800 comics! Can I hear a "W00t W00t"?

Started by techmaster-glitch, June 27, 2007, 02:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 27, 2007, 07:53:50 AM

Indeed.  Congratulations on the milestone.
One thing about the big 1000... the PHP running the site seems to be based on three digits.  Is that going to be a problem?

interesting, the Y2K bug still lives.., okay everyone grab a hammer and beat it till it stops working.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Starcat5

Quote from: Alondro on June 27, 2007, 07:49:57 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on June 27, 2007, 07:01:50 AM
Quote from: Nerikull on June 27, 2007, 06:35:25 AM
w00tah, Amber!

Just think, 200 more to the big 1k!  :mowmeep

but can what remains of her already fragile psyche handle such a feat?!  :mowtongue

*shakes his head*  No, I'm afraid it can't.  The Pretty Princess of Aluminum Foil may return permanently after DMFA1K.   :|

:giggle

:erk Who ever said that she left? She just got better at Cosplaying a normal comic artist.  :P
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

kaskar

:mowhappy  I really hope Amber's 1000'th strip is better than the 500'th presentation. 100th was good too ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Kamunt

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 27, 2007, 11:15:34 PMinteresting, the Y2K bug still lives.., okay everyone grab a hammer and beat it till it stops working.

Man, you're pretty. :mowwink

RobbieThe1st

Sorry, but being a php programmer myself, I really do not see much trouble ahead with the 1000 mark - maby one or 2 variables, and maby a tiny chunk of code modified. One way, though I personally would not do this, would simply be to script-rename all the comics, and stick an extra 0 at the beginning, then simply have everything work on 4 digit numbers. This would take about half an hour to implement.

Now, I dont know exactly what is involved, as I do not have access to the code, though, with my own scripts I have had no trouble with varying sets of numbers, like this.

Hint:
$output = str_pad($input,3,"0",STR_PAD_LEFT);
will change:
1  into 001
10 into 010
100 into 100
1000 into 1000
That, depending on the coding, might be almost all that is needed.

-RobbieThe1st

p.s. If anyone has the code, Ill take a look at it(and, probly build a fix for it).  :P

Btw, Damaris, unless you need the design change for some other reason, I see no reason that adding one digit would change anything visible.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

there's a bit more to it than that, Robbie.

Not least, at present I think the php is all manual.

And, secondly, and more importantly, we'd like to keep Amber happy with what she's working with. That's a little more difficult. ;-]

It -is- in the process of being managed, however. Just don't expect to see any major changes any time soon.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aleolus

Woot woot?  Shall I contribute, or should I hold out for the more impressive thousandth strip?  Because we all know it's coming, and it probably won't be much longer.  Unless Amber decides to take a break and DMFA goes on hiatus for a while.

Sklarvv

Wowserdoodles.
I would've hung myself long before then, congarats!