[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 23, 2009, 02:43:08 PM
'Cause that really makes sense in an audio context...

Yup. Hence why I offered it. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

Quote from: Keiel on April 22, 2009, 05:54:43 AM
Dear all,

You probably don't remember me, but I did the voice of Azlan way back when this thing started. I then fell off the Internet for a few years. I've always entertained the notion of redoing my lines, because they were a bit rubbish really. Also, my post adolescent voice is miles better than it was back in the day. Anyway, hope you're interested, because I'm tewtally interested in doing this and have already made a start.
Well there you are! I think you have less people forgetting about you than you think! Welcome back!

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on April 23, 2009, 11:47:16 PM
Well there you are! I think you have less people forgetting about you than you think! Welcome back!
By the way, are you in a position to look at recording strips 912-933 any time soon?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Hopefully. Wife's been taking my laptop to work a lot recently since it's so slow. She's got a few days off here pretty soon though. Our shifts just haven't been that kind.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

vaudy

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2009, 06:52:53 PM

Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 20, 2009, 01:31:53 PM
Of the voices you suggested, Destania and Anna seem like good choices to me.  Honestly, though, I think it could also fit Kass or the Blue Phoenix.
In fact, when I first heard the voice it reminded me of the already-existing voice for Destania in the "Get Me to the Church" recordings.

That would be helpful, since that would probably have been Hilary who played her in Disasters.  I always prefer it, if when having to change actors, I can get someone who sounds similar.  And yes, her voice did remind me of someone.

Apologies for disappearing into the ether; had a busier week than I anticipated. Shall I send you some lines for Destania, then, to see if that's a good fit? Or would you like me to try a couple different characters, just in case?

Either way, I'll try to get them to you within the week.

Tapewolf

Quote from: vaudy on April 28, 2009, 09:38:13 AM
Apologies for disappearing into the ether; had a busier week than I anticipated. Shall I send you some lines for Destania, then, to see if that's a good fit? Or would you like me to try a couple different characters, just in case?

Apologies from me as well - I've been concentrating on other things a bit lately.  Yes, if you could send me a set of Destania lines, that would be much appreciated.

As I recall Destania appears in the following strips:
873 (last two panels)
933 (panels 2-5)

It would be nice to have some of her earlier lines as well, but the ones above are more important.
These are nice-to-have:
703-704 (someone else does the gazelle)
712-715
724-726

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 28, 2009, 09:54:59 AM
These are nice-to-have:
703-704 (someone else does the gazelle)

This might be a bit much to ask, but if the gazelle and Dee are done with overlapping lines, maybe a crossfade could be done. To match up pacing, the one doing Dee might want a copy of the gazelle to reference, first.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 29, 2009, 11:20:49 AM
This might be a bit much to ask, but if the gazelle and Dee are done with overlapping lines, maybe a crossfade could be done. To match up pacing, the one doing Dee might want a copy of the gazelle to reference, first.

That's what I'm hoping to do.  I don't believe we have the gazelle assigned yet, so I was going to use Dee as the reference when that bit is dealt with.

Sprocketsdance

Hello, I read that you needed female voices so I was wondering if I could lend a hand..err.. voice. I recorded a little bit of myself so I could e-mail it if that would be ok.

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on April 29, 2009, 04:59:06 PM
Hello, I read that you needed female voices so I was wondering if I could lend a hand..err.. voice. I recorded a little bit of myself so I could e-mail it if that would be ok.
If you can, that would be great.  The address is in my profile.

Sprocketsdance

Ok, e-mail sent, just let me know what you'd like me to do.

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on April 29, 2009, 05:20:44 PM
Ok, e-mail sent, just let me know what you'd like me to do.

It's pretty good.  I'm thinking it would probably work nicely for Aliyka if Vaudy ends up doing Destania.  (I must make notes, got a lot on my mind at the moment)

For the benefit of everyone else, here's a link to the clip I was sent.  Apparently it was recorded in a coffee shop, the final ones will be recorded at home obviously.  Ignore that she seems a little nervous:

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/test-wuffnpuff.mp3

For a laptop mic the quality is pretty good.

Baal Hadad

I agree with Tapewolf--that voice sounds similar to the Aliyka voice as I've heard it already.

