dmfa vids on youtube.

Started by crimson_wolf, June 13, 2007, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

well I've  played "magic the gathering" Pokemon style, it actually made it more fun.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Valynth

d20's?  heh, wusses.  I once used a d100, but it was my brother's, and he moved away so I'm no long a hardcore DnD person by proximity.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Brunhidden

ive got a D100, its only really usefull for percentage rolls, seeing as how the system of rolling two D10s usually starts arguments of what makes a 1 and so on.

there is little sadder then a DM with no players. i am a sad little man.

QuoteFreedom of speech and freedom of action are meaningless without freedom to think. And there is no freedom of thought without doubt.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on June 13, 2007, 11:12:05 PM
...seeing as how the system of rolling two D10s usually starts arguments of what makes a 1 and so on.

You do use two differentiable D10s, right?  You're supposed to call it before you roll.

Example: if you're rolling a red D10 and a blue D10, you can call "red over blue" before you roll, and then the red D10 will be the 10s place, and the blue D10 will be the 1's place.  True D100s are practically useless.

Of course, Chessex has also standardized true percentage dice in their sets.  they all come with two D10s, but one has the standard digits 0-9, and the other goes 00, 10, 20, 30...90, so that's the 10s digit.  This, naturally, has prompted me to call out, "Ones over tens!" when rolling.  That is, if the roll comes out to 32, it's actually a 23.

Naaaaaaaaaawwwwwww, I'm totally not a gamer!

superluser

Quote from: Raist on June 14, 2007, 12:10:24 AMYou do use two differentiable D10s, right?  You're supposed to call it before you roll.

D100 FTW!

There are also nested D10s, I think.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Fuyudenki

Quote from: superluser on June 14, 2007, 01:19:29 AM
Quote from: Raist on June 14, 2007, 12:10:24 AMYou do use two differentiable D10s, right?  You're supposed to call it before you roll.

D100 FTW!

There are also nested D10s, I think.

Most d100s I've seen have a tendency to roll off the table before stopping.  2D10 are much easier to manage, and have the same probability curve as 1D100

And yes, there are nested D10s, a friend of mine has two, I believe.  In that case, you call "Inside over outside" or "outside over inside" before rolling.  The people I play with tend to default to "outside over inside."  Except for the DMs, who will usually default to whichever would make you lose, if you didn't call it beforehand :giggle

Zedd

Shhh...And now back to subject its not like the videos are bad but they do seem done without Ambers permisson...Then again shes just like my second mother...Short,magical and knows everything

Brunhidden

also back on subject- when i heard of DMFA on youtube i honestly expected someone to be using plushies as puppets like 'potter puppet pals'

and i'm afraid that by voicing this out loud i have created a monster, the question is who heard me and just realized they had a whole cast of plushies.

QuoteYou have taught me fear
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Fuyudenki

I took a look at all three of the videos, but I'm singularly unimpressed by a montage of scrolling images that I've seen before set to music that I've heard before.

Now if he'd bothered to try animating it, I would have been fairly impressed, regardless of how good the forgery was.

crimson_wolf

Quote from: Raist on June 14, 2007, 05:52:12 PM
I took a look at all three of the videos, but I'm singularly unimpressed by a montage of scrolling images that I've seen before set to music that I've heard before.

Now if he'd bothered to try animating it, I would have been fairly impressed, regardless of how good the forgery was.

I thought they were ok not great but ok. animation would have been interesting although the plushies idea would be good too and most likely amusing. I wonder if anyone will ever attempt to make actual dmfa videos out of something other than pictures.

Netrogo

Does seeing Amber make the Dan plushie dance around on a table count as DMFA puppet theatre? :giggle
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Only if you recorded it. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

We got a picture. Hmm with flash I COULD animate that...
Once upon a time I actually posted here.