[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Okay, Robbie has resolved the problem, everything should be working again.

Infranscia

Mmkay, I've wanted to try voice-acting for awhile.  I thought I'd take a look and see if there're any openings, and if so, what each one would entail, but while I can find a couple pages that list the cast and such, I'm having trouble finding a list of 'needed parts' (or even a note saying there are/n't any).  Do you think you could add a link or note in the first post?
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Tapewolf

Female part, right?  I think we're still short a Cyra.

And I must ask James (Daniel Ti'Fiona) how he's doing.  I have a horrible feeling that the laptop of his that's died is the one he uses for recording.  Particularly in the runup to AC and the enormous expense of the album production I'm not really happy about sending him enough money to buy a netbook, but if it's that or no more Dan, I might have to consider it.

Infranscia

Yeah, probably.  Though I'd probably have to a demo/audition before deciding on the type of part.  Without trying to do any different kind of voice, I sound a bit, ah, different.  Apparently my voice is similar to my sisters', and without trying any voice-effects or anything, she's been told she'd make a good Kingdom Hearts 1 Sora (i.e. ten-year-old boy).  Not to say I can't try to sound different.

It would be fun to try Cyra. :D  Maybe I could play with some of those voice-effects for her hard-to-understand voice...

Still, I think it would be useful to have a note somewhere telling if parts are open, for easy reference.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Infranscia on March 20, 2010, 06:11:30 PM
Yeah, probably.  Though I'd probably have to a demo/audition before deciding on the type of part.  Without trying to do any different kind of voice, I sound a bit, ah, different.  Apparently my voice is similar to my sisters', and without trying any voice-effects or anything, she's been told she'd make a good Kingdom Hearts 1 Sora (i.e. ten-year-old boy).  Not to say I can't try to sound different.

Offhand she's the only female voice I can think of which we have an immediate need for.  I think we have Rambon in the role of Regina, and though I could be wrong.  With Dan currently AWOL I haven't really been paying a huge amount of attention lately :<

Anyway, if you can do a quick demo - as Cyra or someone else - and upload it or email it to me or something, that would be great and helpful for finding a suitable role.

QuoteIt would be fun to try Cyra. :D  Maybe I could play with some of those voice-effects for her hard-to-understand voice...
Yes.  Ideally I prefer to have the actual take without any additional processing since I can add most kinds of effect on my own (and I often have to do noise reduction on them anyway).  But as a demo of how it ought to sound, feel free.

QuoteStill, I think it would be useful to have a note somewhere telling if parts are open, for easy reference.
Yeah, the problem is they get out of date very quickly.  We tried spreadsheets, the website - which needs redesigning - putting it on the wiki, all sorts.  It only works as long as I remember to update it and that doesn't really happen.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I just wanted to say note that me working on the improved samples of Fa'Lina were delayed due to midterms and an unfortunate accident I received. I'm fine and on the mend and should get to the samples, since it's now spring break for me.

I'm posting this as an update and to say I'm sorry for any delays. I know that some people would like to see the "SAIA Arc" done (and other Arcs, too) and that I'm not the only one (James) that have had issues.

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 20, 2010, 09:05:52 PM
With Dan currently AWOL I haven't really been paying a huge amount of attention lately :<

Also, I am sorry to here that our loveable Dan is currently AWOL....  :< and if I had money to offer I'd help out. I particularly enjoy his smexy voice and would hate to see it go. D:

However, perhaps we can see if others on the forum would be willing to donate to his laptop/netbook cause........
In my opinion it never hurts to ask!  :3

It would be fun to try Cyra. :D

Also, good luck to you, Infanscia on Cyra! :D

Still, I think it would be useful to have a note somewhere telling if parts are open, for easy reference.
Yeah, the problem is they get out of date very quickly.  We tried spreadsheets, the website - which needs redesigning - putting it on the wiki, all sorts.  It only works as long as I remember to update it and that doesn't really happen.

What about someone else who has the time to update that sort of thing? Or a group effort?
One individual shouldn't have to do it alone. I'm sure others are willing to help!  :) I know with the wiki anyone can post something or edit something (I think O_o?), or perhaps even a forum topic (other than this) that is devoted only to the availability of the cast. People just have to make sure to check the first page a lot.

