Hm, The Simpson's movie is pretty good. [Spoilers]

Started by King Of Hearts, July 26, 2007, 07:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Of Hearts

I just got back from watching the Simpsons movie.

Well played. It was pretty good, most of the time it was on the same caliber as the early seasons, though there are some gags that would make you roll your eyes such as the scene with the NSA.

It was basically about how Homer singlehandedly put the entire town and jeopardy with his irresponsibility, running away to Alaska, overcoming his selfishness then coming back to set things right.

There are two scenes that I found really powerful in the movie...

The first is When Marge leaves Homer who didnt want to go back and save Springfield from getting blown up by the Government... and tapes over their wedding video to inform Homer.

The second scene is When Homer and Marge kiss by the end of the movie... it was just so satisfying.

Other memorable scenes...

-Bart Skateboarding trough Springfield in the buff, most of the scene his pee pee was covered very imaginatively by random objects... then by the end he passed trough a hedge which covered him EXCEPT his pee pee. Yep, full frontal nudity.

-During the said sequence, Bart passed by Ralph who suddenly went out and said "I think I like men now."

-Homer being taken care of an Inuit woman, and he had an ephiphany while getting slapped around by animated tree branches.

-By the end of the movie, Homer and Bart are on top of a motorcycle and because of circumstance they made a homage to the old episode where Homer jumped Springfield Gorge... 'cept Bart saves Homer using his slingshot.

-Marge: SOMEONE THROW THE GOD DAMNED BOMB!

-Spider-pig, Spider-pig, does everything that a Spider-pig can...

-Martin beating up the Bullies with a 2x4

-President Schwarzeneger: THE PEOPLE VOTED ME TO LEAD, NOT TO READ!

hopefuly some plot points in the movie become included in the TV continuity such as Colin, I think Lisa will benefit from having a boyfriend around.

Oh and they revealed the location of Springfield by showing the 4 states that border it.. but since I dont know much of American Georgraphy, the gag pretty much flew over me and much of the theater.

Zedd

GabrielsThoughts

so basically what you're saying is the funny is 80% used jokes/material that we've seen already.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

RJ

I might go see it... but then it does seem like a lot of the reviews I've seen so far have just said it feels like any old Simpsons but with three consecutive episodes put together.

Valynth

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on July 26, 2007, 04:17:05 PM
so basically what you're saying is the funny is 80% used jokes/material that we've seen already.

It's the simpsons, they've already done everything imaginable, so all the jokes are 100% used.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Cvstos

Just got back.  I did enjoy it.  It did feel like a long Simpsons episode, but with smoother animation.  That being said, it was also the best Simpsons ep in over a decade.  Definitely worth a see.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

ilpalazzo

My dad and I watched this movie and we loved it, it was just wacky and well done. Spider-pig was one of the funnier things. :batman

llearch n'n'daCorna

And here I thought some of the other parts were better...

.. although the recap in the credits was amusing, I'll give it that.

I think Mr Burns and Smithers in the credits was far too funny for the exceptionally bad taste. ;-]

Also... nah. I won't spoil it for everyone else. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears