[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2009, 06:50:23 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 02, 2009, 06:43:53 PM
The one little beef I have with that is that the sound effects severely drown out Kria's "Yeah, well, you're a buttface" and therefore it takes away from the humor of it.
That is one of the bits which I was hoping for critique on.  I wasn't quite sure whether to have him beam out during or after Kria calling him a buttface.

Before. I took it as Kria really not having a suitable response, and hence grabbing for the first thing she could think of, off the cuff. And hence being slightly too late anyway just reinforces that...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Baal Hadad

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 02, 2009, 11:04:52 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2009, 06:50:23 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 02, 2009, 06:43:53 PM
The one little beef I have with that is that the sound effects severely drown out Kria's "Yeah, well, you're a buttface" and therefore it takes away from the humor of it.
That is one of the bits which I was hoping for critique on.  I wasn't quite sure whether to have him beam out during or after Kria calling him a buttface.

Before. I took it as Kria really not having a suitable response, and hence grabbing for the first thing she could think of, off the cuff. And hence being slightly too late anyway just reinforces that...

Oh, THAT'S what it was....   :doh

Then I agree with llearch--before is definitely better than during or even after.

Rambon

I agree with llearch about the part where she should say that right after he teleports. It seems very appropriate that way for some reason.

Tapewolf

I've been assembling a status report for the Return of Dark Pegasus project.  We are still missing a large number of (mostly female) characters.  I'll attach the full report at the end, but here's the gist of it.  If anyone does think they're casted for one of these roles and I've messed up, do let me know.

Vacant roles

• Deathbringer
  • Destania
  • Aliyka(1)
  • Female blue mythos (878 etc)
  • Male red mythos (878 etc)
  • Customer in 878
  • Anna(2)
  • Shanna(2)
  • Graz(3)
  • Kass
  • Blue Phoenix(4)
  • Pink Phoenix

Notes on the above:

1. Aliyka's original VA vanished years back.  Mystiq was going to replace her, but while she makes an awesome Fi and a pretty good Alexsi (TK is sick unfortunately and can't do it this time), she does not make quite such a good Aliyka.

2.  Anna and Shanna are currently played by Jairus and Lena.  I'd rather replace them if we don't want it to sound like Oblivion which has about four voice actors.  Plus Anna deserves a female VA rather than a male one.

3. I'd prefer to have Graz played by his owner but after about a year of asking I'm starting to think I may have to open up that role again.

4. I'm sure someone demoed one of the phoenixes, but I seem to have lost the recording.

Missing lines from part 1

Part 1 (585-933) mostly exists where the characters have assigned actors.  The following are missing lines from that part.  Part 2 becomes a lot more patchy, but work on the final taping of part 2 will likely begin only when the arc itself finishes so I can more accurately divide up the episode boundaries.

• Abel 859-865
  • Dan 912-933

Part 2 missing lines (lower priority)

• Abel 953-959
  • Dan 934-962, 970 fix or retake, 982-985
  • Tentacle girl (Keaton) 954
  • Pyroduck 957
  • Fi 967, 975
  • Regina

Full list

Return of Dark Pegasus
======================

Scene 1 : 858 - Graveyard
-------------------------

Glev: Jairus (OK)
Alex: JPM (OK)

Scene 2 : 859-865 - Lost Lake
-----------------------------

Alexsi: OK
Jyrras: OK
Deebs: UNASSIGNED
Abel: NEEDED

Scene 3 : 865-875 - Twink Territory
-----------------------------------

Dan: OK
Biggs: OK
Fi: OK
Destania: UNASSIGNED

Scene 4 : 876-893 - Flashback 1
-------------------------------

Dan: OK
Wildy: OK
Blue female mythos: UNASSIGNED
Red male mythos: UNASSIGNED
Customer: JPM?
Anna: UNASSIGNED?
Shanna: UNASSIGNED?
Hannah: OK (Lena, too much like Kria, though?)
Graz: UNASSIGNED
Kass: UNASSIGNED
Blue phoenix: UNASSIGNED
Pink phoenix: UNASSIGNED

Scene 5 : 894-915 - Flashback 2

Dan: NEED 912, 914
Aliyka: UNASSIGNED
Hannah: OK
M.Aliyka: OK
Graz: UNASSIGNED
Young Demon: OK

Scene 6 : 916-933 - Flashback 3

Dan: NEEDED
DP: OK
Hannah: OK
Aliyka: UNASSIGNED
Dp's dinning companion: JPM?

[Part 1-2 split?]

Scene 7 : 934-951 - Soulstealer Manor
-------------------------------------

Dan: NEEDED
Lorenda: OK
Kria: OK

Scene 8 : 951- 959 - Lost Lake
------------------------------

Jyrras: OK
Abel: NEED 953-959
Pyroduck: NEED 957
Tentacle girl: NEEDED

Scene 9 : 959 - 987 - Soulstealer Manor
---------------------------------------

Dan: NEED 960-962, 970 retake/fix, 982-985 (Got 969-974)
Fi: NEED 967, 975
Lorenda: OK
Devin: OK, but needs DNR
DP: OK
Regina: NEEDED

Scene 10: 988 - 992+
--------------------

Lorenda: NEED 988
Regina: NEEDED
Devin: NEEDED
Wildy: NEEDED
Alexsi: NEEDED
Fi: NEEDED
Abel: NEEDED

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rambon

Okay, Looking on the list, I noticed the Deebs is unassigned and I was wondering if my voice would fit the bill for her? And it's only what? A line or so?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rambon on April 19, 2009, 09:28:08 PM
Okay, Looking on the list, I noticed the Deebs is unassigned and I was wondering if my voice would fit the bill for her? And it's only what? A line or so?

