5/19/07 - Boeing 787 - This Are Serious Comic

Started by bill, May 18, 2007, 10:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: superluser on May 18, 2007, 11:16:17 PM
Point the first: Why isn't Jyrras using this time to sneak away?

Point the second: Huh.  Mab's not using her +2 voulge.

One, shock.  Two, she totally doesn't have the class skill to use that.

This comic was clearly meant to be a trap to get me to wake someone up to discover that I've snuck on the computer with wild laughter.  Joke's on you, though.  If I can drop several CDs without disturbing anyone, I can laugh without doing so.

kaskar

Not a happy Mabby here, when she stabs Abbie in the back. Looks as if she is in the same mood as Pip goes when he goes " Grr ... " . It seems too late for Jy-Jy and Lorenda to sneak away, so is this the time when Mab makes an adventure ? :mowninja
8) Just Hanging Around ...

rabid_fox

Odd that she'd buzz off to wherever just to pick up a spear for ineffectual stabbing. Bless.

Oh dear.

Corronis

Maybe the Spear's to drag away the Fae-on-a-stick?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Azraelle on May 18, 2007, 11:35:31 PM
/obviouswhisper: I think she's still upset ... we should flee.

Yes, indeed.

BTW, I -love- your new sig. :-] But then, I liked the old one...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

Maybe this is where Mab can strike at the heart of the situation. She wanted to go on adventure. She is called to do her duty in the Fae kingdom. She has a long term chip on her shoulder with a few fae, and has to get back. She can partly solve these problems by getting hold of a few of her friends at Lost Lake, and have them follow her through the fae gate in Dan's room. It has possibilities as a plot,and I just want to see how much damage and carnage, Mab, Wildy, and the others could do in an assasination type of auction ...   :mowninja

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on May 19, 2007, 01:49:46 AM
EDIT: Nice aim, though. I don't think that managed to pierce the major airways. :B
He wouldn't be able to reply if she had  >:3

Quote from: Eibbor_N on May 18, 2007, 11:10:31 PM
I wonder if Fae feel pain.
Azlan did when Pip bit him during the WFH arc.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

computer nerd

ouch I wonder why mab put a spear in his chest ?

Mwa

But why are her antennae not firey? D;
QuoteWhen agitated/upset/angry, Mab's antennae will start to burn.

~Mwa

kaskar

Is this the time that we wait while Mab sets off an emotional atomic explosion ?
Quote from: Mwa on May 19, 2007, 06:48:26 AM
But why are her antennae not firey? D;
QuoteWhen agitated/upset/angry, Mab's antennae will start to burn.

~Mwa

:mowninja

( remember what happened when the being doing a documentary tugged on Mab's antennae in one of the previous sections ... )

Naeko

No one seems to have noticed that Albanion's hands have been switching colors the entire time.

bill

Madmann135

I will say this.  Of all the charactors in DMFA Mab is the most dangerous when angry. 
Allow me to explain.

1-in the blink of an eye she can completely destroy a specific area of land.
2-when she's angry she can go from calm to psycotic is 0.2 seconds flat.
3-when she attacks she gives no warning (what some would call a "tell").
4-when Mab attacks she goes for the decisive attack on the first move (well it would have been decissive for anyone other than a fae).

I am now starting to think that Pip is there as a first line of defense.  Poor Albanion, what's worse Pip's teeth or Mab's aresonal (she has to have an aresonal considering she's gone on numerous adventures with Dan).

Oh and Albanion's hair has been changing colors ever since he's made an apearance.  The decoration under his eye changed it's shape in the last pannel so I really think the spear hurt.

Mab did Pip growleys. :mowtongue

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Sunblink

Can I be the first to say that Albanion's color-changing ability is ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' AWESOME? It beats mood-changing eyes by a longshot. Honestly, he looks great in that last panel for someone who is in severe pain and/or shock (judging by his expression, he looks to be a rather deadly combination of irritation and agony). I especially like how his colors went all wonky after he got stabbed. Akin to the static on someone's TV screen.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Alondro

*Charline is pleased!*  Yes, Mab has at last begun to become evil!  I knew it would happen if we waited long enough!  Now the top-secret cubi plans can be put into action! 

*this information is top-secret.  If you read this post your brain will explode in 5-4-3-2- BOOM!*   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

RJ

Quote from: Naeko on May 19, 2007, 08:23:49 AM
No one seems to have noticed that Albanion's hands have been switching colors the entire time.

I noticed it. But people don't pay a lot of attention to me unless I'm threatening with muffins.

:paranoid

*threatens with muffins*

SkipSanders

For reference, here's the 'Angry Mab' of firey antennae and 'time out or else.'

Angry Mab

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Alondro on May 19, 2007, 09:58:55 AM
*Charline is pleased!*  Yes, Mab has at last begun to become evil!  I knew it would happen if we waited long enough!  Now the top-secret cubi plans can be put into action! 

*this information is top-secret.  If you read this post your brain will explode in 5-4-3-2- BOOM!*   >:3

I knew I knew... Charline is out to eat us all..... Mab will never let you get away with it.  If she really want to kill him, she would be throwing fireballs..  She must have just learn that Nutmeg want one of the souls of her parents, and Alban forget to tell her.  I am with Mab on this one, He should be speared.  And where did the Spear come from, why the place Wildy gets her Axes from.

:mowcookie
PBH

Aleolus

Quote from: Eibbor_N on May 18, 2007, 11:10:31 PM
I wonder if Fae feel pain.

I would assume so.  I mean, look at his face when the spear goes "CHOONK."  I would say that is representing pain.

As to Fae bleeding, I think fae are only physical when they want to be.  Sort of like beings from a higher dimension, their bodies in this world are only as real as they want them to be.

Teroniss

Goes back to the whole "Fae choose when it is their time to die" conversation I suppose. Looks like Fae are pretty immortal until they are damn good and ready to die.

Eibborn

Quote from: SkipSanders on May 19, 2007, 10:29:05 AM
For reference, here's the 'Angry Mab' of firey antennae and 'time out or else.'

Angry Mab

Hum, interesting! Her jewel turned red then, as well. I wonder if it has any other colours, depending on mood?
/kicks the internet over

Amber Williams

*wonders if she should just tell them that in the most recent comic she forgot to add the shiny highlight to Mab's gem...thus making it look like its darker than normal...*

Teroniss

Nah, wouldn't matter at this point anywho, kind of moot now.

rabid_fox

Also, people would read way too much into it. In fact, it would come to represent an entire subplot that would spawn such hackneyed fanfics that you'd be forced to curl up in a corner, shiver for a while and, I imagine, eventually have a blanket gently laid over you by a kind-hearted otter.

See, otters make everything better.

Oh dear.

bill

Saist

Quote from: RJ on May 19, 2007, 10:02:46 AM
Quote from: Naeko on May 19, 2007, 08:23:49 AM

I noticed it. But people don't pay a lot of attention to me unless I'm threatening with muffins.

:paranoid

*threatens with muffins*

Learning your parents are going to die : $5 for the post card from MaulMark.

A spear to stab the messenger : $25 From Mace's.

Stabbing the messenger with a spear : $5,000 charge for emergency room visit.

Explosive muffins sent to the messenger : Priceless

For everything else, there's Mabstercard, now available in limited edition RJ print.

Magic

Now I wonder if Pip learned from Mab, or vice versa. Hm.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Zedd

I'll remind myself never get on her badside...Part Deux

Shadowcatcher

Azlan

I would say that fae feel pain.  Wildy's beating of Azlan seems to indicate that, though he also suffered no adverse effects.

Perhaps Albanion has damage reduction...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"