2007-05-21 [788] So that's why the pattern kept changing

Started by superluser, May 21, 2007, 01:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralanost

Nutmeg is soooo cute!  I love her!  Three-way cloven hoof is something new, but there is no way she is pure anything with those legs.  Forgot what it is called when they bend that way.  Anyways, good job as always Amber!

EDIT: Legs like that are called unguligrade.

AnizInDisguise

:wtf

I actually did get it right. That's kind of creepy. But still SWEET! I've gotta put this in my sig!

Turnsky

Quote from: Ralanost on May 21, 2007, 06:34:38 AM
Nutmeg is soooo cute!  I love her!  Three-way cloven hoof is something new, but there is no way she is pure anything with those legs.  Forgot what it is called when they bend that way.  Anyways, good job as always Amber!

EDIT: Legs like that are called unguligrade.
indeed, which is kinda rare since i've never really seen amber draw any other kind of locomotion style other than Plantigrade for bipeds.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jim Halisstrad

Caswin

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on May 21, 2007, 07:29:47 AMI actually did get it right. That's kind of creepy. But still SWEET! I've gotta put this in my sig!
Do eet!

One comic in, and I'm already thinking that if I should ever write a sequel to DMFA:TF(WT) (as well as actually do a DMFA story this time rather than provide confusing little glimpses into it), I'll find a way to make her a boss.  She's purdy cute.

And yeah, I laughed at those o_o's.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

kaskar

:mowninja I wonder how many fae are getting ready at the moment to get empowered. If, (and only if), Mab got the Kingdom from nutmeg, then Mab could 'empower' other fae to do the basic running of the royal house, and they could be endowed with the title, duke, knight, etc ...    For a Fae kingdom to run smoothly, at times it is better that Mab not be concerned with day-to-day problems, and only be concerned with the royal house as a figurehead. Mab likes to play in the Daffodils with the Mows ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

DigitalMan

Well I'll be... I figured he just had the ability to change his colorings like that. Hey, it seemed like a Fae-ish thing to do :dface

For the last panel, one word: Roffle.

Goatmon

I feel the need to add that I absolutely love Nutmeg's coloring, the mix of pink and purple really works, despite all rational thought.  =P

She's a Raccoon, right? 

Turnsky

Quote from: Goatmon on May 21, 2007, 09:07:33 AM
I feel the need to add that I absolutely love Nutmeg's coloring, the mix of pink and purple really works, despite all rational thought.  =P

She's a Raccoon, right? 

looks like a cross between a red panda and a lemur.

DavidRokon

Quote from: Turnsky on May 21, 2007, 09:34:49 AM
Quote from: Goatmon on May 21, 2007, 09:07:33 AM

She's a Raccoon, right? 

looks like a cross between a red panda and a lemur.

My bet goes for Red Panda... well pink and purple red panda.

superluser

The Lemur people win.  Not necessarily because they're right, mind, but because anyone advocating lemurs always wins.

Also--is this the first in-comic confirmation that races other than `cubi can shapeshift?

Quote from: Kattuccino on May 21, 2007, 01:59:24 AMcloven twice? Because you can see three "toes" on her left leg in panel 1 and 3.

Kria appears to have cloven hooves, and she has three fingers on each hoof.

Quote from: DigitalMan on May 21, 2007, 09:07:04 AMFor the last panel, one word: Roffle.

What?  Roffle?  Is that even English? (not one of VGCats' most SFW comics)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kajet

Somehow I thought Nutmeg would've been more... evil instead of seemingly childlike.

Especially after getting a spear through the chest, fae are weird like that I guess

Alondro

*Charles bounces*  Oooo!  Plot twistiness!  You know, that spear gives guys a good excuse for staring at her chest...  ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

DavidRokon

Quote from: superluser on May 21, 2007, 09:59:44 AM
The Lemur people win.  Not necessarily because they're right, mind, but because anyone advocating lemurs always wins.

Also--is this the first in-comic confirmation that races other than `cubi can shapeshift?

You forgot dragons. Though as fey have the greatest magic ability of all the races, something like transformation doesn't seem like it'd be all that hard for them, cubi are just more 'natural' shapeshifters.

superluser

Quote from: DavidRokon on May 21, 2007, 10:59:49 AMYou forgot dragons.

I took it that dragons have two forms, the full draconic form and a mundane form (`sides, if Pyro had wanted to conceal his race, he might have chosen a better cover).  It seems that fae, like `cubi, can shift into any arbitrary shape.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Taerkar

Another question is is Nutmeg telling the truth in the beginning that Mab's parents want to die? I'm not really certain if that's yes or not since she did return and make a Nutmeg Kabob.

Which brings up the second question. What do you cook with Nutmeg when you're making Kabobs?

superluser

Quote from: Taerkar on May 21, 2007, 11:34:58 AMAnother question is is Nutmeg telling the truth in the beginning that Mab's parents want to die?