Yes, give it a go, certainly.  The only real concern I have with your recordings is the recording quality itself - I still think that installing Audacity or Goldwave or something and using that instead of the bundled sound recorder would improve matters.

Lisky

depending on what your looking for i could record a couple of test voices and you can see who and where they'd fit... word or waring that i've got a voice on the deeper side... but if your still looking for voice people, i'll give it a shot

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on April 20, 2009, 07:11:19 AM
depending on what your looking for i could record a couple of test voices and you can see who and where they'd fit... word or waring that i've got a voice on the deeper side... but if your still looking for voice people, i'll give it a shot

Want to try the red Mythos guy in 878-879?  I'm assuming he's also the VO in 881.

Lisky

alright, lemme just locate the headset and send you a collection of voice takes once i'm sure they're of decent quality...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

vaudy

So, I've thought about volunteering for something here for a while, but I've hesitated because I'm such a terrible lurker on the forum. But since you're still in need of female voices (and I didn't realize there were so many female roles still unfilled), I thought I'd finally poke my head in.

I don't really have a part in mind that I'd like to do, since I don't know what kind of sound you have in mind for each one, but I do have a recording of myself that I had to do for a class last year. I can send you a snippet of that, if you think hearing my regular voice will give you an idea what part I might fit. Or if you prefer, I can just record lines from a few different characters and send those.

Tapewolf

Quote from: vaudy on April 20, 2009, 10:02:50 AM
I don't really have a part in mind that I'd like to do, since I don't know what kind of sound you have in mind for each one, but I do have a recording of myself that I had to do for a class last year. I can send you a snippet of that, if you think hearing my regular voice will give you an idea what part I might fit. Or if you prefer, I can just record lines from a few different characters and send those.

Thanks.  Yes, if you've got a specimen recording lying around it would certainly help in assigning a role for you, if you're interested.  You could either post it here or email it directly to me.

vaudy

I don't have a place to host the file to post it directly, so I'm sending via email. Thanks!

Tapewolf

Quote from: vaudy on April 20, 2009, 10:38:16 AM
I don't have a place to host the file to post it directly, so I'm sending via email. Thanks!

Got it, thanks.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/vaudy_voicesample.mp3

Not exactly studio-quality, but with a bit of guidance I think we can probably fix that.  As for who it best fits, I'm not sure .  I'm thinking either Destania, Aliyka or one of the three Amazons.
Anyone else have any ideas?

EDIT:
By the way, Vaudy - don't forget to read the forum rules, be good, have fun etc...

Lisky

just for the testbed right now i'll email you the files for 878-879... and if you think it'd fit elsewhere, let me know... doing my best to minimize noise... in the area... but i think the mic quality is a little lacking

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2009, 11:01:33 AM
Quote from: vaudy on April 20, 2009, 10:38:16 AM

Got it, thanks.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/vaudy_voicesample.mp3

Not exactly studio-quality, but with a bit of guidance I think we can probably fix that.  As for who it best fits, I'm not sure .  I'm thinking either Destania, Aliyka or one of the three Amazons.
Anyone else have any ideas?

EDIT:
By the way, Vaudy - don't forget to read the forum rules, be good, have fun etc...

Of the voices you suggested, Destania and Anna seem like good choices to me.  Honestly, though, I think it could also fit Kass or the Blue Phoenix.

In fact, when I first heard the voice it reminded me of the already-existing voice for Destania in the "Get Me to the Church" recordings.

EDIT: I doubt it helps anyone, but I did a recording of Aniz's lines from Chapter 1 of Abel's Story.  It's not my real voice, though, so it probably wouldn't help to place me--and of the three male characters on Tapewolf's list Graz seems to lend himself the most easily to a voice (meaning I have no idea how the red mythos or the customer would sound), but Tapewolf wants his owner for that role, so....  *shrugs*

Lena

Huh...didn't know I didn't get strips 947-951 sent off to you. Here they are over here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=74P1RIVY. How do these sound?

For the Amazons, would you like me to try and redo Hannah's lines for 876-893, since I notice you had noted it sounds close to Kria? Or does that note refer to all of Hannah's lines, and therefore they all need redone? I seem to have trouble getting my voice to sound distinctively different, but I can try again if necessary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on April 20, 2009, 02:59:07 PM
Huh...didn't know I didn't get strips 947-951 sent off to you. Here they are over here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=74P1RIVY. How do these sound?

Thanks, they sound good.  I don't know whether you sent them before and I lost them, but thanks anyway.

