[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiletto

Doesn't matter too much I suppose. What format do you want them in?

James StarRunner

I'd use a good ol' wav file. It's what I send him now.

Tapewolf

Yes, WAV is preferred, though a high-bitrate MP3 is also acceptable.  With the WAV files, zipping them is often helpful to get the size down if you don't have FLAC.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Aside from my Oblivion habit, I'm kind of stuck with this arc - I'd like to start replacing my voice with Dan's, but I've used all James' material for the moment.

Kelsey is looking at doing a proper voice for Shanna, though - when that turns up (hopefully soon) I'll do a release using that.  In the meantime, we need Kria's voice for the current strips where she meets Dan, Lorenda's voice for same, and we need to sort out a Destania.

Lady Buggery

Hia Guys!

Here are my try out wavs, lemmie know if there's anyting I can do to my voice to make it more...voice-y. I don't know. Note that  clicks and such are me just moving around my laptop and that in honest to goodness takes, those noises will be easily edited out :)

Destania 1
http://www.usaupload.net/d/rs01zob79bs

Destania 2
http://www.usaupload.net/d/j2fn99qiflq

Guess who 1 (just for fun)
http://www.usaupload.net/d/z9wly48duy9

Tapewolf

Quote from: Roya Redwing on October 15, 2008, 09:47:46 PM
Here are my try out wavs, lemmie know if there's anyting I can do to my voice to make it more...voice-y. I don't know. Note that  clicks and such are me just moving around my laptop and that in honest to goodness takes, those noises will be easily edited out :)

Awesome.   Voice-wise, I think that's a good match.  I'd be more than happy to have you play Destania.  The performances themselves are a little on the dry side, but that's something I'm sure we can sort out, and I can empathise with your remark about not spooking others in the house.  Nonetheless, I think I'll do a take of 'Angry Dee' myself as a reference.

Sound-wise, the only real problem is the room echo.  There are ways to get around this, though they're kind of embarrassing.  The typical approach is to build a tent out of bedsheets, or wear a sheet over your head during the performance.  Alternatively, if your room is the right shape you might be able to find an acoustically dead spot and record there, which is what I've done, though it's not perfect.

Lady Buggery

Heehee yeah, I've done more spirited performances for other things, like my friends birthday party (she has the most AWESOME themed bday parties. This year was "who wants to be a superhero" and since I couldn't physically be there, I got to be the honorary super villain. My boyfriend and I made her two youtubes, here they are if you wanna hear more of my vocal range/acting or you know lack there of.

Birthday card (you'll know which one is me...its a bit obvious xD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_D6eql3D_w

Super villain Millie Monroe (I had to choak myself to get that voice...that sucked a little xD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJfdu36Ob4&feature=related

And another bit of helpful info: my mic is built in to my laptop, I dunno if that's a bad or a good thing, I recorded both the youtubes with my webcam plugged in though, so the sound may have been recording from that mic so, let me know which sound is better.

Tapewolf

No thanks to oblivion, I recorded a couple of renditions of how I think Destania might sound in 936:

http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/audio/jm_destania.wav.mp3

I admit, it'll be difficult to record that without a dynamics compressor.

Tapewolf

Still no Dan, still no Lorenda.  So I had to do them myself.  Nonetheless, I think Lena's rendition of Kria really carries it through.  Sounds best in stereo.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dp941.wav.mp3

Jairus

Sounds good...

... Tapewolf, if you need me to, I can try to do something close to James' voice of Dan. To help you out, I mean. I may not be perfect, but I can try to do a reasonable match.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on October 29, 2008, 08:24:57 PM
... Tapewolf, if you need me to, I can try to do something close to James' voice of Dan. To help you out, I mean. I may not be perfect, but I can try to do a reasonable match.
That would be nice.  If you can, I'll use it until we can get the proper version from James.  It will at least sound different.

Jairus

Sure thing... I'll see if I still remember how to use Audacity. What strips do you want?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on October 29, 2008, 08:31:26 PM
Sure thing... I'll see if I still remember how to use Audacity. What strips do you want?
937-945, since that's what we have Kria recordings for.  I can do a version of Fi myself.

Yugo

Why hello there. I was wondering if there is anything I can contribute to this project? :3
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Yugo on October 29, 2008, 08:38:06 PM
Why hello there. I was wondering if there is anything I can contribute to this project? :3
Are you female?   >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 30, 2008, 05:09:07 AM
Quote from: Yugo on October 29, 2008, 08:38:06 PM
Are you female?   >:3

No, but I play one over the phone... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

I've updated the file to use Jairus' voice as a stand-in for Dan instead of mine.  I hate having to do two voices...