I know right now the best way to know anything is here on this particular forum topic for now, but I do agree a more formal thing might keep things in better order and easier to keep track of. I'm not try to be condescending or negative or anything, just stating in opinion.  :)

James StarRunner

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on March 21, 2010, 05:48:26 AM
With Dan currently AWOL I haven't really been paying a huge amount of attention lately :<

Also, I am sorry to here that our loveable Dan is currently AWOL....  :< and if I had money to offer I'd help out. I particularly enjoy his smexy voice and would hate to see it go. D:

However, perhaps we can see if others on the forum would be willing to donate to his laptop/netbook cause........
In my opinion it never hurts to ask!  :3
*hobbles in without any limbs* Merely a flesh wound!

I'm going to be serious here though. It's true I'm struggling with finances and my health isn't at its peak. It's true my laptop I was recording on and had all my lines is out of commission and is half melted scrap right now, but I can still use my wife's computer to (re)record. What the main issue has been lately is time management around final projects (Simply put, it wasn't possible). I don't want to discourage any possible plans, but I must say that any money given would go towards food and rent first before toys. Then paying off the credit cards and loans we used to get said food and rent. My wife is getting transferred so that she'll get a few more hours and we have family that's helping with what they can. Unless for some strange reason $10,000 or more get donated to make a dent in our dept, I won't be getting anything fancy for myself in a while. Hard truth.

Lines are likely to come during the break and next few months since it seems I'm taking a quarter off to recuperate and reevaluate and redo loans and stuff.

Infranscia

Ungh... Okay, it seems I'll be getting to those demos a bit later than I hoped - I just caught a cold and my nose is running half-a-mile a minute.  Shouldn't be too big of a delay, though.  I can probably get to it in about a week. :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Infranscia on March 23, 2010, 06:11:58 PM
Ungh... Okay, it seems I'll be getting to those demos a bit later than I hoped - I just caught a cold and my nose is running half-a-mile a minute.  Shouldn't be too big of a delay, though.  I can probably get to it in about a week. :)

Okay, cool.  Get well soon...

Mystiqe

Hey, it's mee againnn~

You needing me to record anything lately? Also, Tape, would you happen to still have my older recordings? The site they were hosted on kinda... erased them and I need them to apply for a voicing job for a game.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on April 09, 2010, 09:34:52 AM
You needing me to record anything lately? Also, Tape, would you happen to still have my older recordings? The site they were hosted on kinda... erased them and I need them to apply for a voicing job for a game.

Right now we're still waiting on Mr. Starrunner.  Anyway, I believe this is everything I have that you've recorded:

http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/audio/radioproject/mystiq.rar  (18MB?)

SCKnight14

And here I thought that only Hollywood studios had problems.  I must say that the work that I've listened to so far is extremely quite good.  A few technical hiccups, but overall, excellent work.  If you guys ever need someone to review the recordings for errors or anything else you might need help with, I'll be willing to lend a hand.

Mystiqe

Raskahn

I was just wondering, do you still have need of a male voice?
I've got a mic nowadays and I've been told I can speak English pretty well despite being Dutch  :)

Couldn't find a list of roles taken/filled so, I decided to pop my head up.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on April 29, 2010, 02:48:23 PM
I've got a mic nowadays and I've been told I can speak English pretty well despite being Dutch  :)

We're kind of stuck until we get Dan's voice from James, anyway.  Unless you happen to sound just like him...

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 29, 2010, 03:28:11 PM
Quote from: Lone_Wolf on April 29, 2010, 02:48:23 PM

We're kind of stuck until we get Dan's voice from James, anyway.  Unless you happen to sound just like him...

Heh, I doubt that, voices tend to be unique. Anywho, maybe it would be best to record some stuff and see if my voice has any potential to be used somewhere in the future.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on April 30, 2010, 07:32:03 PM
Heh, I doubt that, voices tend to be unique. Anywho, maybe it would be best to record some stuff and see if my voice has any potential to be used somewhere in the future.

Yes, do that.  We don't really have a definitive cast list.  There's one on the DMFA wiki, but it has probably gone stale like all the other cast lists.

Mystiqe

Alohaaaaa I can see not much has been happening around here, gawsh!

How is everyone, and how was AC? :0

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on July 06, 2010, 08:00:40 AM
Alohaaaaa I can see not much has been happening around here, gawsh!
How is everyone, and how was AC? :0

Last I heard James was having a few technical troubles.  Audacity was crashing out on him whenever he recorded any decent takes, specifically whenever he stopped the recording, which is most inconvenient.  I suggested he use Goldwave as a stopgap measure.  Hopefully we'll be back on the air fairly soon, though I've heard that before.

AC was great, though I still haven't finished typing up my journal about it...

Mystiqe

Well, I'll be moving down to the coast where James is, so if worse comes to worse when im down there and he cant record, he will be more then welcome to visit me and use my computer.

