If at first you don't succeed... [6-27-2007 #800]

Started by Cogidubnus, June 27, 2007, 01:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  Ya know, Albanion passes for a fair anthro version of Grimjow Jaggerjack, come to think of it...

*Charline squishes Charles*  Icky human bug.  Anyway, I have a better solution to Jyrras' problem!  *calls to Jyrras*  I'll catch you!

*the evil lioness stands underneath with jaws wide open!*   >:]
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Angel

:giggle Awesome job with 800~!

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 27, 2007, 01:49:36 AM
Once again, Amber proves her artistic prowess with facial expressions. Jyrras's face in panels 2 and 3... flawless and priceless  :3

What makes this even better is the fact that we are seeing the REAL Albanion this time!

Oh YEAH! I didn't realize he was the real thing for a second! And he's stealing Delna's job!GIVE DELNA HER JOB BACK!

(moved my original response from the 800-w00t thread)

I've always wanted a bubble pipe...

The weird thing about this comic is, I've been on a Hannibal Lecter kick for a few days, and now suddenly psychiatry pops up in the comic. Not for the first time and delightfully nonsensical, but still.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Gullible

So now I need to study in freefall to qualify? D:

Turnsky

Quote from: Gullible on June 27, 2007, 08:07:03 AM
So now I need to study in freefall to qualify? D:

freefalling's easy..

jump off the roof and miss the ground entirely.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

bill

Actually, you just need to miss the ground for a little bit.

Turnsky

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 27, 2007, 08:11:33 AM
Actually, you just need to miss the ground for a little bit.

true, bullet-time terminal velocity, then.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Gullible

You miss the ground completely if you want to fly.  :3

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Kasarn on June 27, 2007, 02:55:02 AM
More like Jyrras has the hots for EVERY guy, including Albanion (even if he was really Nutmeg), so when he started falling, he believed that Albanion would swoop in to rescue him. At least, that's what's going to happen in my slash-fic!

Yyyyeah my av says it all.

Also alarming is the fact that I seem to be hot for jerkdom.  Albanion's behavior is definitely in the Abeljerkery category but it makes me all flustered.   :U

superluser

Why is Jyrras rolling up his sleeves?  Unless he's got rockets in those boots, he can't get over to where Albanion is.

Quote from: Gullible on June 27, 2007, 08:33:04 AMYou miss the ground completely if you want to fly.  :3

Quick!  Get him a bottle of Retsina!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

AndersW

Quote from: superluser on June 27, 2007, 10:56:38 AM
Why is Jyrras rolling up his sleeves?  Unless he's got rockets in those boots, he can't get over to where Albanion is.

I think that is just the wind pulling on his sleeves.

Caswin

Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 27, 2007, 02:22:43 AM
and if you add a monocle or a twirly moustache, it would e 30s or Hanna-Barbera evil.
I don't remember any Hanna-Barbera villains with monocles... anyone in particular?
Quote from: MaskedRetriever on June 27, 2007, 09:28:19 AMAlso alarming is the fact that I seem to be hot for jerkdom.  Albanion's behavior is definitely in the Abeljerkery category but it makes me all flustered.   :U
You think so?  Because I don't like jerks (Abel or otherwise), and I'm actually liking Albanion here.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Psychogirl

Quote from: Caswin on June 27, 2007, 11:25:06 AM
Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 27, 2007, 02:22:43 AM
and if you add a monocle or a twirly moustache, it would e 30s or Hanna-Barbera evil.
I don't remember any Hanna-Barbera villains with monocles... anyone in particular?

Nah, it's just old-fashioned evil from the 20's/30's (dangit! I'm all messed up again!).

You could say that Hanna-Barbera brought evil to the next level (which is still sucky to us, unless you like old-school).

Wait... am I saying this right? Dangit!
:curseyou Curse yoooouuuu!!!!

Indilee

Bwahahahahaha... XD Amber's facial expressions are priceless. And that little avie of Jy falling nearly made me spit-take. XD

Kryptic

I like Albanion. He's fun. It's like Abel, only more brightly colored - and he can pop up any random props he wants.

And he may have invented the yo-yo.

And as for Hanna-Barbera villans... all I'm coming up with is Dick Dastardly...

But he only has a curly mustache. And maybe goggles count for a monocle?

