Is 'The Nice' Still active?

Started by Jigsaw Forte, June 07, 2007, 05:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw Forte

I tried to sign up at the forums there, and never got a response. :/  I know Amber still has their newsbox up on the site, so I figured it was at least functional, but...

Netami

It is now the secret dojo for elite members of the community.  :mowninja

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on June 07, 2007, 05:39:03 PM
I tried to sign up at the forums there, and never got a response. :/  I know Amber still has their newsbox up on the site, so I figured it was at least functional, but...
People have posted in the Gaming Guardians forum today so the board itself is functioning.  Whether the admins are functioning is another matter...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

You know..Its one thing I dont know for sure...But I am guessing it takes time

GabrielsThoughts

wouldn't it be funny if someone annexed the forum for another webcomic?

imagines someone stealing abandoned forum
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 07, 2007, 08:04:12 PM
wouldn't it be funny if someone annexed the forum for another webcomic?

imagines someone stealing abandoned forum

We're talking in 'strict theoreticals' when you say that, right?  :mowninja

GabrielsThoughts

well "if you want it take it" seems to apply with things that are abandoned.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Amber Williams

Honestly I've been debating about taking the banner thing down.  Its been broken for months now. (While I am able to change images, the text part of it actually wont refresh thus has been stagnent)

I get the feeling the Nice banner exchange is somewhat...dead.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 07, 2007, 08:15:01 PM
Honestly I've been debating about taking the banner thing down.  Its been broken for months now. (While I am able to change images, the text part of it actually wont refresh thus has been stagnent)

a-heh, I've been wondering why it hasn't changed in months... maybe a year!

The nice, the forum, is still running.  The signup is automated, so the e-mail is suppsoed to be sent right away.  The confirmation e-mails frmo the Nice tend to be stopped by spam filter; I had to sign up (back in the day) with my hotmail account because Verizon(my then ISP) was blocking thier e-mails as spam.  Admitedly, Verizon blocks a LOT of stuff as spam, and even turning off the filter doesn't entierly turn off the filter.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

I would adsume that pirates or ninjas stole the rights

kaskar

Do not notice: Accidental post ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 07, 2007, 08:15:01 PM

just spray a few cans worth of deodorant on it, that'll get rid of the smell.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..