Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC) [PG/14] - Open - New players welcome!

Started by Ryudo Lee, June 07, 2007, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas marcone

Quote from: Arcalane on July 15, 2007, 07:04:32 PM
Head-on

head-on apply directly to thread

the way things are going we probably could use some.

Arcalane

Don't make me turn you into kibble too.

lucas marcone

techmaster-glitch

Caff, you're bcak. Good. Let's get our walk through the forest over with.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Az, weren't the comms already encrypted?

Not that I'm criticising or anything... but I could swear I remember they were encrypted units...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Azlan

Morgan uses his own encryption scheme, just a more complex algorithm.  He trusts no one elses gear, security or planning fully just yet.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azlan on July 16, 2007, 04:22:51 PM
Morgan uses his own encryption scheme, just a more complex algorithm.  He trusts no one elses gear, security or planning fully just yet.

How is Victor going to decrypt it?  Or do you have a self-implementing recipe for the decoder, along the lines of Fire upon the Deep?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 16, 2007, 04:28:30 PM

How is Victor going to decrypt it?  Or do you have a self-implementing recipe for the decoder, along the lines of Fire upon the Deep?

It self decodes at its destination only, transmits a hash verification and compares it to the one he has on file.  If they match, it fully decrypts and becomes available for use.

techmaster-glitch

Uh, Caff, why haven't you posted in the IC yet? You've been around for at least a couple of hours.

lucas marcone

dude give him a bit........not everyone works on your schedule

techmaster-glitch

All right, but I'm just saying he has been around much of the day.
And is it so wrong to ask a simple question every now and then?

Ryudo Lee

Edited my post to reflect how they want to handle Gerald's hack attempt.  In short, they're ignoring it for now.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

bill

RL, could you give me a bit of an opening to get back into this? Either that, or just keep me out until a convenient time. Thanks.

Ryudo Lee

When they decide to start moving, then you can jump back in, since they'll need someone to drive a van.

Arcalane

Or you could hop out of one of the vans, and just pretend you've been having a quiet nap. Or something. :B

Ryudo Lee

Seems everyone's having a quiet nap.  Things have been very inactive all day today.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on July 17, 2007, 03:51:39 PM
Seems everyone's having a quiet nap.  Things have been very inactive all day today.
Yeah.  I can't think of anything sensible to contribute at the moment.

techmaster-glitch

Well, at the moment, I think we (or at least I) are/am waiting on Caff for the moment, so he can get Gerald to the new campsite to scope out.

Azlan

Deploying a Brotherhood squad seems to have ground everything to a halt...

Those technocrats are more insidious then I had imagined.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azlan on July 17, 2007, 04:25:08 PM
Deploying a Brotherhood squad seems to have ground everything to a halt...
From a narrative point of view it's shifted the focus to you and Pal, so yes...

**EDIT**
Dammit, tech, you turned off your transmitter.   :P

techmaster-glitch

Tapewolf

techmaster-glitch

Caff, I thought that Omega and Mars would just pop themslevs on the laptop's screen when Jexx opened it. But if that's the way you want it, is it alright with you if I post this?

"Huh? I though they could just show themselves, since they are the laptop now..." Jexx said, while gerald was typing. Suddenly the screen snapped on, showing a very disgruntled-looking red dragon, and a very disgruntled-looking blue cat.
   "Aha! There they are! Say 'hi' to your master, constructs!" Jexx said cheerfully. The two 'constructs just glared at Jexx.

The underlined part is the part I want to make sure you're OK with.

Catffeinated

techmaster-glitch

"Do you require any help, Exo?" asked Dorcan.  "If we assume that the Brotherhood detected Gerald's signal, they are liable to send some kind  of task force to investigate, at the very least, so we are going to have to start packing this lot up again with all due haste, especially if we plan to do so before nightfall."

Two things, Tape. One, I thought we were only going to pack up if we detected Brotherhood incoming, and two, Jexx hasn't even raidioed back in with a suitable replacement site. If if you guys wanted to, you couldn't pack up, because you'd have nowhere to go.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 17, 2007, 07:05:13 PM
Two things, Tape. One, I thiought we were only going to pack up if we detected Brotherhood incoming

I may have missed that.  If so, Dorcan missed it as well.

Quoteand two, Jexx hasn't even raidioed back in with a suitable replacement site. If if you guys wanted to, you couldn't pack up, because you'd have nowhere to go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_path_method

techmaster-glitch

1. Well, it was never actually said, but that's just what I figured.

2. Oh. Packing up ahead of time just in case. Got it. I thought Dorcan was suggestiong actually leaving.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 17, 2007, 07:25:21 PM
2. Oh. Packing up ahead of time just in case. Got it. I thought Dorcan was suggestiong actually leaving.

You and I know that the Brotherhood aren't coming, but the group don't.
It would be suicide to remain, since by the time the Brotherhood arrive it will be too late to do anything about it, especially if they send a large task force.

So yeah, while Jexx and Gerald are scouting, the others should ideally be getting everything together so that when they do have a new location, they can head there immediately.

**EDIT**

Somehow the idea of having solid holograms depresses me.  I can't quite put my finger on why though.  Perhaps it's the fact that I couldn't begin to explain the operating principle of such a thing or perhaps my subconscious has found a way to wreck the game by misusing them.  I think it's cracked my suspension of disbelief.  In any case, it's not my call - but if I were the GM I'd say 'no'...

techmaster-glitch

Somehow the idea of having solid holograms depresses me.  I can't quite put my finger on why though.  Perhaps it's the fact that I couldn't begin to explain the operating principle of such a thing or perhaps my subconscious has found a way to wreck the game by misusing them.  In any case, it's not my call - but if I were the GM I'd say 'no'.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Just plain holograms are fine, but solid ones seem a little bit further ahead for this wolrd. But it's still Ryudo's call.