlos de Laclos' novel "Les Liaisons dangereuses", from 1782.

superluser

Quote from: Paul on August 12, 2007, 01:42:12 PMTrue - it's a paraphrasing of a line from Pierre Choderlos de Laclos' novel "Les Liaisons dangereuses", from 1782.

It's unclear that this is actually true.  The Star Trek writers mat have gotten it from somewhere else, but that place appears not to be Les Liaisons dangereuses.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Naldru

Quote from: superluser on August 12, 2007, 04:56:18 PM
Quote from: Paul on August 12, 2007, 01:42:12 PMTrue - it's a paraphrasing of a line from Pierre Choderlos de Laclos' novel "Les Liaisons dangereuses", from 1782.

It's unclear that this is actually true.  The Star Trek writers mat have gotten it from somewhere else, but that place appears not to be Les Liaisons dangereuses.
Click here
I just looked it up on the web, and I now tend to agree with Paul.

It has been referenced in a great many movies and books as can be seen by clicking here or here.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

superluser

Quote from: Naldru on August 12, 2007, 06:18:30 PMClick here
I just looked it up on the web, and I now tend to agree with Paul.

It has been referenced in a great many movies and books as can be seen by clicking here or here.

They claim that the quote was "La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid." This quote does not appear in Les Liaisons dangereuses.  In fact, -froid- appears only a few times in the text, never in the same letter as -mang-, rarely in the same letter as -veng-, and only on one occasion do -froid- and -veng- appear in the same paragraph.  It is possible that it's using other words, but the fact that they managed to get at least two of the key words wrong makes it very difficult to track.

Wikipedia says,

The first written appearance of the proverb "revenge is a dish best served cold" is often credited to the 18th century novel les Liaisons dangereuses, but since it doesn't actually appear in the original text, the validity of this attribution is unclear.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

kaskar

8)
Quote from: Naldru on August 10, 2007, 09:50:55 PM
I was thinking that perhaps Hennya "hungers for revenge"

I'm looking forward to what happens tomorrow.  I have a feeling that we're going to see an episode of "Let's make a deal" tomorrow or the following week.

8) Does that mean that the winner will make the loser lose the utmost ? How long till either side suffers the final indignaty ...

Alondro

Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins!

*Freak-a-fan!*   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Alondro on August 13, 2007, 07:12:46 PM

And the best way to enjoy it is with a spork! :mwaha

Caswin

Quote from: Alondro on August 13, 2007, 07:12:46 PM

Hm...

"I ate his liver... with pinto beams, and a nice muffin... [charfcharfcharfcharf]!"
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

kaskar

8) What about distilled Revenge ? The art of making alcholic drink and liquers  has been around for years . It would be the perfect drink for the adventurer.

kaskar

8) It seems here that blood will flow. Does anyone bite the dust here ?

Turnsky

Quote from: kaskar on August 14, 2007, 08:07:57 AM

8) It seems here that blood will flow. Does anyone bite the dust here ?

bullets are yummy.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Sklarvv

"Ohnoeeesss! Abel's pappy's gonna die! They can't do that, can they?--"
*morphage*
"O.o;"

This day TOTALLY sucks for Abel, huh?
Just when I started to not hate Devin... *shakefist*