QuoteFor the Amazons, would you like me to try and redo Hannah's lines for 876-893, since I notice you had noted it sounds close to Kria? Or does that note refer to all of Hannah's lines, and therefore they all need redone? I seem to have trouble getting my voice to sound distinctively different, but I can try again if necessary.

Yeah, really it was the whole batch. If you don't mind, a "one more time for luck" on Hannah might not be a bad thing if it's not too much of a problem.

Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 20, 2009, 01:31:53 PM
Of the voices you suggested, Destania and Anna seem like good choices to me.  Honestly, though, I think it could also fit Kass or the Blue Phoenix.
In fact, when I first heard the voice it reminded me of the already-existing voice for Destania in the "Get Me to the Church" recordings.

That would be helpful, since that would probably have been Hilary who played her in Disasters.  I always prefer it, if when having to change actors, I can get someone who sounds similar.  And yes, her voice did remind me of someone.

QuoteEDIT: I doubt it helps anyone, but I did a recording of Aniz's lines from Chapter 1 of Abel's Story.  It's not my real voice, though, so it probably wouldn't help to place me--and of the three male characters on Tapewolf's list Graz seems to lend himself the most easily to a voice (meaning I have no idea how the red mythos or the customer would sound), but Tapewolf wants his owner for that role, so....  *shrugs*
What I think I'd like to do is have a complete backup of Graz which I can use if Stiletto simply can't make it.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2009, 06:52:53 PMThat would be helpful, since that would probably have been Hilary who played her in Disasters.  I always prefer it, if when having to change actors, I can get someone who sounds similar.  And yes, her voice did remind me of someone.

Yeah, at first I was surprised it WAS someone new, it sounded so much like Destania.

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2009, 06:52:53 PMWhat I think I'd like to do is have a complete backup of Graz which I can use if Stiletto simply can't make it.

If you want, I can do Graz's lines and send them to you as a backup in case he can't--I don't know how he's supposed to sound, though, so I might end up doing them in different voices just to see what sounds best.

Lena

It'd be no problem to do Hannah's lines once more, for luck as you say. But before I do, do you think you could give me a hint as to how she should sound/something you think I could try to make her sound different from Kria? It'll be a day or two before I can try my hand at recording.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on April 20, 2009, 08:59:44 PM
It'd be no problem to do Hannah's lines once more, for luck as you say. But before I do, do you think you could give me a hint as to how she should sound/something you think I could try to make her sound different from Kria? It'll be a day or two before I can try my hand at recording.

Kria seems to be deeper-voiced, if you can make Hannah sound a bit higher-pitched and more airy, we might be able to get away with it, though it might not work out too well noise-reduction wise.  I guess we'll have to see.

Baal, I had a mental lapse and allowed my spam filter to wipe out most of your emails.  For some reason it didn't take out the first one, which is all I've got.  Is there any chance you can re-send the last two?  I've added you to my whitelist so it shouldn't happen again  :B

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 21, 2009, 06:01:50 AM
Baal, I had a mental lapse and allowed my spam filter to wipe out most of your emails.  For some reason it didn't take out the first one, which is all I've got.  Is there any chance you can re-send the last two?  I've added you to my whitelist so it shouldn't happen again  :B

Already sent both to you again.  Sorry about that....

Hope you find something in there you like!  :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 21, 2009, 01:53:30 PM

I'd be interested to hear a take in your natural voice rather than with an affected accent.  Is there any chance of that?
Also, there's a lot of background noise.  Where were you recording this?

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 21, 2009, 06:58:23 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 21, 2009, 01:53:30 PM

I'd be interested to hear a take in your natural voice rather than with an affected accent.  Is there any chance of that?
Also, there's a lot of background noise.  Where were you recording this?

I guess I could, if you want, although I don't usually think of my own voice as lending itself well to acting....

And I guess I need to turn the humidifier off when I'm recording, sorry about that....

EDIT: Just sent it--no accent, no humidifier.  Hope it's better.

Keiel

Dear all,

You probably don't remember me, but I did the voice of Azlan way back when this thing started. I then fell off the Internet for a few years. I've always entertained the notion of redoing my lines, because they were a bit rubbish really. Also, my post adolescent voice is miles better than it was back in the day. Anyway, hope you're interested, because I'm tewtally interested in doing this and have already made a start.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keiel on April 22, 2009, 05:54:43 AM
Dear all,

You probably don't remember me, but I did the voice of Azlan way back when this thing started. I then fell off the Internet for a few years. I've always entertained the notion of redoing my lines, because they were a bit rubbish really. Also, my post adolescent voice is miles better than it was back in the day. Anyway, hope you're interested, because I'm tewtally interested in doing this and have already made a start.

Absolutely.  It has always been my intention to look you up next time we need some Azlan.  At the end of the day it's up to Amber, but I've always been intending to do the SAIA arc, which does have Azlan in it.

EDIT:

Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 21, 2009, 07:20:47 PM

Yes, thanks - that's a lot better.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 22, 2009, 06:00:36 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 21, 2009, 07:20:47 PM

Yes, thanks - that's a lot better.

You're welcome.  :)

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf