5/19/07 - Boeing 787 - This Are Serious Comic

Started by bill, May 18, 2007, 10:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

I wonder if Mr Fay-On-A-Stick is going to appear in the cast page sometime, or if he is a plot convenient?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

bill

Sienna Maiu - M T

That boy has a nasty habit of changing his colourings every other comic, and apparantly sometimes even once per panel...

A spear, obviously. Since a hatchet you would most likely have to dig some form of hole, while a spear you can simply shove directly down into the ground with enough force.
And I think if you have the strength to shove something through a person's torso, you have the strength to plough something through the ground.

oh yes

Fuyudenki

Yeah.  Albanion's tye-dye!

While I agree that it's easier to drive a spear into the ground than dig a hole for a hatched, I'd have to disagree on the strength required.  The ground around here can be exceptionally tough(to the degree that a lot of the city I live in is undeveloped, because even expensive earth-moving equipment isn't sufficient to break ground), and I recall a story about some guy being stabbed by the butt of another guy's spear, which went right through him.  While the human body is surprisingly more durable than it at first seems, it's still quite fragile.

By comparison, there's a reason "solid ground" is referred to as "solid."

Psychogirl

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on May 19, 2007, 11:01:37 PM
That boy has a nasty habit of changing his colourings every other comic, and apparantly sometimes even once per panel...

Mabey its because fae tend to change colors depending on mood?

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 19, 2007, 11:17:00 PM

While I agree that it's easier to drive a spear into the ground than dig a hole for a hatched, I'd have to disagree on the strength required.  The ground around here can be exceptionally tough(to the degree that a lot of the city I live in is undeveloped, because even expensive earth-moving equipment isn't sufficient to break ground), and I recall a story about some guy being stabbed by the butt of another guy's spear, which went right through him.  While the human body is surprisingly more durable than it at first seems, it's still quite fragile.

I agree with the strength required to dig through the ground's vast toughness, but I think that it still takes strength to drive a spear clear through a person's torso (especially with the butt of the spear :erk). Obviously, you should know that meat is tough material when raw...

Zedd

Well I would asume not all bones can be broken that easily. When it comes to be a fae as old as Alban, It would be most more tricker than most wouldnt you think so by now kiddies?

Kenji

I bet he's not actually a horse, but really a lava lamp. :D That's why his colors change.
It's true!

Psychogirl

kaskar

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 19, 2007, 11:17:00 PM

:mowmeep

Is this where we find Fae shish-ka-bob ?  :mowhappy :mowninja
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Taerkar

Quote from: Teroniss on May 19, 2007, 02:19:41 PM
Goes back to the whole "Fae choose when it is their time to die" conversation I suppose. Looks like Fae are pretty immortal until they are damn good and ready to die.

Well, Fae are practically creatures of pure magic, right? So it would obviously take something that could disrupt that magic completely to kill one. Then there's that whole limited number thing, too. Maybe if that number changes the universe starts hiccuping because a constant changed.

And anyone who's coded knows that constants can't change. Bad things happen.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Taerkar on May 20, 2007, 04:09:18 AM
Goes back to the whole "Fae choose when it is their time to die" conversation I suppose. Looks like Fae are pretty immortal until they are damn good and ready to die.

Well, Fae are practically creatures of pure magic, right? So it would obviously take something that could disrupt that magic completely to kill one. Then there's that whole limited number thing, too. Maybe if that number changes the universe starts hiccuping because a constant changed.

And anyone who's coded knows that constants can't change. Bad things happen.
Hm, if they are pure magic, which they seem to be, then the only way to kill one would be to use the magic(i.e. drain it away), However, being as a Fae seems to be composed of *QUITE* alot of energy, you would have quite a problem of storing or getting rid of said energy - Perhaps you could get a few hundred 'Cubi to tri-wing status with the energy.

And while if constants change, bad things do happen, all you need to do is recode and recompile the source for the universe, that should take care of it. :rolleyes

-Robbie

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

kaskar

Quote from: Zedd on May 19, 2007, 11:31:09 PM
Well I would asume not all bones can be broken that easily. When it comes to be a fae as old as Alban, It would be most more tricker than most wouldnt you think so by now kiddies?
:mowmeep
Who said it has to go through bone , instead of the softer tissue ? Of course, this is one old horse? :mowninja
Quote from: Taerkar on May 20, 2007, 04:09:18 AM
:mowtongue

Well, Fae are practically creatures of pure magic, right? So it would obviously take something that could disrupt that magic completely to kill one. Then there's that whole limited number thing, too. Maybe if that number changes the universe starts hiccuping because a constant changed. :mowhappy

And anyone who's coded knows that constants can't change. Bad things happen. :
: :erk
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Taerkar

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on May 20, 2007, 05:41:47 AM

Hm, if they are pure magic, which they seem to be, then the only way to kill one would be to use the magic(i.e. drain it away), However, being as a Fae seems to be composed of *QUITE* alot of energy, you would have quite a problem of storing or getting rid of said energy - Perhaps you could get a few hundred 'Cubi to tri-wing status with the energy.