And also, Congrats Amber. Here's to many more! :cheers

terrycloth

Quote from: Black_angel on June 27, 2007, 08:00:13 AM
Oh YEAH! I didn't realize he was the real thing for a second! And he's stealing Delna's job!GIVE DELNA HER JOB BACK!

Um... am I missing something? What makes everyone so sure this is the real thing? I assumed it was still Nutmeg. :mowdizzy

techmaster-glitch

The only reason Nutmeg went to the real world as Albanion was to try to convince Mab to let Nutmeg have Mab's mom's soul. The Albanion disguise was becuase Mab always stabs Nutmeg. That is already out of the way. Now that they are back in the Fae realm, Nutmeg has absolutely no use for the disguise anymore.
Not to mention, in this comic, Ablanion's colors aren't messed up. When disguised as Albanion, Nutmeg kept screwing up the colors. I would say that's pretty good proof.
This is the real Albanion we are seeing. Unless, of course, Amber comes and says otherwise. Which I would bet money isn't going to happen. That is, if I had any money at all.... :<

RushFox

I don't know why, but I keep thinking of the "You Can Fly" song from Peter Pan, for some reason. Come Jyrras, all ya gotta do is believe!  :giggle

nikename2

:)

This one reminds me alot of Cool Cool Mountain from Super Mario 64. Its got the ice slide that was inside the mountain, its got an infinite free fall because in the game Mario never actually hits the ground when you jump off the mountain and inside the mountain it just looks like a bottemless pit. Heck the mountain itself was just floating in the sky, along with alot of other levels and stuff from other Mario games. Hmmm....

Ok now, would you choose the leaf, the feather, the tanooki suit, or the wing cap to get Jy out of this free fall. Personally I'm torn between the tanooki suit and the wing cap. The tanooki suit is just pure awesome, but the wing cap has head wings.....so hard to choose...  >:3

Zorro

Wait till Dr. Albanion starts asking him about cigars.... :P

terrycloth

There's absolutely no reason for Albanion to be within 10 million light years of Jyrass, whereas Nutmeg was watching him fall, and was just reminded of how she screwed up the colors before. It'd be an unbelievable coincidence if Albanion himself suddenly showed up, while having it be Nutmeg would make sense -- she's just being silly, which is bread and butter to the fae.

Oh, and as for the colors, compare:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_782.php

Nutmeg's first appearance as Albanion, completely identical to today's strip.

techmaster-glitch

Nut wasn't watching him fall. She's not there. Of course, that doesn't neccesarily mean she isn't aware of it though. I have a hard time thinking that uber-magical virtually invincible completely immortal Creatues that have an entire alternate dimension to themselves can't "see" what's going on wherever they decide to watch. Albanion was probably 'watching' this entire scenario, and now has decide to drop by in person. That's part of why it makes sense to me.

Rafe

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 27, 2007, 02:39:10 AM
just have one question.  If someone took digital pictures of the Fae Relm would the picture develop?

Reminds me of the story of the explorer who took pictures of the naked native girls... but they weren't developed.
Rafe

Rafe

Rafe

Aridas

Rafe

Rafe

Netami

The film; native women always have big boobs.

.. Don't crush my dreams.

Stygian

Jyrras isn't thinking with portals. Also: EARS!

terrycloth

So did this comic make anyone else think 'oh, it's the shadow shard, he'll just be teleported back to the entrance portal when he reaches the bottom of the world'?

Netrogo

Quote from: terrycloth on June 27, 2007, 04:28:45 PM
There's absolutely no reason for Albanion to be within 10 million light years of Jyrass, whereas Nutmeg was watching him fall, and was just reminded of how she screwed up the colors before. It'd be an unbelievable coincidence if Albanion himself suddenly showed up, while having it be Nutmeg would make sense -- she's just being silly, which is bread and butter to the fae.

Oh, and as for the colors, compare:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_782.php

Nutmeg's first appearance as Albanion, completely identical to today's strip.

There's no reason for alot of things in the fae kingdom. Also you put your own foot in your mouth with your last line. Nutmeg's first appearence as Albanion was spot on because she was calm then. She started messing it up because she was losing her concentration/not paying attention as she talked with Mab, Jy, and Lorenda. Therefor THIS is the real Albanion no doubt. Not to mention there is one likely explanation for him showing up. Since Nutmeg disappeared a little before them maybe she went ahead to excitedly tell her husband the semi good news.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.