[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

Was the file satisfactory? Would I need to rerecord some bits? The "Amaz-WHOA!" was strangely very hard. Usually when yelling, I do a separate take and turn down the recording volume so it doesn't clip, but it sounded too separate when done like that and I had a heck of a time not clipping when I recorded it together. I'm not sure if I want to spend another hour with that part, but was there anything else worthy of changing?

Tapewolf

That sounds great.  It seems a little lacking in high-end presence compared to some of your recordings, but I'm sure I can work around it.
The only thing that struck me as being a little incoherent was the 'harem outfit' line in 900.  But then again, Dan probably wouldn't be that coherent having seen it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Right.  Here's DMFA 898-905, with the official Dan voice, and some experiments with scoring.
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dp900-b.wav.mp3

...as usual I may have set the score too loud.  It sounded too soft via monitors and too loud via headphones  :<
I've re-used the same theme for two scenes.  That may change, when I can decide which scene it fits most.  Alternatively, I might rerecord the same piece with different instrumentation for each occasion.

I'm still waiting for Mystiqe's voicing for Fi and Aliyka, so you'll have to put up with mine for now.

Comments would be much appreciated.

Slowtini

Dan's reaction in 900 is still one of my favorite scenes in the comic...
And it was portrayed rather well.

Zedd

I love how it was done for Dan's shouting..Awesome job guys!! You all rock!

James StarRunner

The score was very fitting and the whole file sounded better than I expected. The score wasn't overwhelmingly loud, but it was starting to get too loud when Dan was being softspoken before the "Don't. Even. Think. About. It." part.

The "I am going to destroy you!" is awesome and I kinda feel bad that it'll be replaced.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 23, 2008, 10:44:15 PM
The score was very fitting and the whole file sounded better than I expected. The score wasn't overwhelmingly loud, but it was starting to get too loud when Dan was being softspoken before the "Don't. Even. Think. About. It." part.
Thanks.  I should be able to fix the score volume.

QuoteThe "I am going to destroy you!" is awesome and I kinda feel bad that it'll be replaced.
I know what you mean.  I am most likely going to keep the current voice for Aliyka in her monster form.

Mystiqe

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rtzen42ojzm

hopefully that is okay. I'd hate to have to upload that one at a time. Anywho, that's all the Fi lines C: My throat is sore now, I'll try and get more done tomorrow.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on December 11, 2008, 09:13:09 PM
hopefully that is okay. I'd hate to have to upload that one at a time. Anywho, that's all the Fi lines C: My throat is sore now, I'll try and get more done tomorrow.

That's excellent.  Are you going to be looking at Aliyka next?

Mystiqe

Tapewolf

James StarRunner

Mysti liiiiiives! It was funny when you substituted for Fi, but this just sounds right (and that vomit sound was sickingly good).

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 14, 2008, 06:09:54 PM
Mysti liiiiiives! It was funny when you substituted for Fi, but this just sounds right (and that vomit sound was sickingly good).
I actually did a 'better' sound, but it didn't record properly.  Playing this one back, it's probably just as well to stick with the second-best sound  :B

And yes, Mystiqe makes a very good Fi.

Tapewolf

I should be getting new Alexsi recordings fairly soon.  When they arrive, expect some more of the current arc to turn up.  Hopefully for Wednesday, but we'll have to see.

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on January 11, 2009, 06:31:03 PM
Sounds cool, Tape'. Looking forward to it!

I don't yet have Abel, though, or rather I don't have all of them.  I was going to voice him myself, but if you're bored and can do it relatively quickly, feel free to sub him for strips 861-865, 951-956, 958 and 959

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 11, 2009, 06:40:26 PM
Quote from: Jairus on January 11, 2009, 06:31:03 PM
Sounds cool, Tape'. Looking forward to it!

I don't yet have Abel, though, or rather I don't have all of them.  I was going to voice him myself, but if you're bored and can do it relatively quickly, feel free to sub him for strips 861-865, 951-956, 958 and 959
I'd love to give it a try. Um, can it wait a few hours? My good mics at home?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on January 11, 2009, 06:41:54 PM
Like I said, I'm aiming for a release on Wednesday, assuming I get the Alexsi voices by then, so unless it takes longer than that, it should be all good.  TK was hoping to do Alexsi this weekend, so with luck I'll get them tomorrow.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 11, 2009, 06:50:38 PM
Quote from: Jairus on January 11, 2009, 06:41:54 PM
Like I said, I'm aiming for a release on Wednesday, assuming I get the Alexsi voices by then, so unless it takes longer than that, it should be all good.  TK was hoping to do Alexsi this weekend, so with luck I'll get them tomorrow.
I don't think so. Okay, I'll give it a try tonight!

Aurawyn

Do you guys have any Female Voices open still?

I know I asked about this a while back and then kinda dropped off the planet, but life got very busy.. I Started taking college classes,had to have surgery(not major, but still hard to deal with), then the Holidays Ect.. but its a new year and I have more time on my hands and would like to give it anohter go!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aurawyn on January 15, 2009, 10:37:19 AM
Do you guys have any Female Voices open still?
its a new year and I have more time on my hands and would like to give it anohter go!
We do in fact need someone for Regina, so you've come at just the right point!

In other news, I still don't have the new set of voices for Alexsi, but I'll update when I do get them.

Jairus

Sounds cool, Tape. I eagerly await the new section.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on January 15, 2009, 10:46:31 AM
Sounds cool, Tape. I eagerly await the new section.
Apparently she had laryngitis:
"Last time I checked, Alexsi shouldn't sound like Kermit the frog."

...I hope she doesn't mind me quoting that, but it was kinda funny.  Anyway, I think she's over it now, so hopefully it'll be ready for the weekend - we'll see.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I dunno, that could be somewhat amusing to hear...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

I've blown it again, I'm afraid.  Basically, I was a little surprised that Teekay reckoned she'd be over it so quickly, and it turns out she's still sick.  I'll probably voice Alexsi myself for the demo, but I don't have time to do it tonight, so there's going to be yet another delay.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 18, 2009, 02:41:24 PM
I've blown it again, I'm afraid.  Basically, I was a little surprised that Teekay reckoned she'd be over it so quickly, and it turns out she's still sick.  I'll probably voice Alexsi myself for the demo, but I don't have time to do it tonight, so there's going to be yet another delay.
Relax, Tape. It's not like we're commissioning you for this. Take your time, and get it done right. We can wait.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... What he said. As long as you keep us posted, mostly, we're fine with delays.

Heck, it usually takes me a day or two to get a chance to listen to them anyway...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tyranastrasz

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tyranastrasz on January 19, 2009, 12:13:25 PM
Do you need any guys voiced still?
Not that I'm aware of.  Mostly it's female voices that are a problem.

**EDIT**
I tell a lie - Alex and Glev (858).  Jairus has voiced both, so if you want to do that too, I'll make a matched pair from them.  I was going to do one of them myself, but if you're interested...

**EDIT EDIT**
I'm not sure we've got a voice for the red guy in 878-879.

Tyranastrasz

I'll see what I can do about the first one. I can't see myself voicing the red guy, however. He's a bit big, and I'd imagined a much deeper voice for that than what I can produce, heh...