[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheActionDude

Tapewolf which characters do you have open for voice overs? I would really to do whatever characters that you'll have me voice. My email address is shown below:

Robbins702@aol.com

-Let me know about them by sending me emails to my email address. I'm really interested in the voice acting job that you have posted on your website.

Tapewolf

We're kind of overstuffed for male roles.  Female ones, however...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

don't do it peter...it will haunt you 4ever.  :kruger

EDIT: although I was never clear as to weather Bon was male or female...

also, Peter sounds a bit like egoraptor.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 10, 2008, 04:59:54 AM
We're kind of overstuffed for male roles.  Female ones, however...

audition for men who can do a good falsetto?

however, those of you who know cerby from the chat.... he now has nightmares of when i did a falsetto and he said it was 'creepy miachel jackson ultra pedophile voice'

so tread carefully
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Fragmaster01

I can see it now: "We couldn't find a female voice actor for Fi, so we made do with this Tiny Tim impersonator on the forums."

James StarRunner

I may be mistaken, but I believe warp aci are sexless, so it shouldn't really matter if they are played by either sex.

GabrielsThoughts

wait, I thought mara vampwing was the voice of Fi and she was a girl... I'm confused.

:erk  hmm... 

I'm a boy so I like to think of Fi as a boy
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 12, 2008, 12:11:10 AM
wait, I thought mara vampwing was the voice of Fi and she was a girl... I'm confused.
She was.  Mystiqe is doing it now.  Still a girl, though.

James StarRunner

Ok, got a little sick before finishing the chapter and reworking  a few lines, but this is what I have so far...

http://www.crystaltopia.com/sound%20files/DanPeg.wav

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 13, 2008, 11:44:45 PM
Ok, got a little sick before finishing the chapter and reworking  a few lines, but this is what I have so far...
Most of this was really, really good.  Personally I think you may have overdone the excitement a little in a few places, but that may just be me.

Tapewolf

Owing to other commitments, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do this, but here's a new update for your listening pleasure.  It features James as Dan, Lena as Shanna and Hannah, and Jairus as Anna.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dp882.wav.mp3

Lena, it looks like the Amazon lines for 888 are missing.  I don't know which character says them, but if you could pick one and random and record the battle cry, that would be very handy.

James StarRunner

So that's what Jairus sounds like. Maybe I can get Jana to do a part.

Jairus

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 21, 2008, 05:28:04 PM
So that's what Jairus sounds like. Maybe I can get Jana to do a part.
I would say "So that's what you sound like," except that I've been listening to these for a bit. The guard's voice is closer to what I normally sound like, except Anna is pretty close to my normal voice just said differently...

... you know what? Forget I said anything.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lena

Sounds like it really came together! I'll try and get 888 to you asap, not sure when exactly I'll be able to record it. At least this time I'll know what not to do when recording.  :rolleyes

Tapewolf

I don't have the voices yet to do much more with Dan, as it stops around 888 except for Graz and Kass, which we don't have (not Graz anyway - must prod Stiletto again).  If I can get Biggs' voice, I'll do the Dan-Biggs scene.  The only tricky part is Destania's voice at the end as we still don't have a Destania.

stiletto

Yes yes, I was informed by the grapevine. I'll get on that. Admittedly I feel self conscious doing weird voices around in my apartment knowing the people next door can hear me.

Fragmaster01

Here's the Biggs stuff for pages 865-873. I didn't do the last two Biggstania lines, because I assumed those would use Destania's voice. If you want those for Biggs, just tell me and I'll record them.
Wav file, no Noise Reduction: http://www.mediafire.com/?mgmmmexmmui
Wav file, slight Noise Reduction: http://www.mediafire.com/?vueyaziziwk
Mp3 file, slight Noise Reduction: http://www.mediafire.com/?yyy5doz3oal
PS: I am somewhat saddened that my crowning moment of this week was spending 5 minutes saying "GAK" into a microphone until it sounded good.

Tapewolf

That is good stuff.  The only thing that could do with tweaking is near the end where Dan says "What if I fail, and die?"  I feel there should be more emphasis on the word 'she'.  If you could redo that line so that he says "And she does the job!", that would be great.  If it's a big problem, don't worry.

And yes, I figured we'll use Dee's voice for the last couple of frames.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Take recordings of both, and merge the voices as Destania changes back to her form?

You wouldn't need full lines of both, but it'd give some sort of hint as to what was going on...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fragmaster01

I really don't care what you do for it, just tell me the decision(so if I need to record those lines, I can do it with the rerecord of the "she does the job" line)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on September 27, 2008, 05:19:34 AM
I really don't care what you do for it, just tell me the decision(so if I need to record those lines, I can do it with the rerecord of the "she does the job" line)

Yes, okay - cross-fades like that are very difficult to make work properly, but yeah, give it a go and I'll see what I can do.  We don't have a Dee though - I might have to cold-call one of the female forum members and see if they're interested  :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, they're difficult, but you're so good at it, JP. ;-]

*cough*

Ok, in all seriousness, I realise they're tricky - you have to get both of them talking at the same pace, which is harder to do in practice than you might think.

Although.. you could take the recording of one of them, and get the other to listen to it, and speak in time with it...

Of course, you're the tape master. For all I know, you can do some sneaky tricks with adjusting the pitch or something, and get the sound to merge that way... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on September 26, 2008, 10:11:21 PM
PS: I am somewhat saddened that my crowning moment of this week was spending 5 minutes saying "GAK" into a microphone until it sounded good.
Heh... Sounds familiar, I do that all the time, sometimes even longer. Jana is saying she spent about that much time saying "Cannonball" for Lorenda.

Sounded great though and the "gak" was quite impressive.

KelseyPotter

I recently got a microphone, and it works rather well. I'd be willing to help out if you need someone.

...Did I read that you need a Destania? I could try...

Tapewolf

Quote from: KelseyPotter on September 30, 2008, 03:36:12 PM
I recently got a microphone, and it works rather well. I'd be willing to help out if you need someone.  ...Did I read that you need a Destania? I could try...

Cool!  Yes, we do need Destania... I can't get in contact with Hilary, who played the role before.
If you're in a position to do this, we could really do with 873.  We're assuming that the last two panels are done in her voice.

KelseyPotter

Okay, I went ahead and recorded Dee's lines, sort of as a test. I don't know if the voice exactly works for her, but...

Here's what I came up with. Let me know what I should do with it...

Tapewolf

Quote from: KelseyPotter on September 30, 2008, 04:14:28 PM
Okay, I went ahead and recorded Dee's lines, sort of as a test. I don't know if the voice exactly works for her, but...
Truth be told, it is rather different from what I'd imagined.
How about Shanna?  Do you think you could give 909-911 a go, and upload it here?  That might be a better match.

Tapewolf

stiletto

Tapewolf

Quote from: stiletto on October 10, 2008, 12:15:18 AM
Hmm, I have some audio files for you...
Excellent!  Do you want to email them to me, or post a link here?