Martian Caves!

Started by Alondro, June 06, 2007, 04:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Quote from: Netrogo on June 08, 2007, 11:41:09 PM
Quote from: superluser on June 08, 2007, 11:11:01 PMSeismographic readings?
We've done those on Mars?

Viking 1 and 2.

Quote from: Netrogo on June 08, 2007, 11:41:09 PMNot to mention if a species is advanced enough to survive this long beneath the surface they're probably advanced enough to keep us from finding them >:3

Why?  There's no evidence of any advanced civilization on the surface of Mars, and they certainly wouldn't have started hiding from us until they could see us--which would have been no earlier than 1895 with Guglielmo Marconi.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

kaskar

Everyone just seems to want to be a tourist in space. Look at what happened with the Apollo Missions ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20041107&mode=classic

Leaps into mind.

Also another one someone did, with a couple of martians standing around the Mars rover, holding a lard panel with a picture of blank desert on it... in the background, hidden from the rover by the panel, is a large city, things flying through the sky, etc etc
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

8)          Someone made the comment that, if the rover did the same tests for life as it for mars in my front yard, it would be classed " biologically dead " . The tests are not realistic ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

bill

I trust "Someone", he's a very reliable source.

Netrogo

I'm sure Someone trusts you too Bill.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Alondro

Ugh.  If you're going to foster notions that Mars has an advanced civilization that managed to evolve in less time than it took for us to get nematodes on this planet still hiding underground, why do you all just join Scientology and get it over with?   :rolleyes
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Netrogo

The difference is that I like my little fantasies and perceptions that maybe there's something out there. Scientology is a bunch of retards who fully believe a space warlord killed a whole bunch of somethings who's souls drifted down to the earth.

Aridas

There's still nothing on mars.

llearch n'n'daCorna

True, but there's the possibility of stuff further away.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 09, 2007, 01:50:04 PM
True, but there's the possibility of stuff further away.

I'll agree with that.

Feroluce

Quote from: Alondro on June 09, 2007, 10:36:57 AM
Ugh.  If you're going to foster notions that Mars has an advanced civilization that managed to evolve in less time than it took for us to get nematodes on this planet still hiding underground, why do you all just join Scientology and get it over with?   :rolleyes

Hrm. Maybe because life on earth got knocked right back to bedrock after the dinosaurs were wiped out. I mean that was only what, how many millions of years worth of time extra for their clock?

sorry, just playin devils advocate. I encorage Scientologests to prove advanced life under the sea, in person. With lead weights. >.>

Netrogo

Actually that's a good point Fero. I mean what if life on Mars was already developing when the dinosaurs were around here. If their life at that time didn't get wiped out when the dinos did then theirs would have continued progressing when we were just starting out.

Alondro

*grrr   :headdesk*  Mars probably had an atmosphere of similar density to Earth's for a very brief time.  It would have become as desolate as it is now LONG BEFORE the dinosaurs had come to be.  How long?  Possibly hundreds of millions of years before!  I suggest reading some actual astronomic data on Mars' history. 

There is absolutely, positively, beyond any shadow of doubt that no advanced life forms had time to evolve on Mars, no matter how wishful the thinking.

But if you really want to fantasize, you could say that the center of Mars is filled with Cybermen just waiting for us to awaken them and take over Earth.

Hey!  There's no proof that that isn't the case!   :B 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Feroluce

uhh, quick question. Atmosphere with regards to life on mars hold what meaning, exactly? At the very least, Microscopic life can exist in a variety of pressures, temperatures, and material. Who says that Eukaryotes have to form in an earth-like atmosphere? hell, some Eukaryote, and even multicellular forms of life have been discovered in some pretty bizzare places. If you really want me to reference, I will be happy to go through my old Uni notes.

Im not saying we can expect little green men with their flying saucers around and about the place, but we also shouldnt completely rule out the formation of Some animal life on mars. even, say, some kind of rock worm. *shrugs* its a possibility.

Netrogo

Y'know what's great? Having all kinds of semi delusional theories and a good friend who's a molecular biologist to back them up when need be :mwaha