Also, one of these years I'll go to AnthroCon. One of these years. And I'll meet all of you silly people :3

James StarRunner

And maybe I'll bring my microphone over too since it's quite nice. Then we all win! Of course that won't be till August, so hurry up already and get down here! ^-^

In the meantime though, I'm going to figure out Goldwave and work on getting Audacity functional again.

Tapewolf

Shoryu

:ipod  i just listened to the radio adaptations. it was painfully funny. though i have to admit, a few of the voices made me twitch cause i couldn't see how in the world they were coming from the characters they were for XD  Jyrras didn't sound disturbingly cute at all o.o he sounded like someone mocking a gay mouse. XD no offense =3 it's a wicked project regardless.

i will say one thing. i've found that a lot of radio adaptations of comic, lack angry female voices. o.o it's not a bad thing, i've just never heard even a female's voice stay relatively the same pitch and tone while throttling someone with their burning anger. XD

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shoryu on October 17, 2010, 01:51:01 PM
i will say one thing. i've found that a lot of radio adaptations of comic, lack angry female voices. o.o it's not a bad thing, i've just never heard even a female's voice stay relatively the same pitch and tone while throttling someone with their burning anger. XD

Yeah.  It's easy to get male voice actors.  Female voice actors, that's hard.

And unfortunately we're still waiting for James to have (A) free time and (B) a working voice.  It seems to be one or the other, but not both at the same time.

CoyoteCaliente

Ooohhh this looks like a load of fun.

But catching the glimpses of conversation about there being plenty of male voices, I suppose this may be redundant. However, I'd love to be part of this project. I have a wide range of voices, as I do stage theater and acting, as well as improv skits. If there's no solid role for me to fill, I could easily fill a large number of bit speaking pieces and roles (again, tying into the wide-range part again.) I would just need a list of who to voice-act and when.

Should I email for more info? Anyhow, so far it sounds awesome...

Though, I was really looking forward to the Dark Pegasus, though it's been long filled. I had this Mufasa sounding voice set up and everything. However, I'm seeing that the character Biggs has yet to be filled. I'm gonna start practicing...
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

Lena

Hey, just popping back in to say hi. James isn't the only one who's had hardware problems this year, my computer got hit hard back in March and it's been one thing after another since, pretty nonstop. I think once I (finally) get around to updating my RAM, I'll solve the last of this thing's issues. As it is, whenever everything's ready to go again, I should be ready again as well, barring any more major meltdowns.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: CoyoteCaliente on October 18, 2010, 12:53:19 AM
Ooohhh this looks like a load of fun.

But catching the glimpses of conversation about there being plenty of male voices, I suppose this may be redundant. However, I'd love to be part of this project. I have a wide range of voices, as I do stage theater and acting, as well as improv skits. If there's no solid role for me to fill, I could easily fill a large number of bit speaking pieces and roles (again, tying into the wide-range part again.) I would just need a list of who to voice-act and when.

Should I email for more info? Anyhow, so far it sounds awesome...

Though, I was really looking forward to the Dark Pegasus, though it's been long filled. I had this Mufasa sounding voice set up and everything. However, I'm seeing that the character Biggs has yet to be filled. I'm gonna start practicing...

Really?  I thought fragmaster was voicing Biggs....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 18, 2010, 01:55:17 PM

Yes.  I haven't updated the website - at this time, the wiki entry is the nearest we have to a current cast list:

http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Radio_Project_Cast

...and even that needs updating, since Mysti did take the role of Alexsi and Jairus ended up playing Abel.

Quote from: Lena on October 18, 2010, 12:58:22 PM
Hey, just popping back in to say hi. James isn't the only one who's had hardware problems this year, my computer got hit hard back in March and it's been one thing after another since, pretty nonstop. I think once I (finally) get around to updating my RAM, I'll solve the last of this thing's issues. As it is, whenever everything's ready to go again, I should be ready again as well, barring any more major meltdowns.

Yeah.  At the moment it all hangs on James, since he's playing Dan.  I can't even consider changing the lead voice in the middle of a multi-part arc, not unless someone can do a perfect imitation.
I'd be tempted to have someone else voice the parts as a stand-in, just to get things moving again, but that wouldn't really help since the lengths would be different and it would all have to be re-edited anyway.

CoyoteCaliente

Quote from: Baal Hadad on October 18, 2010, 01:55:17 PM

Ahh. Bummer. That's the real list.

Well. Still leaves all the bit roles and single appearing characters. Males anyhow. Is there a general list for these unfilled roles or should I just send in a few random strips and roles? (Like 858. Single appearing roles like that.)
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.