Kenku

Ummm....Ive never really done this before, but I was wondering if I could possibly apply to do the voice for one of the minor male characters, ans what I needed to do to apply.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Kenku on April 30, 2009, 01:04:43 AM
Ummm....Ive never really done this before, but I was wondering if I could possibly apply to do the voice for one of the minor male characters, ans what I needed to do to apply.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/howto.htm

There's another link to it on the first post.  That should give you all the information you need, and anything else you can ask tapewolf about.

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forums!

rabid_fox

Why is Vista flipped? Also, my sister is all, "I'll do a female role". What's up with that? Who's the most needed female part?

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

Quote from: rabid_fox on April 30, 2009, 05:17:17 PM

Why is Vista flipped? Also, my sister is all, "I'll do a female role". What's up with that? Who's the most needed female part?

AFAIK we're still missing Kass, Anna, Shanna, the mythos twins (one actor for both) and I think the pink and blue phoenixes.

For the mythos twins, both lines should be recorded independently, I'll probably put one on the left channel and one on the right channel.  The bit where both heads are speaking should be recorded twice.

rabid_fox

I shall pass that along to her. Now, any idea on why Vista insists on recording at 'library whisper' volume?

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

Quote from: rabid_fox on April 30, 2009, 05:45:25 PM
I shall pass that along to her. Now, any idea on why Vista insists on recording at 'library whisper' volume?
Not without seeing it first, hand, no.  I take it you've increased the input gain on the microphone?
I believe I can cover that procedure in linux, windows 2000 or MacOS.  Not vista, though.

Kenku

Hmm...I think Im going to pull out my Audacity an attempt the Red Mythos thats still open. Im also interested in Graz, but I understand if thats still on hold.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 30, 2009, 05:32:55 PM
For the mythos twins, both lines should be recorded independently, I'll probably put one on the left channel and one on the right channel.  The bit where both heads are speaking should be recorded twice.

I know with Cool Edit (2000 or Pro) I could record one track then while playing it back (to headphones, of course) record another... not that I've actually tried it yet. I'm pretty sure Audacity is capable of this as well.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Depends on your soundcard, AmigaDragon. Some don't like that sort of carry-on, and stop recording.

.. of course, if you've got two, you can do that sort of thing with no problems at all...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 01, 2009, 06:56:31 AM
Depends on your soundcard, AmigaDragon. Some don't like that sort of carry-on, and stop recording.
.. of course, if you've got two, you can do that sort of thing with no problems at all...

It has been a bit dodgy with my setup.  Some cards are happy with it, some don't like it at all.
I have done this digitally sometimes, but usually I find there's less faffing around if I double-track to tape.  (Not that it helps most people reading this)

rabid_fox

Aye. I mean, my new laptop has a much better soundcard which should help with the quality of recording...once I figure out why Vista hates hearing sound. I've turned all up max and it's so terribly quiet, I have to shout just to make an impression.

Ho hum. These things are sent to test us.

Oh dear.

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 29, 2009, 05:28:22 PM

It's pretty good.  I'm thinking it would probably work nicely for Aliyka if Vaudy ends up doing Destania.  (I must make notes, got a lot on my mind at the moment)

Aliyka would be pretty cool. I recorded myself doing comic #899 (with just her talking) just for fun. I wasn't happy with the quality so I deleted it XD. I'll just wait for my assignment once you're ready. (And goodness sakes, no rush, I have a hard enough time figuring out how to work the recorder much less putting all of this together >_<)

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on May 01, 2009, 07:26:21 PM
Aliyka would be pretty cool. I recorded myself doing comic #899 (with just her talking) just for fun. I wasn't happy with the quality so I deleted it XD. I'll just wait for my assignment once you're ready. (And goodness sakes, no rush, I have a hard enough time figuring out how to work the recorder much less putting all of this together >_<)

Heh.  Well, when you're ready, Aliyka appears in the following strips:
896-899  (also add some kind of "Where are you??" in 900 as she's running by?)
901-902
(I'm going to voice monster-aliyka myself)
929-930

Also nice to have would be 854-855, but that's less important.

Sprocketsdance

Awesome! Noted and logged, I'll work on it tonight.  :boogie  (And gal darn you're speedy! XD)

Edit: I forgot to ask, do I make a separate audio file for each panel or just each strip?

llearch n'n'daCorna

As long as you have blank spaces between the words, you can make it all as one file, I think.

Tapewolf has to merge it into the other strips, so he's going to cut it up anyway. It's his call, but everyone else has been providing one file for download...