Fantastic Four (2): Looking forward to it?

Started by Akisohida, May 25, 2007, 10:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

You know, I have been watching the previews and what not and I am looking forward to this (and Transformers but that will be in a different thread sometime) alot. It looks like it is going to be good! So, anyone looking forward to it? Anyone NOT looking forward to it for any reasons?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Damaris

Sue Storm annoys me.  She looks wrong.  Other than that, we're probably going to see it- Silver Surfer looks awesome.  However, I think this will be a $1.50 movie theater outing.  We were not at all impressed with the first one, and I don't know how I feel about spending $18 on a sequel.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

On a sequel to a rather crappy movie. It'd be like spending good money to see Punisher 2...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bill

Why no Hulk 2? I mean, there's no way that they'll royally fuck it up as badly as they did for the first one...

Darkmoon

thegayhare

I rather liked the first one, (and the hulk too  and I have heard they are making a sequal)

Teah I did have hangups with what they did to Doom but hey it's a popcorn movie not high drama

If you go expecting perfection then yes of course ou are going to be disappionted

I for one am looking forward to this one

The surfer looks good, and I think they got the char pretty well.  course I've only got a small scene of him talking to sue to base that on.

I'm also wondering how they are going to do Galactis

RJ

I heard they were going to make another He-Man movie <3

Zedd

Darkmoon

Quote from: thegayhare on May 25, 2007, 11:43:06 PM
I rather liked the first one, (and the hulk too  and I have heard they are making a sequal)

Teah I did have hangups with what they did to Doom but hey it's a popcorn movie not high drama

If you go expecting perfection then yes of course ou are going to be disappionted

I for one am looking forward to this one

The surfer looks good, and I think they got the char pretty well.  course I've only got a small scene of him talking to sue to base that on.

Think Ultimate Gah Lak Tus, and apparently you're closer to what they're gonna do.

It's not that I'm a purist about the Fantastic Four. That's not why I hated the movie. I hated it because the acting was awful and the story was crap.

Fuyudenki

Looking forward to it?  Yes.  Hate Sue Storm? Oh yeah.  Actually, it's more the actress I can't stand.

Quote from: RJ on May 25, 2007, 11:48:20 PM
I heard they were going to make another He-Man movie <3

...I got nothin'.  I just thought it was funny.

Vidar

Quote from: thegayhare on May 25, 2007, 11:43:06 PM

Galaktus.

He's been turned into a large-ish storm cloud.  :<
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

King Of Hearts

Which makes sense... he looks more a "cosmic" force of nature than just a huge guy in purple armor.

But I'd still love to see that form as well... maybe something sgimilar to the Marvel Ultimate Alliance Game.

Zedd

Vidar

Quote from: King Of Hearts on May 26, 2007, 05:29:53 AM
Which makes sense... he looks more a "cosmic" force of nature than just a huge guy in purple armor.

But I'd still love to see that form as well... maybe something sgimilar to the Marvel Ultimate Alliance Game.

It's a movie about a comic book. Making sense is less important then at least trying to be true to the comic. Cloudy galactus == fail.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Lushin

I believe Galaktus is actually gonna be a swarm of some type of plante eating insects. I dunno the first one was ok, hated how they did Doom. It seems whenever they do a comic book movie they just have to change dthings around so it's barely based off the comic book.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Saist

bill

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

thegayhare

or he could just take them off

Woo hoo take it all off Bill

bill

I'd rather not. For your sake. (trust me on this one)

Caswin

I think I'll be watching.

Word is they'll be making a serious effort to get Doom right.  That alone may be worth the price of admission; Doom at the top of his game (and he'll have to be to do a feature-length movie with him justice) is pretty consistently compelling to watch.

On that note, I want my 1981 Spider-Man...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Alondro on May 26, 2007, 05:13:02 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on May 25, 2007, 11:09:57 PM
(cough)

I liked the first one.

UR A NERD!   :B

I'm actually not a Hulk fan. I just had everyone telling me it would suck, so I had no expectations for the flick. It was half-way decent, so I ended up liking it.

Alondro

Feh, Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno were more convincing.  That CG Hulk was laughably bad.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif