[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kenku on May 25, 2009, 08:01:55 PM
Heyo all,

Sorry about dissapearing. I will be redoing it tonight or tommarow. I dunno if I can kill the background noise, but Ill attempt.

The crucial problem with the previous version was the other people talking and laughing.  If you can make sure that doesn't happen, it should be good.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 25, 2009, 12:47:00 PM
I do still need to overdub Deebs.  If no-one else wants it, I'll play her myself.

Have you voiced a character yet? I for one am interested in hearing you do deebs  >:3 (even though I know you'll alter it.. but still!)

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on May 26, 2009, 10:20:25 AM
Have you voiced a character yet? I for one am interested in hearing you do deebs  >:3 (even though I know you'll alter it.. but still!)

Not for Deebs, no.  I played Alex in the first scene and I'll probably voice the customer, but with Deebs I've just left a gap for now, since people are always asking for roles to voice.  The silence is deafening for this one... I guess a doe rabbit made from bubblegum is not a popular role >:3

Sprocketsdance

Hehe, well I'm sure you can play her well  :P I would volunteer but I don't want to miss out on a chance to giggle.

Lena

Hi - I know I disappeared for awhile (no internet for three weeks! Argh! Not that I manage to post that much anyway...) Mostly just popping in to say I'm still around to do stuff. So, um, I guess I'm volunteering to help out more, if needed.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on May 26, 2009, 03:06:54 PM
Hi - I know I disappeared for awhile (no internet for three weeks! Argh! Not that I manage to post that much anyway...) Mostly just popping in to say I'm still around to do stuff. So, um, I guess I'm volunteering to help out more, if needed.

I do need Kass, if you think you can make her sound different enough from the Amazons.

This is Aisha's rendition, which she did a good job of:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/Kass-Aisha.mp3
...but I decided she should be Destania instead.

That and we needs Deebs...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd volunteer for deebs, but I'm on vacation. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 27, 2009, 07:56:07 AM
I'd volunteer for deebs, but I'm on vacation. :-P

If you want it, certainly.  I can add her in at any point.

Kenku

Hey. I think I have my sister interested in doing Deebs if the spots still open.

Toast

Hi guys! :) I got the message really late, but let me know if you need anything from me.

DMFA reader since 2000!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kenku on May 27, 2009, 11:59:55 PM
Hey. I think I have my sister interested in doing Deebs if the spots still open.
Sure, give it a go.  Lena sent me her take, which is pretty good - most likely I'll post several up here and see which people prefer.

Quote from: Toast on May 28, 2009, 12:19:03 AM
Hi guys! :) I got the message really late, but let me know if you need anything from me.
Lena sent me a take of Kass.  It's good, but maybe it's just me - she does sound similar to Hannah.  So I'm still open to other interpretations of Kass  (I'll post Lena's up later).

However, I'd also be interested in your take on Shanna if you're up for it.

Toast

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 28, 2009, 05:29:30 AM
I'd also be interested in your take on Shanna if you're up for it.

I'll get a line or two recorded for you asap. :D

DMFA reader since 2000!

Lambo_chu

Hi, I'm Kenku's sister. the one interested in voicing Deebs.
Kenku should have already sent Kenku the recording of my voice. so I thought i'd just post here so you'd know who I am

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lambo_chu on May 31, 2009, 10:48:20 PM
Hi, I'm Kenku's sister. the one interested in voicing Deebs.
Kenku should have already sent Kenku the recording of my voice. so I thought i'd just post here so you'd know who I am

Thanks.  Thanks also for reminding me - I forgot to add it to the recording.

As of now, I'm at strip 880 in the recording.  Toast is doing Shanna, but is sick so may be a week or so late.
Unless I've messed up,  we're still out for Anna and Kass.
I do have renditions for both from Wuffnpuff and Aisha respectively - the problem is that they do sound too similar to Aliyka and Dee.  If no-one else is up for it, I may have to go with those and risk it sounding like Oblivion  >:3

Lambo_chu

I'd be willing to voice Kass ^^
using a not so squeaky high pitched voice like I did for Deebs of coarse

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lambo_chu on June 06, 2009, 09:11:37 PM
I'd be willing to voice Kass ^^
using a not so squeaky high pitched voice like I did for Deebs of coarse

If you can, that would be great.  Aisha did a great job so if you want to use her take as a reference it is here:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/Kass-Aisha.mp3

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 06, 2009, 11:09:04 AM
Unless I've messed up,  we're still out for Anna and Kass.
I do have renditions for both from Wuffnpuff and Aisha respectively - the problem is that they do sound too similar to Aliyka and Dee.  If no-one else is up for it, I may have to go with those and risk it sounding like Oblivion  >:3

D: Oh please no, I mean.. I'm sure Aisha would be great but not me (unless I can pull off some super-awesome accent.. :milklaugh   or not). XD I'd try my best if need be... but I did get ahold of that one female.. communication is slow and she didn't answer my question about having a mic or not so.... I'll keep trying *fingers crossed*

Tapewolf

Right, I'm sorted for Shanna.  Good work, Toast!
That still leaves Anna and Kass, though...

Toast

If there are any extra voices that need doing - like little roles - I can probably chat with some folks from my school and see if they'd be interested. :) Our sound room is fair game as long as you're a student!

DMFA reader since 2000!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Toast on June 10, 2009, 09:07:12 PM
If there are any extra voices that need doing - like little roles - I can probably chat with some folks from my school and see if they'd be interested. :) Our sound room is fair game as long as you're a student!

If you can.  Anna and Kass are pretty much the last stumbling block, if you can find someone to voice either/both of those it would clear the way for me to proceed at least up to 915 or so.

Alterationartist

So.... I was thinking... if I wanted to provide a voicefor this project, what would that entail?
Round 9!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alterationartist on June 12, 2009, 05:44:45 PM
So.... I was thinking... if I wanted to provide a voicefor this project, what would that entail?

Well, the biggest stumbling-block at the moment is that we don't have any male roles open right now.  The current project is Return of Dark Pegasus and we've got most of the voices down pat.

That said, if you can scream convincingly, I don't think I've overdubbed the Being Alexsi tortures in strip 878.  Also, we've got the offscreen voice in 932, but apart from that the only character we're missing IIRC is Anna (Lambo has sent me a recording of Kass - must check that out).

As for the procedure itself, I've written a little howto here (which I must get around to updating someday):
http://dmfa.it-he.org/howto.htm

EDIT:

Good news and bad news about Kass, Lambo-Chu.  I do like the performance, but the recording is plagued with thumps and clicks throughout it.  At a guess I'd say you're holding the mic and it's not designed to be held.  Either that or it's being banged into something.  I've been able to clean up some of it, but not all of it.  The word "I" in the last panel of 890 is obliterated, for example.

I'll put the file up here:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/Kitty_as_Kass_file_1.wav.mp3

...Tezkat or one of our other more experienced VAs may have suggestions.

Lambo_chu

Puu
hmm, well. I use Kenku's headset for a mic, which i never used before. I'm not quite sure what it could be (i wonder if i had my hair up and the headset was clacking against the humungous hair clip...)
anyway, is it only the first file with the click clacks, or the whole lot of them?
I can re record them eitherway tho and hope i dont run into the clacking again

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lambo_chu on June 13, 2009, 02:42:31 AM
anyway, is it only the first file with the click clacks, or the whole lot of them?
I can re record them eitherway tho and hope i dont run into the clacking again

I'll be honest, I checked out the first two files.  Managed to repair the first one a bit, realised that the second one had issues as well and at that point stopped.  I'll go over the rest and make up a list for you if that helps.

The other thing to do - and I apologise if you've already done this or it sounds too obvious - is to simply play the thing back after you've recorded it and listen out for anything which should not be there.  Listening on headphones can be helpful too, especially if you're using the speakers built into a laptop or iMac or something as they tend to be particularly lo-fi.

If it's a headset mic, make sure that nothing is tapping any part of it.  You might be on the right track with the hairclip, actually.

Lambo_chu

Okee Doke! I've got some super sensitive skull ware headphones, so I'll make sure to listen to the recordings with them afterwards =D
I'll try to re-record tonight if my mom doesnt hog Kenku's comp

edit: I caught a cold and my throats super swollen :<
I have to put off the rerecording for a couple days

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lambo_chu on June 13, 2009, 05:51:44 PM
edit: I caught a cold and my throats super swollen :<
I have to put off the rerecording for a couple days

Sorry to hear that.  Well, let me know when you're over it...

Tezkat

Yeah, there's some nasty stuff going around. I've been sick with a viral pneumonia for the past month. Not fun. Except for the prescription opiates. >:]

Hope you get better soon! :mowcookie

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Mystiqe

Guess who guess who.

No, my computer is still being a jerk. My boyfriend thinks it could actually be either harddrive failure, or my processor, or my videocard.

But what ever it is, it's failing.

Anyway.... I'll get Audacity and my mic on this computer, and then I can start doing my work. The computer that I'm on isn't loud, so my recordings should be nice :U

I'm sorry for being so unreliable to you guys~ Really I wuv you~ -bats eyelashes-

Also, I went to an Anime Convention like... two weeks ago, and met a ton of Voice Actors. And someone who produces demos and trains voices. I actually went to a "Breaking into Voice Acting" panel. Wow was it informative.

I guess the point of this is if you have some random script laying about, I'd love to practice on it  :eager

I'll try to remember to check the forums more regularly xD;

Also, Llearch has me on MSN. So if anyone needs to reach me, you can probably get him to pester me.

:januscat

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on June 25, 2009, 04:35:11 PM
I guess the point of this is if you have some random script laying about, I'd love to practice on it  :eager

Welcome back.  I have a set of recordings for Kass which are kind of stuffed.  I may be able to fix them, but the person who was recording (Lambo Chu) them got sick and appears to have dropped off the forum for a bit.

The main sticking point is Anna, as it has been for the last four months or so.  If you want to play around with her and/or Kass, I would be grateful but either way time is running out rapidly.

Rant

Let me just be clear that this is not directed at Mystiqe in particular, more me against the world.

To put it bluntly, the deadline of Tuesday which I had set is not feasible because I cannot get the frigging voices to make this work.  This as you can probably tell is very frustrating.  Even more frustrating because it is tying up the studio.  I cannot use the equipment for anything else while it is tied up in this configuration without risking breaking the consistency of the project.

What I will probably do at this stage is mix down what I have, which is up to strip 879.  Without suitable recordings for Kass, Anna or Dan after 907, it is quite simply, not going to happen.

Mystiqe

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 25, 2009, 05:07:22 PM
Quote from: Mystiqe on June 25, 2009, 04:35:11 PM
I guess the point of this is if you have some random script laying about, I'd love to practice on it  :eager

Welcome back.  I have a set of recordings for Kass which are kind of stuffed.  I may be able to fix them, but the person who was recording (Lambo Chu) them got sick and appears to have dropped off the forum for a bit.

The main sticking point is Anna, as it has been for the last four months or so.  If you want to play around with her and/or Kass, I would be grateful but either way time is running out rapidly.

Just give me page numbers, and I'll see what I can do for you, Tape, Tis the least I can do for ya, if it'll help make things easier on you.