Greetings...

Started by mabfan55, July 02, 2007, 02:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Kryptic on July 03, 2007, 04:42:11 PM
I'm just from a weird (Mormon) culture that has very little tolerance for things like that. It's what I get from growing up there. No offense to anyone - it just surprised me a little.
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on July 03, 2007, 04:45:56 PM
My brother used to be Mormon... now he's agnostic. :giggle
I used to be Mormon too...now I'm atheist :D

Jim Halisstrad

I watched the Shinning when I was 5.  :3

RJ

I watched heaps of horror movies when I was little. I turned out fine. :)

Candyman at 5 years old FTW.

xHaZxMaTx

I watched The Thing, like, 4 years ago.  Scared the shit out of me. :cry

techmaster-glitch

I can't stand horror or thriller movies. It's not the blood, guts, and gore that get me, that stuff I can handle pretty well. It's just the grotesquely scary imagy and the pants-wettin' cheap scares that jump out at you that gets me in horror, and the suspence in thrillers is usually so freaking abnormaly high I want to explode.
My sisters and I watched the movie The Ring (without parental consent or knowledge :shifty ) when my youngest sister was 7, the oldest was 10, and I was 13. I left about halfway through the movie (though my sisters both insist that I only lasted a quarter :[ ), because it scared the crap outta me. My sisters, however, loved it. They watched the whole thing, and didn't get nightmares. I watch only half (quarter if you talk to them), and I'm the one who got nightmares :sweatdrop

Every time a horror/thriller came out in theaters, my sisters begged my mom to take them to go see it. My mom always hated anything with cursing, blood, "bad" humor, ect., and was quite overzealous about it. Though she sometimes caved in and took them anyway, but usually only to the thrillers or very mild horrors.

It's so strange. Both my sisters, who are younger, can not get enough of horror and thriller. I am the oldest, and the guy, and I can not stand that crap. It makes me feel weak   :cry :crying

Aridas

Gahan says you need to learn to laugh at the scary stuff.

xHaZxMaTx

I saw The Ring 2 in theatres, and I was the asshole giving everything away, even though I'd never seen it, or the Ring, before. :3

"She's in the mirror!" :lol

e_voyager

welcome too the group. have fun
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kryptic

Oh - Watch Disturbia. It's like a good in-between movie. It's a thriller, but it's not like nonstop-fry-your-nervous-system movie.

Kryptic gives it two paws up.

techmaster-glitch

Disturbia is actually one of the movies that my family recently went to watch, and offered for me to join them, but I turned down the offer :mowdizzy

Rammenstein

Aww, why did you do that Tech-Dude? Disturbia is an AWESOME movie! Wimp.

BTW, greetings fellow newbie.

techmaster-glitch

Miaka

hey, so am I. the only horror movies I can stand to watch are either the really old black and white ones that nobody understands how the hell they were ever scary, or Little Shop of Horrors, which doesn't even count.
Kind of a pity, 'cause a friend of mine just auditioned for a role in a small-time horror film, and if he gets in, I'll have to see it.

Hell, I've been given nightmares by music videos before. :rolleyes
Wimps like me shouldn't see Dir en Grey's music video to Obscure.

mabfan55

I would like to thank you all for welcoming me to the group..

:mowwink