Mystiqe

Alright so. I apologize for being M.I.A So much >< Going through grade 12 is hitting me really hard.

Anyway, no more excuses. I have the week off next week so I will catch up on my recordings <3

You guys must have such little hope in me as I'm gone so much xD;;;; I'm sorries~ :C I will try to get my arse on the forum more, possibly keep up every day.

But in other news, I'm auditioning to lend my voice to a game in the thought process known as Skullgirls. Doubt anything'll happen, but oh well.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on November 06, 2008, 10:10:14 AM
Anyway, no more excuses. I have the week off next week so I will catch up on my recordings <3

Thanks.  If you can, we need all Fi's lines for the current arc, and also Aliyka's from the flashback.

Mystiqe

Alrighty. Are those the ones that I had to do last time aswell? Or are they others?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on November 06, 2008, 10:17:12 AM
Alrighty. Are those the ones that I had to do last time aswell? Or are they others?
I'd have to go back and check, but I'm 99% sure the last I asked for was from the current arc as well, yes.  If you have sent some and I've missed them, please accept my apologies.  Either way, the arc has grown and Fi has said a few more things since last you were around.  If you need a set of strip numbers I'll sit down later and write them out.

Mystiqe

Strip numbers would be mighty helpful. And I haven't managed to get any lines done as of late, I'm sorry~

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on November 06, 2008, 10:26:33 AM
Strip numbers would be mighty helpful. And I haven't managed to get any lines done as of late, I'm sorry~
We're probably not going to have a production ready this year, but hey, these things happen.

Now, a list of strips:

Fi

874-875
935-940

...possibly also some drunken singing for 873 etc

Aliyka

896-899
901-902
929-930

Monster-Aliyka
(I may keep my rendition of her, but give it a go anyway)
907-908
911-912

James StarRunner

http://www.crystaltopia.com/sound%20files/Dan-908.wav

It's not just 908, but that's what it goes to so far. I'll try to do the rest soon though honestly, I'm had some disturbing news and now I'm not quite in the mood to do any more tonight.

Jairus

Just popping up to say that if any help is needed in recording lines, I'm still willing to help. Though since we seem to have only women lines left, I don't see how much help I could be, unless I missed something.

Also, bummer on the bad news, James. I hope it all works out, whatever it is.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 21, 2008, 08:21:14 PM
It's not just 908, but that's what it goes to so far. I'll try to do the rest soon though honestly, I'm had some disturbing news and now I'm not quite in the mood to do any more tonight.

Well, I hope your news is not as grim as it sounds, whatever it is.  As for the lines, I'll check them in the morning.  With luck, this should enable me to assemble something over the weekend.

Quote from: Jairus on November 21, 2008, 08:48:45 PM
Just popping up to say that if any help is needed in recording lines, I'm still willing to help.
Yeah, you're at the top of the queue.  If we have a customer in the inn or something, I'll post a request here.

Caswin

I was just looking around at some old posts, and...

Did you ever find somebody to play the shadowy figure in Abel's Story?  I may be up to finally giving that a shot, as soon as I find my microphone again.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 21, 2008, 09:02:17 PM
Well, I hope your news is not as grim as it sounds, whatever it is.  As for the lines, I'll check them in the morning.  With luck, this should enable me to assemble something over the weekend.
Nothing to be worried about. No panic or anything. Nobody died. Just a bit of a depressing situation with a friend.

Tezkat

Quote from: Caswin on November 21, 2008, 09:07:16 PM
I was just looking around at some old posts, and...

Did you ever find somebody to play the shadowy figure in Abel's Story?  I may be up to finally giving that a shot, as soon as I find my microphone again.

Uh... given the revelations in the current arc, we have a pretty good idea who that was supposed to be, so Tapewolf would probably get the job again.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on November 21, 2008, 10:03:46 PM
Uh... given the revelations in the current arc, we have a pretty good idea who that was supposed to be, so Tapewolf would probably get the job again.
Yes, I was going to assume it was DP.  Though work on Abel's Story has been going very, very slowly.

EDIT:
To clarify, the main problem with AS right now is Fa'Lina.  However, I do suspect that we'll see some students turning up in due course, and that may well provide openings for Jairus, Yugo, Caswin et al.