And while if constants change, bad things do happen, all you need to do is recode and recompile the source for the universe, that should take care of it. :rolleyes

-Robbie

True, although the consequences of doing such, even if it were possible, would probably be... interesting and best viewed from a safe distance.

Also, the universe does not like rebooting, unless there is a ratio of one costumed superhero/supervillian for every million regular individuals. At which point the reset switch not only functions, but offers an 'alternative reality (now with blue jell-o!) enabled!' setting.  :spidey :batman

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Taerkar on May 20, 2007, 06:28:51 AM
Quote from: RobbieThe1st on May 20, 2007, 05:41:47 AM

-Robbie

True, although the consequences of doing such, even if it were possible, would probably be... interesting and best viewed from a safe distance.

Also, the universe does not like rebooting, unless there is a ratio of one costumed superhero/supervillian for every million regular individuals. At which point the reset switch not only functions, but offers an 'alternative reality (now with blue jell-o!) enabled!' setting.  :spidey :batman

Ah, a set number of Fae souls is possibly there to insure that each Fae has just the right amount of magic energy to be Fae, but also not too much magic that they would become unbalanced/insane and/or explode, which would cause a change reaction as the magic energy exploding outwards would be adsorbed by all nearby Fae.  They would become unstable or produce offspring, whichever they can manage to do to keep from exploding themselves. 

As for rebooting a Universe, it will rewrite the laws of physic and this time maybe magic will harder to find.  and and I will see you at the Big Bang restaurant at the end line. 

** PBH runs and enters her temporal gate **

PBH

superluser

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 20, 2007, 09:03:21 AMAs for rebooting a Universe, it will rewrite the laws of physic and this time maybe magic will harder to find.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Taerkar

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 20, 2007, 09:03:21 AM

Ah, a set number of Fae souls is possibly there to insure that each Fae has just the right amount of magic energy to be Fae, but also not too much magic that they would become unbalanced/insane and/or explode, which would cause a change reaction as the magic energy exploding outwards would be adsorbed by all nearby Fae.  They would become unstable or produce offspring, whichever they can manage to do to keep from exploding themselves. 

As for rebooting a Universe, it will rewrite the laws of physic and this time maybe magic will harder to find.  and and I will see you at the Big Bang restaurant at the end line. 

** PBH runs and enters her temporal gate **

PBH

Ah, the good old critical Fae theorem. And they said I was mad when I proposed making a bomb out of Faes! Cries of "It'll never work!" "You're being mean" and "What the hell is this topping?" were said to me and they cut my funding, but dreams of the Fae-bomb will live on!

Soon my evil plans for world domination will be realized!
Bwu-hah-hah-hah!  :mwaha

AnizInDisguise

Has no one considered that Albanion is Nutmeg in disguise? Honestly.

Netami

Not possible. Albanion is actually Mab's father.

nikename2

Really? I could have sworn he was the iconic cartoon spokesperson for a certain striped gum. That gum was cool too, damn you bubblicious and your devil watermelon...... :shifty

But seriously, Albanion can't be Nutmeg, he's just a harmless shrubbery that has a serious dislike of yo-yos.  ;)

E-Jade

bill

That doesn't look like a shank.

You fail, IMO.

Taerkar

Quote from: BillBuckner on May 20, 2007, 07:37:56 PM
That doesn't look like a shank.

You fail, IMO.

It's a +2 shank. Magical items don't always look exactly like the mundane version, after all.

bill

But it violates the definition of what a shank is.   :cry

Zedd

Oh boy..I wonder if Mab needs one those consuling moments. "Miss Mab..Please tell us in your own words and not the spear why your so angry in relations of this woman."

superluser

Quote from: BillBuckner on May 20, 2007, 09:09:36 PMBut it violates the definition of what a shank is.   :cry

It depends.  Did Mab make that spear while in prison?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

bill

It has to come out of a boot to be a shank. If she made it in prison, it would be a shiv, not a shank.

nikename2

Well her boots are too small for it to be a shank, and exile is not technically prison, so I'm gonna go out here and say its a spear.

Taerkar

Quote from: BillBuckner on May 20, 2007, 09:38:03 PM
It has to come out of a boot to be a shank. If she made it in prison, it would be a shiv, not a shank.

It's already well established that there's no shoes in DMFA, but that doesn't mean she can't pull it out of a "Shoe" brand dimensional pocket.

Someone would use the name, after all. There's only so many copyrights...  :mowhappy

bill

No, it has to be a real-ass boot, seeing as a "shank" is actually a functional part of a boot. It's not the name that matters.

techmaster-glitch

......... I come back after three days of camping and find this thread locked in some sort of "shank" discussion :erk

I dont even want to know.