Why would she lie?  It's not like she can force Mab's parents to kill themselves (unless she was lying about how fae die).  And it doesn't sound like she wants Mab back in the fae realm.

nikename2

Quote from: kajet on May 21, 2007, 10:42:16 AM
Somehow I thought Nutmeg would've been more... evil instead of seemingly childlike.

Especially after getting a spear through the chest, fae are weird like that I guess

Yeah I kind of figured her to be more of an evil fairy godmother-like queen. This though, she seems alot more like Mab herself. It kind of makes me wonder just how grand a scale was the thing Mab did to get herself exiled. What did she end up losing a bet or something?  :shifty

familyghost

Quote from: Xeksue on May 21, 2007, 11:45:02 AM
Quote from: kajet on May 21, 2007, 10:42:16 AM

Yeah I kind of figured her to be more of an evil fairy godmother-like queen. This though, she seems alot more like Mab herself. It kind of makes me wonder just how grand a scale was the thing Mab did to get herself exiled. What did she end up losing a bet or something?  :shifty

Either that or she made Nutmeg angry when they were in the Fae version of highschool... if such a thing exists.   Or it could simply be Mab's "role" for her life so far.

GabrielsThoughts

so I'm guessing faries are polymorphic and and only choose to look like beings...am I wrong, because otherwise a spear through the chest would really hurt.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Turnsky

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on May 21, 2007, 12:11:06 PM
so I'm guessing faries are polymorphic and and only choose to look like beings...am I wrong, because otherwise a spear through the chest would really hurt.

remember that Fae only die when they choose to, i think they're pretty much immune to physical damage..

nikename2

Yeah, they're probably only bothered by pain when they allow it to bother them. Otherwise it's probably just a minor annoyance.

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay so you can't see Nutmeg's feet very well with her natural fluffy socks, but "Hooves" ..

No horse, She looks like a raccoon, and a Fae raccon who is floating with her feet fold under her.  But I love her dress...OOooo SParklys ...

mmmm *shake* Oh Okay,  The next question should be:
Why does Nutmeg suddenly want a child.?  Or Fae so rarely decide to die, that years, even decades go by between fae soul auctions.

:mowcookie
PBH

Ralanost

It seems that Nutmeg has more hoovish hooves than even Kria!
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_777.php
And she is a horse on top of it!  Furrae, while cute, makes zero anatomical sense when compared with the real world, which I am fine with.

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Kenji on May 21, 2007, 02:26:00 AM
Daaaaaay-yam. Fae have a cutie for a queen. :3

I'd say...*smacks head on door*...the Queen being a good-looker fact pushed aside, Why is she causing Mab such trouble, besides kicking her out of the fae kingdom?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Taerkar on May 21, 2007, 11:34:58 AM
Which brings up the second question. What do you cook with Nutmeg when you're making Kabobs?

I'd say you grate the Nutmeg over the kabob, no? Or at least grate it into the marinade....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on May 21, 2007, 07:29:47 AM
I actually did get it right. That's kind of creepy. But still SWEET! I've gotta put this in my sig!
I thought amber once said she didn't want people sticking correct predictions in peoples' faces? I'm pretty sure anyone else who ever had a correct prediction didn't go nuts over it. >_>

Anyway... I'm wondering if there was some other point in time we've seen Mab's parents.. For some reason I keep looking back mentally and seeing different people.

Madmann135

so Mab didn't leave to auction off her mother's soul.  She left to get a spear to spear-kabob Nutmeg's chest at the same time hid her anger so that her attack would look more unprovoked to the untrained eye.  Mab knew that Albanion was really Nutmeg in disguise in less than 10 seconds which has to really be a record.

Who says Mab can't be a great adventurer.  She's got the planning down, she's got weapon useage down, she even has magic useage down, she even is very observive. 

Lets not forget Mab has some great teachers.  She's got Dan (though that one can go either way), she's got Pip, she's got Alexsi and she hangs out in Lost Lake which many adventurers come to drink.

I must say Lorenda and Jyrras are looking like, 'I thought our problems were bad.  Mab's been living with this for who knows how long and we just witnessed an apex of her problems."

Amber gets a 5.0/5.0 for this comic strip

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

superluser

Quote from: Turnsky on May 21, 2007, 12:47:47 PMremember that Fae only die when they choose to, i think they're pretty much immune to physical damage..

I certainly hope so.  There's an ancient Greek myth about a guy named Tithonus, whose wife asked Zeus to grant him the gift of eternal life, but forgot to ask for the gift of eternal youth.  In later years, he couldn't move his limbs.  The only thing he did do was beg for his death, which would never come.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 21, 2007, 01:39:44 PMAnyway... I'm wondering if there was some other point in time we've seen Mab's parents.. For some reason I keep looking back mentally and seeing different people.

I think the only time we've seen Mab's parents is 544.

Aridas

Those totally do not look like MAB's current parents. I wonder if it's normal for parents to change like that?

THERE IS NO TYPO HERE EVERYTHING IS PERFECTLY FINE